Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Here come the W-Olympics. What's your favorite event?  (Read 14390 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:58 PM »

Yeah, it's the same here with certain events. I highly doubt Jessie Diggins is getting paid to cross-country ski for the most part if you aren't in hockey, basketball, swimming, gymnastics, snowboarding, or Alpine skiing, you probably are lucky to get any support, and don't make much if anything from your sport.

Vic Wild is a great example. He switched to his wife's country, because US alpine snowboarding program is just awful. No support, little opportunity.

I thought that sport was considered almost as a normal job in the US ... i understand now that it seems to depend on the sport Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »

I thought that sport was considered almost as a normal job in the US ... i understand now that it seems to depend on the sport Smiley

It definitely depends upon sport. Ping pong is not considered an actual sport, despite it's popularity. It's basically just popular as a bar game. Same with badminton, it's a thing we play at barbecues.

Most athletes outside sports I mentioned either hold down a job, or make money at their sport playing in other countries.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »

Paralympic games begin today ... impressive too Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2018, 06:37:39 PM »

I caught some Paralympics last night and this morning. Really neat to see how people with disabilities can adapt to excel at their sports. Can't wait to see some sled hockey!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: