Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth revan mask??  (Read 3729 times)
Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -82

I AM THE BALANCE

« on: January 25, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »

I'm looking to make a Darth Revan mask out of EVA foam and have all the materials. I was wondering if anyone had the patterns/templates to create this mask or helmet. I don't really want to just start cutting into my foam and wasting it. Amy help would be amazing

Try not!...do, or do not.. there is no try.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 11:24:46 PM »

Can't help with any of that, but I would try anything you do on some poster board before cutting your foam. Once you got it right you can then use that piece as a template.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 11:47:15 PM »

Thanks that's probably what I will have to do. Iv seen other ways to make templates with wraping foil and then duct tape around one of those dummy heads and drawing your mask on it. Then cutting it out. Its going to be a long process however I do it.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 07:01:30 AM »

Thanks that's probably what I will have to do. Iv seen other ways to make templates with wraping foil and then duct tape around one of those dummy heads and drawing your mask on it. Then cutting it out. Its going to be a long process however I do it.
Yes I have seen that too, also a great idea.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »

My buddy made this one, not sure about the mask part but for part of the helmet he used a template for the Captain America (Winter Soldier) headgear.  I'll see if he still remembers which ones he used.

WhillB
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »

I'm looking to make a Darth Revan mask out of EVA foam and have all the materials. I was wondering if anyone had the patterns/templates to create this mask or helmet. I don't really want to just start cutting into my foam and wasting it. Amy help would be amazing

I just Googled "Darth Revan Mask Template" and got a bunch of results/vids.

I cannot go too far into it, as I'm at work and not supposed to be here. Lol. But yeah, Google is your friend.

Also, try looking around on the RPF forums. If you've never been there, you are about to find a whole new world  Cheesy

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »

Thanks! That helmet is awesome by the way. That's exactly what I'm going for

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 04:41:19 PM »

If you're familiar with the term pepakura, try searching "Revan mask pepakura foam" and see if any files pop up. I have no experience with foam building, but I've made a few things with pepakura and cardstock

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »

One of my favorite Youtubers made one here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o-gViLE6rA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o-gViLE6rA</a>

It might not be the exact style you are going for but should at least give you some tips. You can make so many different kinds of masks from EVA foam.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 01:29:53 AM »

That YouTube video is the one I followed..it helped a lot..I'm already almost done with mine..just need to finish painting. I'm still going to try and figure out a way to make it a full helmet instead of just a mask. But at least I have a decent mask to build onto. Thank you all for the help and ideas.. I love saber forum!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 01:33:37 AM »

Definitely a good way to get a start.
According to the lore, it was actually taken from a mandalorian helmet

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: