Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Curved blade ?  (Read 7739 times)
Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »

Keep us posted on this project, I am very interested. I’ve been researching and formulating ideas for customizing a samurai hilt. A subtlety curved blade would be the perfect way to finish off the look that I hadn’t even considered.

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »

I have a blade that has a slight curve to it all due to having sat at a particular angle with some weight on it.  It was purely unintentional, but now this blade has this curve to it that I haven't been able to get rid of - all from me leaving the saber standing against a wall, blade down, for about a month.

So - it's just a hypothesis, but...  maybe try taking your saber, WITH the blade you want curved installed, and place the blade into something secure like a vice, and just let the weight of the hilt pull it down, or place other things of weight on it, like a chain, etc., and leave it a while.  Worth a shot.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:22 PM »

I have a blade that has a slight curve to it all due to having sat at a particular angle with some weight on it.  It was purely unintentional, but now this blade has this curve to it that I haven't been able to get rid of - all from me leaving the saber standing against a wall, blade down, for about a month.

So - it's just a hypothesis, but...  maybe try taking your saber, WITH the blade you want curved installed, and place the blade into something secure like a vice, and just let the weight of the hilt pull it down, or place other things of weight on it, like a chain, etc., and leave it a while.  Worth a shot.
HA! My theory works. +1 the unintentional test.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 05:14:05 PM »

Point for the mistake that may help me

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 05:16:01 PM »

Its still in progress but coming along nicely

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB

Gifted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »

Its still in progress but coming along nicely

You chopped off the emitter?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:01 PM »

Yes. It had to be done. Many sacrifices have to be made.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 10:50:27 PM »

Looking good so far.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 03:26:14 AM »

Hilt looks the part for sure.
Very nice work on that

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »

I took one of my blades with my mantis on it and have it viced at the tip. I plan on letting it hang for a couple weeks to see if the bend sticks.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »

I took one of my blades with my mantis on it and have it viced at the tip. I plan on letting it hang for a couple weeks to see if the bend sticks.
Be careful not to over stress it. Otherwise you'll put a kink in it. Is it MG or HG? One of my MGs took a hit from a HG, over bB's movie premier, and instantly dented. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

TR-77477
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 01:49:07 PM »

I have it in a cool room and it’s a mg blade.  That way it won’t get too warm and over bend.

Make-A-Wish Donations

Gifted

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »

Nice. Again the Japanese side of my is interested to see how this'll turn out when its done Tongue I need to get me a blank saber and do something similar. Might a V4 work for this type of look?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Adegan Grey
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »

Have you considered checking out ripper blades? (sorry if that's not allowed). They have several different types of the flat dark saber type blades.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »

Have you considered checking out ripper blades? (sorry if that's not allowed). They have several different types of the flat dark saber type blades.
RHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHRH

Can't remember the reason, but RB is on the "other guys" list of unmentionables for the forum.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: