Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Blade Plugs - pics & instructions appreciated  (Read 56992 times)
Lord Tohmas
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

(DS points please!)

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »

I'm working on a plug right now, using parts from a Bushnell flashlight, an old wheel mouse, and a quartz crystal, also utilizing some green enamel and glue, of course...

That looks great, and very unique! (And honestly, I'm not using "unique" to mask anything bad.  Tongue )

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 11:06:12 PM »

Thank you, Lord Tohmas.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 05:00:22 AM »

So, since I have some time to wait before I can order my MB or get the one I got from a friend,  I decided I want to use my time to make a custom blade plug. (Tinker isn't just an honorary name.. Wink )

However - I did have a question - while I know the diameter,  is there a general length for a blade plug or does it vary?  So far, from looking at examples here and the official US plugs, I'm estimating a height of about 2.5 to 3 inches.  Does that sound about right for a good starting size?

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 05:46:37 AM »

Hi.  The blade plug height that US sells is 2".  Depending upon what saber you receive the actual emitter depth will vary.  The longest I have made is 3.25".  I generally like my plugs to be gently flush with the LED housing and stop at the level of the top of the emitter.  This would not include any crystals or other ornamental objects beyond... just the basic tube.  I would say that if you went 2.5" that it would be good for multiple saber models.  You could always trim the base down or make another if longer is desired.  Smiley

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 06:16:15 AM »

Thanks!

That helps a lot.  I can easily do 2 to 2.5 inch plugs with the polycarbon tube I bought.  I'm figuring on making a couple for me, and a couple for a friend.  Smiley
This will give me something to think about beyond costuming and larp projects.  XD

-GT

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 06:24:14 AM »

Glad that helps.  Also make sure that the tubing is no more or less than 1" in diameter just like the blades.  Some plugs can be a tight fit while others are not in the same saber.

And please share your plug customs here.  Smiley

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »

Glad that helps.  Also make sure that the tubing is no more or less than 1" in diameter just like the blades.  Some plugs can be a tight fit while others are not in the same saber.

And please share your plug customs here.  Smiley

Yup, I picked up some 1" OD Polycarbonate tubing the other day for the project.  So..  while it's not done or anything, I managed to get something mocked up as a work in progress of an idea I'm testing,  so here you go, my first blade plug very early in progress:
-GT

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:52 AM »

Yup, I picked up some 1" OD Polycarbonate tubing the other day for the project.  So..  while it's not done or anything, I managed to get something mocked up as a work in progress of an idea I'm testing,  so here you go, my first blade plug very early in progress:
-GT

This looks like a project that interests me, can't wait to see where it goes.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darkshadowfox91
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 07:10:08 AM »

Okay this is like some of the coolest stuff I have ever seen! Awesome!

Owned:
Dominix LE v4
Obsidian V4 Sound (Emerald) with Silver Flash on Clash
((((((|____o__|(((({=]                                            

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »

Hi DSF.  Glad you like these.  There will be lots more to come... hopefully you will add on to the collection.

I still use both of the blade plugs that US offers.  My custom ones are mostly for my customized sabers.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »

The plug belonging to my MAYHEM saber.  More pics on that thread.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 07:04:34 PM »

-GT

Nice work from a faucet aerator. Looks great!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »

Here's my new one. Not my Idea, though i did make this one. Others have done similar yet I have no idea how they do it. This is just what I came up with.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »

Here's my new one. Not my Idea, though i did make this one. Others have done similar yet I have no idea how they do it. This is just what I came up with.

Can you share a materials list?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 12:46:51 AM »

Can you share a materials list?

Illysis,  I was just messaged on another forum by ARKM who had the original idea to make these types of blade plugs. I just figured it out on my own. He sells these along with Dark Side Engineering.  Though the razor head he has no rights to it is his idea to make a blade plug out of it . He asked asked me if I would respect that he is selling them and it was his original idea. Out of that respect I will not give you a list nor make others for sale individually. I don’t want harsh feeling with anyone, I hope you understand.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: