Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Damaged speaker?  (Read 3364 times)
Snirkd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: January 21, 2018, 03:30:34 PM »

Hi Saber enthusiasts!
i have a problem, and i need assistance. i just got my saber like 3 hours ago, and iv'e got a problem that probably only jedi masters can help me fix.
the thing is, i think that the speaker got damaged, probably by me. i didn't look at the tutorial and thought that taking out the battery pack is made by using something to pry out the assembly from the bottom. i had no idea that the black covering on the bottom was in fact part of the speaker, i thought thats how a fresh lightsaber with sound comes. the thing is, i tried to remove it, and only when i could see it's irremovable (by wounding it a little) i looked in a toturial. i used something metallic to touch said covering, and i believe that it's either that (magnetizing it or something) or something else i did that damaged the saber since the sound is now 95% weaker. to note, it got weaker in levels, like to 70% and then this.
also, its probably improtant to say that i did hit the saber with something heavy, not super heavy contact, so there might be some wiring that got loose.
also to note is that i tried "putting the cover back together" by using insulating tape, since sound did come out very well for the first minutes after the "wounding" but that affected nothing, and as i said the sound got slowly decreased (you can hear it only if you get your ear real close to the speaker, and still very weak).
To be certain, i checked the batteries in the xtar charger, they were at 70% - 90% so i believe it's not a battery issue.
Another thing to note is that the light function is fine, so if it's faulty wiring it's just to the speaker.

can you guys help me please? give me some instructions? i really want to fix this.
i have a Prophecy V3 , Guardian Blue with FOC and Obsidian V4. the blade is UltraEdge Heavy Grade.

Thanks everyone!

Best regards,
Snirkd

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »

Would help a lot of you cab show with pictures the part you think you damaged and the tape job you did because just by reading it I'm a little confused.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Snirkd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:09:21 PM »

Would help a lot of you cab show with pictures the part you think you damaged and the tape job you did because just by reading it I'm a little confused.

Sure. sorry, didn't have time at that moment.

i dont know if its acutally the speaker damage that causes this since there is sound but super faint (you actually have to put the hilt to your ear to hear anything).
can it be that the speaker isn't getting enough power? how to check?
thanks!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »

Definitely looks like a damaged speaker to me.
About the only way to fix something like that would be to replace it

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:58:52 AM »

That is a heavily damaged speaker, it's going to need replacing. Unfortunately since this was user error US probably won't cover the repair, but I would email them about it anyways.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »

Yeah I would agree, you need to have the speaker replaced Sad

Snirkd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 07:17:17 AM »

yeah i thought so guys, how hard is it to replace? i mean, sending the hilt to US is probably gonna cost more from where i come from. is there anything to consider with the V4 while replacing?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:10:22 AM »

You can order the part from US https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-aacombo.htm

You will just have to soldier the wires together. I would think that is the cheapest fix.

Snirkd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »

You can order the part from US https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-aacombo.htm

You will just have to soldier the wires together. I would think that is the cheapest fix.

I guess its really the easiest. how do i remove the V4 from the battery pack?
and another thing. the part costs 18$ but the shipping to my country via fedex is like 37, that makes it really expensive.
do you know if US might ship it through another carrier? that is really just a small part that shouldn't be a problem sending through some cheaper carrier,
so i wonder if they do.

thanks again, you are helping me alot!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »

You would have to contact US about any shipping questions, and honestly I have never removed a sound board from the battery pack. Maybe such YouTube, or maybe somebody else will chime in.

Snirkd
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »

You would have to contact US about any shipping questions, and honestly I have never removed a sound board from the battery pack. Maybe such YouTube, or maybe somebody else will chime in.

Thanks, ive mailed Deep about this, expect an answer soon.
if anyone else has any info to share i'd be super thankful!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: