Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Blade Plugs - pics & instructions appreciated  (Read 56017 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 01:13:49 AM »

I respect your decision, I found his orginal DIY post elsewhere. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 01:24:37 AM »

Illyiss, that blade plug design is trademarked, it is ARKM and Darkside Engineering's intellectual property. I support Jediseth's decision to respect their wishes and not share how to make this plug. That being said, if you found how to make it, try. Just be aware that the design is owned.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:16 AM »

Illyiss, that blade plug design is trademarked, it is ARKM and Darkside Engineering's intellectual property. I support Jediseth's decision to respect their wishes and not share how to make this plug. That being said, if you found how to make it, try. Just be aware that the design is owned.

And I can reference him in a thread saying making it is "All good".  He explained how to make it, on a public forum, 8 years ago.  Not trying to sell anything, just looking for ideas.  Was actually more interested in the outer casing used by JediSeth.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »

And I can reference him in a thread saying making it is "All good".  He explained how to make it, on a public forum, 8 years ago.  Not trying to sell anything, just looking for ideas.  Was actually more interested in the outer casing used by JediSeth.

The outer casing is 1 inch brass tubing.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2018, 07:16:57 PM »

The outer casing is 1 inch brass tubing.

Thank you.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »

I think I might have to slowly jump into this ongoing party of making blade plugs sooner than later. I know that using spare US blades and cutting them down is a viable option but I don't foresee me having a spare blade to cut down in the future so I have to ask, where do y'all get your polycarbonate tube from if you aren't using an Ultrasaber blade? Is it just as simple as special ordering it from your local home improvement store?

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2018, 08:37:55 PM »

TCSS, The Custom Saber Shop.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

I bought mine at TAP Plastics.  It's a specialty plastics company on the West Coast and local to me.  I was able to get a 1 foot 1" OD polycarbonate tube cut for like a buck or two.  They do have online ordering as well.

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »

TCSS, The Custom Saber Shop.

Thanks, I think I've found a great shop for accessories.  Cool

I bought mine at TAP Plastics.  It's a specialty plastics company on the West Coast and local to me.  I was able to get a 1 foot 1" OD polycarbonate tube cut for like a buck or two.  They do have online ordering as well.

-GT

Checked them out, really wish I was local as it's about $40 for one tube for me. That's pretty great that you have all those plastic products right available at your fingertips. Oh the things I would make... Thanks for the info Smiley

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Darigaz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 03:10:07 AM »

Thanks, I think I've found a great shop for accessories.  Cool

Checked them out, really wish I was local as it's about $40 for one tube for me. That's pretty great that you have all those plastic products right available at your fingertips. Oh the things I would make... Thanks for the info Smiley

Polycarbs are usually expensive. You could get acrylic tubes as a cheaper alternative. Probably be able to get them from craft shops.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:44 AM »

Polycarbs are usually expensive. You could get acrylic tubes as a cheaper alternative. Probably be able to get them from craft shops.

I'll look into acrylic then, I don't recall seeing anything like that at my local craft stores but it wouldn't be the first time that I've found new things. Thanks for the tip  Smiley

Darigaz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »

No problem there!

I used acrylic tube i found at my local craft store, sanded the insides to give it a matte finish and shoved/hot glue a Tamiya model car wheel in.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »

No problem there!

I used acrylic tube i found at my local craft store, sanded the insides to give it a matte finish and shoved/hot glue a Tamiya model car wheel in.

Very creative!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »

Hah!  Excellent!  I'd been thinking the same thing, that 1/24 or 1/25 scale model car wheels would be about the right size to fit in a blade tube.  Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking it!

Great job! 

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Darth_Eclipse
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2018, 04:08:47 AM »

i will have to try make one great ideas

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: