Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Set of the Sabers of Skyguy and Snips  (Read 3153 times)
ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« on: February 01, 2018, 06:23:44 AM »

First off, Fair Warning: Picspam and Long-Windedness Ahead!

During the recent Winter Sale/Raffle, I finally took the plunge and placed my first order followed rapidly by my second.  Among the items in those orders were the lightsabers of one Anakin Skywalker and those of his padawan/little sister Ahsoka Tano.  Since I've very much enjoyed seeing them all together, I thought I'd share some images with the forum at large in case anyone else might enjoy the tableau.

The Graflex and Chosen One are Diamond, since I've been wanting good replicas of those particular sabers for literal decades and I decided I might as well go deluxe with them.  The Fulcrum and Lost Gray both have V4 sound and I chose Sunrider's Destiny as the color since it's a green hue (appropriate for Ahsoka) and I just really prefer that color over Consular Green.  I gotta say, the four look really cool all lined up together.

Focusing on Ahsoka's sabers, I really like the design of both.  Whichever person working on the Clone Wars series originally designed these, I very much like their work which seems to draw on the Graflex for inspiration but with the unique twist of mirroring one side to create the neat split hilt effect.  Very cool designs and UltraSabers has produced very nice interpretations of both.  I must echo what many others have stated: the Fulcrum is huge!  I was expecting it to be big, but I was still stunned by its sheer massiveness in person.  The Lost Gray is a little bigger than I expected as well, but it seems downright petite next to the Fulcrum.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the size is a bad thing, it's just a stunner when you first experience it.  Now I simply find it striking.

As for the original lightsabers, I can't really add anything to what's been stated by so many others.  I'll just say that I am extremely happy with the quality of these sabers and I'm enjoying them immensely.  My inner 8 year old nerd self is over the moon to finally have high quality replicas of these two lightsabers to play with after so many years of wanting them.  Speaking as my supposed adult self, the Diamond controller is amazing and I'm really glad I sprung for it on these sabers.  I've barely scratched the surface beginning to tinker with them and I can already tell I'm going to have endless fun with this.  It makes me wish I could afford/justify getting everything in Diamond, but my wish list is too long to do so.

If anyone's still reading after all that rambling, I'll wrap this up by breaking your brains a little.  Since my examples of Anakin's sabers are both Diamond, they can of course be set to any color, and one of the things I find most amusing is setting them to the "wrong" colors as shown below.

I don't know about you folks, but I think those images are just weird.  If you can look past the wrongness, though, I think the Graflex actually looks pretty good with a red blade.  The Chosen One in Arctic Blue on the other hand looks decent, but it just doesn't feel quite right.  Smiley

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these pictures.  Thanks for looking!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 07:25:46 AM »

Excellent review Ktulu! My Brother got the Fulcrum in Emerald out of a mystery box (lucky dog)! It is a downright beast for sure! Eventually, I always assumed that I would get a Graflex or Chosen One (or both) but I assumed I would just get them with lite or premium sound because it's hard to imagine them in different colors but I like what you did there. It looks great even if it's just to mess with people!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:50 AM »

Nice hilts from two of my favorite character from the SW universe. Honestly, I actually kind of really like the look of the Red Graflex and Blue Chosen One. It is a little bit weird to see, but it looks awesome. Especially that Red Graflex.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »

Great review and pictures, very well done! And I kinda like the Graflex in red Smiley

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 10:01:57 AM »

Hi.  Very nice informative reviews.  I don't own any of these sabers but my first choice would be the Chosen One in any saber color but CG.  However fiery BR does seem to belong to that saber.  Looks super on the Graflex, but blues give it that icy lightside glow.  Purple is my most favorite blade color.  Thanks for sharing.  Smiley

point  Cool

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »

Ktulu...that is an incredible collection that you have!  Wonderful pics and your reviews of each hearken back to my own childhood zeal with lightsabers  Wink

I remember when Ahsoka was introduced in the Clone Wars movie.  Didn't care much for her at that time but then the series came out and her character trajectory really rounded her out.  Point of fact, I like how she complimented/was a foil to Anakin.  So I became invested in the character and was pleasantly surprised to see her in Rebels.  And seeing the Fulcrum and Lost Gray together evinces me of those memories  Wink

Again: wonderful review for an amazing collection!  Thank you for sharing  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »

Wonderful pictures and informative reviews. I appreciate you going into your thought process. Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »

Beautiful collection!

I agree that the Graflex does look good in red and the Chosen One only looks good in red.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »

Nice sabers. A very informative review thanks for sharing.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 07:54:48 PM »

Ktulu...that is an incredible collection that you have!  Wonderful pics and your reviews of each hearken back to my own childhood zeal with lightsabers  Wink

I remember when Ahsoka was introduced in the Clone Wars movie.  Didn't care much for her at that time but then the series came out and her character trajectory really rounded her out.  Point of fact, I like how she complimented/was a foil to Anakin.  So I became invested in the character and was pleasantly surprised to see her in Rebels.  And seeing the Fulcrum and Lost Gray together evinces me of those memories  Wink

Again: wonderful review for an amazing collection!  Thank you for sharing  Smiley

I'm pretty sure just about no one like Ahsoka until she had grown up a little (season 3)

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 03:42:57 AM »

Great set of canon sabers you got there!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 04:17:02 AM »

An excellent group of sabers there

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 12:26:12 AM »

Thanks to all for the responses and kind words!  After surviving the loooong shipping wait caused by the sale/movie/raffle surge, I'm glad I could share a bit of my happiness with those who would appreciate it.  Also, I'm glad to find I'm not the only one who thinks the Chosen One with a blue blade and especially the Graflex with a red blade look oddly cool.  Thanks again for looking and commenting!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 10:25:09 PM »

Definitely nice for sure. If it were me though I would've gone Diamond for the Lost Gray to have a lime green blade color to match it even further Tongue I like the idea of an evil red blade version on a Graflex saber though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth_Eclipse
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 03:41:57 AM »

Lots of pictures are always nice, nice collection

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: