Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Menace & The Guardian  (Read 2455 times)
Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« on: January 26, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »

Hey everyone!  Today I'm going to be showing off a couple of my favorite sabers.  These two hilts are my most loaded hilts from Ultrasabers, the Menace and the Guardian.

To start, both are set up pretty similar.  Using the Obsidian v4 sound and tri cree leds options in their canon colors.  My Menace staff is coupled with the unique to Ultrasabers quick release coupler.  The Menace is the standard finish and the Guardian is the CE nickel plated version.  They both use AV switches, and I chose black and silver on them to blend in to the design.

The Menace has the small crystal accent screws removed as I've used both of these sabers for stage combat and performance.  I've got black rubber O rings on the Menace in what, to me, are the accurate spots. The blades are custom day blades from TCSS parts.  The Menace uses two 30 inch blades and the Guardian has a 36 inch blade.  All the blades are heavy grade dueling quality.

I've taken these things all over and really put them through the paces.  Here's a few of my favorite pictures with them.

And of course I always like to show the sabers in motion!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD5gVVZmrY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRD5gVVZmrY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YY7t-L6uGQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YY7t-L6uGQ</a>

I hope you guys enjoy checking out some of these photos and videos.  I think they're both classic designs.  I was a kid when Episode I came out, and these two sabers were always my favorite growing up.  I love showing these things off!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

Sam...those are absolutely MAGNIFICENT sabers!! 

Sorry Sam, maybe you answered this (or it's against forum rules because "other guy" provenance) but what blades are those?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »

Wonderful pictures, and very nice looking sabers!

Yes, please tell us more about those blades!

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »

Both are beautiful sabers Sam, but I really love the Menace staff  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:32:24 PM »

I did mention the blades, they're made from parts you can pick up from TCSS.  They do require a little bit of assembly though.  I've gotten into the practice of doing my own blades because I prefer the interior liner to be thicker, giving it a stronger "core" on the clear or colored-clear versions.  We also didn't glue the film inside, so when we crinkle it or dent the film we can easily replace it.  We assembled his green blade the same way on the Consular.  "The other guys" do sell a similar product, but it's for a ludicrous price.  I made a whole set for a portion of the price they charge for something like that.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 03:44:01 AM »

Excellent hilts there, Sam.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 03:46:54 AM »

I did mention the blades, they're made from parts you can pick up from TCSS.  They do require a little bit of assembly though.  I've gotten into the practice of doing my own blades because I prefer the interior liner to be thicker, giving it a stronger "core" on the clear or colored-clear versions.  We also didn't glue the film inside, so when we crinkle it or dent the film we can easily replace it.  We assembled his green blade the same way on the Consular.  "The other guys" do sell a similar product, but it's for a ludicrous price.  I made a whole set for a portion of the price they charge for something like that.
Much obliged Sam!  Again: marvellous  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 05:48:47 AM »

Great sabers for sure Sam, two of my favorites from US. They just have to many to buy them all. LOL. I really like the day blades too, I still don't have those yet either (the need an OB day blade). For anybody that hadn't done business with them TCSS are great people and if an order gets messed up they more then make up for it, great customer service.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 05:02:32 AM »

Here's a little demo of the sound setup I use.  I fully customized the Menace to have 3 fonts and a mute.  It has a 40 second loop of the duel of the fates song, a movie font, and a clone wars cartoon font.  The idea is one hilt plays the music font and the other end uses the movie style font.  I need to update the Guardian, I use basically the Episode I font with a lockup sound that loops the Duel of the Fates intro.

Also forgive the messy yard 😆

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNd3tlbZTFY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNd3tlbZTFY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 05:18:02 AM »

That's a cool idea, Sam

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 05:28:35 AM »

It's a pretty neat effect, and quite loud in person.  My tablet doesn't quite pick up the volume it has when I'm spinning it.  It draws a lot of attention at events though.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:23 AM »

Wonderful canon sabers you got there Sam!  Cool

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »

Just realized I hadn't posted on this yet. Great sabers Sam. Definitely some of the most beautiful hilts in all of SW.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

28Shadow
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -23

Dark Side points please!

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »

Very nice!  (-1) because that's quite the awesome set up!

"Let the past die.  Kill it, if you have to."

Darth_Eclipse
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 03:47:33 AM »

Very nice sabers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: