Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3rd Saber, yeah I may have the bug.....  (Read 1497 times)
Jaraxus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:27 AM »

Alright, so my second Mystery Saber, which makes my third Saber (so far), came in. Blazing Red Dark Sentinel v4 with AV switch and no windows. Now bear with me because the pictures may not agree with that description. I craft. I craft Halloween. I craft D&D. I craft Larps. Strangely enough, with Star Wars being the first movie I ever saw in '77, I hadn't crafted anything Wars since the early 80's with Hoth sets out of styrofoam and Dagobah out of papermache. These Sabers are so far beyond our old broomstick sabers with PVC hilts that I of course had to start learning. Sooooo with my third Dark Side Saber, it was time. I took it apart. I checked the wiring. I checked the soldered joints. I checked the heat sink and the switch and the threads. I rewired it. I added a quick connect for a 7.4v Li-Po Airsoft battery ( did I mention I can't help but tinker and play with my boys airsoft gear too?). Changed the resistor (obviously) and built a small carrier to hold it all nicely in the hilt with no wiggles. Then I took it all back apart, cleaned it, and took apart my other Blazing Red Aeon. Then I started playing with finishes, and aging, and weathering, and stripped em back down and started over again lol. Then it was pointed out as I got to thinking how to age my final color scheme for this one that I never made a review for my Sentinel. In all its glory, my review is thus.....I have found no flaws in three Sabers. They are as awesome right from the box as anyone could possibly expect, and once they make it to my workbench my fun increases ten fold. The workmanship is top notch, the options are on point and the selection makes it easy to find another one make plans to add to the collection. I see some I want to get and keep as is, and even more that I start seeing ways to personalize in numerous ways. To sum it up, I've already ordered a 4th Saber, in Forum Dark Violet, and 13 business days in since my order I'm nearly salivating.

Pontiac Engine Blue, with a Copper Plate overspray, bands of original black and conductive copper tape then a Grey Suede handle wrap. Now just have to weather a bit.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:46:46 AM »

Welcome to the addiction.
Nice work on that saber

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:59:29 AM »

I like what you did to it, very unique!  Yep you got the bug.   Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 05:15:15 AM »

Nice work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 05:24:46 AM »

"TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!!!"  Or are you a different Jaraxus? 😆

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 05:52:55 AM »

It is a highly addictive hobby.  Cheesy

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:47 AM »

Welcome. Saber looks really good!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Jaraxus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 04:52:50 PM »

Actually Samhain, after years of D2 with my name on a Barbarian, then my Tauren Warrior with this name from the start of vanilla, I was a bit perturbed when they came out with Lord Jaraxxus and everyone started taking my name everywhere. So now it's my forum name and my Sith name dies on the lips of those that hear it. This way I don't have to worry about another name being stolen by those that didn't earn it! (Kylo tirade against an unsuspecting control panel) But that's all in the past now! I'm not bitter!

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 05:00:37 PM »

Different one then 😆. D2 was the reason I slept through classes in high school lmao, so you sound like good company.

waltmickey
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 11:25:50 PM »

Very nice! I love the colors, gives it some real personality. I ordered a Graflex and 3 days later before I even got the saber I ordered a Chosen One. So yeah, bug...

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 11:50:27 PM »

Oooooh, another Customizing Tinker LARPer gamer like me!  I like your work, and that hilt is gorgeous.  Hope to see more customs from you in the future!

I'm chomping at the bit to get my first one in my hands so I can start customizing it myself.  Grin

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: