Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A nod towards a galaxy far, far away  (Read 1045 times)
FathomFlier
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« on: February 01, 2018, 04:44:48 PM »

So, I write novels. I currently have two published, and thought you guys might appreciate a snippet from the first one that may or may not have been influenced by my love of Star Wars:

"Clearly not needing an invitation to follow, Marty, Kate and Oaf took off after him, the sound of chasing, chuckling sideshow freaks behind them. After a few gallopping steps however, the corridor came to a debris strewn dead end. Scanning the walls feverishly, Marty spied a grubby looking hole which looked like it could, at some point, have been a laundry chute. With the sound of whooping and screeching maniacs mere moments behind them, it was the only available choice.

Hoisting Whipstaff up to the hole, Marty barked out an order to his fleeing cohorts. "Quickly, down the laundry chute!"

"I'm not jumping in that!" Whipstaff protested. He struggled as Marty stuffed him, head first into the aperture. "It smells horrible down there."

"Look, just get in. I don't care if it smells funny."

As they dove into the opening, Marty realised that he had seen this in a movie at some point, and as he recalled it had not ended well. With no other option at hand though, he took a deep breath and launched himself, screaming into the blackness of the chute."

From The Forty First Wink. Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »

LOL  Nice nod to the "rescue" of Princess Leia from the Death Star.  :-)  Welcome!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

FathomFlier
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 09:43:09 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: