Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Discussion of "Solo, A Star Wars Story"  (Read 19321 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:17 AM »

If they are really doing extensive re-shooting they may need to wait for that to be completed to do a real trailer.  I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly, the one that I think everyone really wants is the Obi-Wan movie.  And I will say this: I didn't have high hopes for Rogue One either, and it was WAY better than I expected.  So maybe low expectations are a good thing... 

LOL

Or not.

I'm kinda hoping we see how Solo acquired the Falcon in the first place.  I've always thought that the ship had a reputation before Solo acquired it.  Life events they could (and should) explore: Han becoming a smuggler.  Han and Chewie becoming a team (including the circumstances of the life-debt Chewie owed Han), the acquisition of the Falcon, and the infamous "Kessel Run". 

1,2,and 3 all leading up to 4, of course.  :-)

Reading the "official synopsis" that starwars.com just released, I think we will be getting just that. I've never watched a Ron Howard movie, but I've heard he is a great director. I have high hopes, but low expectations right now.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 05:48:49 AM »

I really liked TFA, and I loved Rogue One, and The Last Jedi is in my top 3 Star Wars movies, I need to see it not on the big screen to past final judgment. With all that being said, man Solo looks like a bomb. To start out with Han’s character in the OT as someone you shouldn’t care about but then he grows into someone you can love, so Solo will be touching on a character that you shouldn’t care about, it is a flawed premise from the start, then you ad changing directors mid-movie, they should of shuttered it and moved on.

I mean its SW so I will see it in theaters but this seems like a bad move.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »

Reading the "official synopsis" that starwars.com just released, I think we will be getting just that. I've never watched a Ron Howard movie, but I've heard he is a great director. I have high hopes, but low expectations right now.

Willow? Cocoon? Far and Away?  Apollo 13? How the Grinch Stole Christmas? The DaVinci Code?  You haven't seen any of these?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 11:51:43 PM »

Willow? Cocoon? Far and Away?  Apollo 13? How the Grinch Stole Christmas? The DaVinci Code?  You haven't seen any of these?

I've seen the original animated Grinch, but that is all. I've never even heard of Willow or Cocoon.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 12:13:38 AM »

I believe he also did Frost/Nixon and Rush, both really good movies. He's definitely got the chops for it I think, currently people are kind of ticked at him though because he teased that the trailer would be "coming soon" only to release a synopsis of things everybody assumed would happen in it.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

I honestly want one trailer. That is all. I want to see what it looks like so that I can know how excited to be for it. But I don't want to see a lot of content in the trailer.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 01:46:16 AM »

I've never even heard of Willow or Cocoon.

I'm sorry.  Cry

But, there's hope! You've heard of them now. You can still change your fate. You can watch them while waiting for a promising but low content trailer for another Disney film that will likely reveal the writer's misunderstanding of the original characters. You can still find out why I want to throw a magic acorn at JJ Abrams and why I want Disney to stop swimming in the pool with Episodes 4, 5 and 6.

Try to see Willow and Cocoon, is the gist of what I'm saying.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 02:09:54 AM »

I've seen the original animated Grinch, but that is all. I've never even heard of Willow or Cocoon.

Apologies, but it is really odd to meet a star wars fan that doesn't know Willow..which was George Lucas' foray into Sword and Sorcery.  You should watch everyone of those films I listed.  Here is the trailer for Willow...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFtUwAs0wk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFtUwAs0wk</a>

I believe he also did Frost/Nixon and Rush, both really good movies. He's definitely got the chops for it I think, currently people are kind of ticked at him though because he teased that the trailer would be "coming soon" only to release a synopsis of things everybody assumed would happen in it.

He has no control over the trailer release.  I 100% am sure he was told the trailer would be released on that date
\

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 06:56:16 PM »

He has no control over the trailer release.  I 100% am sure he was told the trailer would be released on that date
\

You know how it is... kill the messenger  Wink

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

I've been passing the time waiting for the real one by watching some of the Fan-made trailers and this one ain't half bad.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKenVqyvCI0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKenVqyvCI0</a>

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »

So Disney has finally broken the deafening silence and said the trailer will be released during Good Morning America on Monday morning. I don't watch "talking head" television but this will probably be worth it. http://collider.com/solo-a-star-wars-story-trailer-release-date/

Also a rumor going 'round that a teaser will appear during the Super Bowl but seems kind of odd to do that if a full trailer comes to us the very next day.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:43 PM »

So the first Solo teaser just aired during the Super Bowl about 2 minutes ago. Hard to really dive into it without the ability to re-watch but first impression is that it looks very much in the vein of Rogue One and felt like Original Trilogy material which is a plus. The Imperial "military recruiter" is what I'll call him, instantly took me back to the classic Star Wars feels. Something about a crisp Imperial uniform always takes me back.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:41 AM »

So the first Solo teaser just aired during the Super Bowl about 2 minutes ago. Hard to really dive into it without the ability to re-watch but first impression is that it looks very much in the vein of Rogue One and felt like Original Trilogy material which is a plus. The Imperial "military recruiter" is what I'll call him, instantly took me back to the classic Star Wars feels. Something about a crisp Imperial uniform always takes me back.

I'm excited to see more star wars movies, however the trailer seemed to remind me of the fake Dundee movie trailer. It's kind of felt jokey.

Regardless though, I'm happy.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »

Waiting to see the full trailer today but based on the teaser, I am going to like this movie, I hope. Han Solo is my favorite non-Force user character.

Regardless, I will be there opening day. And yes, I am also excited to see more Star Wars movies.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »

So far from the Super Bowl Teaser and today's longer Trailer it's looking and sounding really good to me.  Seems like they're trying to go more "Smuggler Crew" ensemble crew though ala Firefly or similar shows. Haven't looked much into the director or actors yet, but the story seems to be all the points fans would want.   I'm optimistic. 

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: