Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Blade Plugs - pics & instructions appreciated  (Read 56013 times)
Ken at Sunrise
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »

Does anyone know where the offer/sell different blade plugs with crystals?  Also, I wonder the the polycarbonite tubing from Home Depot is okay to use.  I'd hate it melting on the LED.

Always try to do what is right.

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »

Here is the beginning of my first blade plug.  The top part is the business end of a kitchen sink faucet aerator. I would rather post the actual picture rather than the link, but not sure how to do that yet, lol

http://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOZQvWDTs4sZ8EpOHeqpbSdByVWzBfFNtpwMOUt

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »

Here is the beginning of my first blade plug.  The top part is the business end of a kitchen sink faucet aerator. I would rather post the actual picture rather than the link, but not sure how to do that yet, lol

http://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOZQvWDTs4sZ8EpOHeqpbSdByVWzBfFNtpwMOUt

This link doesn't seem to work... all I get is
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2019, 02:06:56 AM »

I like my blades at 29" inches so i use a miter box and a  fine tooth hacksaw to cut down the blade and I than have a few inches of blade left over to play around with and 1" disc or washer crazy glued nothing fancy

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2019, 10:33:43 PM »

My first fully custom blade plug.

I finished the custom blade plug using an old US standard blade. I really like the way it turned out, even if it isn't really visible when lit.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2019, 03:18:45 AM »

Interesting.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2019, 04:17:01 AM »

Who has made their own round razor blade plugs before? Would say, standard ones from wal mart fit the blades? I'm gonna be getting some soon to try and make myself =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »

Who has made their own round razor blade plugs before? Would say, standard ones from wal mart fit the blades? I'm gonna be getting some soon to try and make myself =]
Since I have no clue what you're talking about, I really hope you do post pictures.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2019, 05:31:23 PM »

What's the width of a blade plug again?

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2019, 10:43:37 PM »

What's the width of a blade plug again?
Same as the blades... 1" (or 2.54 centimeters, if you prefer).

ShadowyKnight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

The Cat King [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »

Thank you.

Nothing can't be counted, and nothing too.

My collection (which is depressing, hoping to add to it)
~Dark Initiate LE v5 stunt DVA

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 11:40:28 PM »

Thank you.
Thank YOU for asking a question I can actually answer correctly!  Cheesy

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2019, 10:21:24 PM »

There's actually a post a few pages earlier on, I forget who made one though with a round type razor piece, like from the shavers basically (Ex: Phillip's round type shaver)

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2019, 11:07:00 PM »

So far in this thread, I have seen one method mentioned for cutting the polycarbonate tube, and that's been a fine-toothed hacksaw.  iw there any other recommended method?  For instance, what about a tube/pipe cutter for plumbing pipes?  I'm thinking of something similar to this.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2019, 11:18:13 PM »

So far in this thread, I have seen one method mentioned for cutting the polycarbonate tube, and that's been a fine-toothed hacksaw.  iw there any other recommended method?  For instance, what about a tube/pipe cutter for plumbing pipes?  I'm thinking of something similar to this.

Hi Cyclops942, that type of pipe/tube cutter is the best method I have seen and recommend. It reduces dust produced to near zero as it "scores" a line around the blade then cuts into the scored line as you tighten and rotate the cutter. The finished cut is much cleaner and straight plus as there is no dust you don't get loads of debris inside your blade afterwards. Then a decent sharp craft knife and straight edge to cut down your diffusion film if you're cutting a blade down (obviously no need to cut film for a plug!)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: