Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Contemplating a more balanced code.  (Read 3817 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« on: January 24, 2018, 09:54:18 PM »

Something that's been ticking in my head, feel free to give me some thoughts and discuss.

Through passion unto peace.
Strength applied with knowledge.
Serenity to temper power.
Victory within harmony.
Balanced is the Force,
and the Force is with me.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 10:02:51 PM »

Something that's been ticking in my head, feel free to give me some thoughts and discuss.

Victory within harmony.
Balanced is the Force,

Honestly, I don't get the whole "code" thing. Why can't a Jedi just do what is right, and a Sith follow what they want? That is my way of thinking anyways. That being said, this is a lot better than the other codes I have seen. Maybe you should write a story about someone who follows this path. Wink Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 10:07:42 PM »

Honestly, I don't get the whole "code" thing. Why can't a Jedi just do what is right, and a Sith follow what they want? That is my way of thinking anyways. That being said, this is a lot better than the other codes I have seen. Maybe you should write a story about someone who follows this path. Wink Grin

Because Jedi and Sith are not individuals..they are part of a whole.  The Jedi Code was implemented to make sure everyone "toed the line" so to speak.  What one Jedi may see as "the right thing" may not be a "good thing".  Every group has a code or rule set. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 10:19:10 PM »

Peace is a lie... we need a new opening line here.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »

A code is much like a guiding principle, or a philosophy.  As has been mentioned elsewhere, the Jedi have a code that helps with uniformity, cohesion.  The Sith code reads a good bit more like a manifesto, a decree on how to seek personal power and grow strong through reveling in such.

As for your suggestion of writing  story.  I have that idea as well.  This started bouncing in my head from something a friend said elsewhere, and it seems to me to be the guiding personal code of someone who perhaps started off as a Jedi, and left the order over personal philosophical differences.

There are many kinds of peace; peace meaning not being at conflict, of various types.  I think through exploring and accepting passions, we can find a peaceful place amid them, where we experience them, but not let them rule us, taking control by experiencing passions, not denying them.  The Sith seeks to be in control, and while being fueled by passion is important, being controlled by passion is just another form of slavery.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:43 PM »

Victory within harmony.
Balanced is the Force,
I like it.  That is very similar to the Gray Jedi Code:

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see
There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death
The Force is all things and I am the Force

A code is much like a guiding principle, or a philosophy.  As has been mentioned elsewhere, the Jedi have a code that helps with uniformity, cohesion.  The Sith code reads a good bit more like a manifesto, a decree on how to seek personal power and grow strong through reveling in such.

As for your suggestion of writing  story.  I have that idea as well.  This started bouncing in my head from something a friend said elsewhere, and it seems to me to be the guiding personal code of someone who perhaps started off as a Jedi, and left the order over personal philosophical differences.

There are many kinds of peace; peace meaning not being at conflict, of various types.  I think through exploring and accepting passions, we can find a peaceful place amid them, where we experience them, but not let them rule us, taking control by experiencing passions, not denying them.  The Sith seeks to be in control, and while being fueled by passion is important, being controlled by passion is just another form of slavery.
That would be awesome Illyiss!  You should write that, sounds intriguing  Smiley

I would also highly recommend that you check out the stories written by Karmack, Lord_S_Gray, and Taegin Roan.  They are quite unique and incredibly interesting!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 12:19:09 AM »

Thanks, Dutch, I'll have to look into those.  I am hoping to get onto some writing, when I can get my brain to wrap itself around doing so. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 12:21:28 AM »

Thanks, Dutch, I'll have to look into those.  I am hoping to get onto some writing, when I can get my brain to wrap itself around doing so. 

TD likes to leave his own stories out when he says to check them out, but they are definitely worth a read as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 03:56:37 AM »

Excellent!  I can tell you: this is the perfect venue to do so!  Everyone involved are supportive and the feedback is helpful, friendly, and welcome! So much so...

TD likes to leave his own stories out when he says to check them out, but they are definitely worth a read as well.
Thanks TR  Smiley. As I was saying, so much so that I felt inspired to write!  I think that I can speak objectively but the stories in the Fan Fiction section are better than the majority of the EU books that I have read  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 04:12:06 AM »

I often find that much of what gets published in general is rather rubbish... and that the various internet sources have some of the best stories.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:57 AM »

I often find that much of what gets published in general is rather rubbish... and that the various internet sources have some of the best stories.
Indeed!  I could not agree more!  To wit: the authors I mentioned (and TheDrunkenConsular) are really producing quality reads!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 04:52:29 AM »

Indeed!  I could not agree more!  To wit: the authors I mentioned (and TheDrunkenConsular) are really producing quality reads!

I have been following TDC's excellent tale of Brothers.  I have to say, I am impressed and enjoying that.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 12:18:19 PM »

I have been following TDC's excellent tale of Brothers.  I have to say, I am impressed and enjoying that.
Likewise!  If I may suggest: start with Karmack's "We Are Gray" and "Hide and Seek," LSG's "Children of the Aether," TR's "Shadow of the Outcast" (AWESOME title!), and if I may be so bold my own "Tarnished Knight"

Even within those, we started tossing in Easter Eggs and references to each other's works and has been so much fun!

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »

How about following?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Hmm, I think that'll become my new signature Grin

The Force shall free me.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »

How about following?

The Force shall free me.

Hmm, I think that'll become my new signature Grin
LOL wonderful GW!  That is absolutely perfect  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: