Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Display Ideas and Tutorials - combined thread updated  (Read 60668 times)
Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »

Very nice, well finished work, ProDadoune.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »

Very nice Pro. I think it would look better if you also painted the wooden rods. But you did a great job.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 12:09:07 AM »

Thanks, I had no idea where to start looking.

Hey, I couldn't find it either...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 12:15:00 AM »

That stand, and those sabers... -drools-

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

ProDadoune
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 56

May the Force be with you!

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 08:51:24 PM »

Thank you all for the nice comments on my stand. I wish you a good evening. MTFBWY 😀

OWNED: Graflex CE (Diamond), Dark initiate LE V4 amber (stunt), Chosen One SE blazing red (Obsidian v4 sound)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »

Croft, Point to you for your stand. From a wood worker that looks great!  Shocked Nice work good Sir!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Croft
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Saber: Lost Cray (was the Lost Gray)

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »

Thank you MavRik, it was fun to build and plan it out.
Now to figure one for the misses when we get hers.

Croft  Grin

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:36 AM »

So I picked up a few Scrabble tile holders to try out this super basic way of displaying it and this was the result:

I painted it metallic gold. Doesn't look quite like much I admit, but it has a strange simplicity to it that I find very satisfying. I plan on making a small structure that looks like a small set of steps similar to what ProDadoune constructed with his fantastic saber rack but with each of these holders resting on each step for multiple sabers. On a side note, it occurred to me after examining the shape of the holders that they look very much like wood trim that you can get at a home improvement store. Bought by the foot it would definitely be cheaper than buying Scrabble tile holders at a buck a piece.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 05:19:56 PM »

Saso... keep the good ideas coming.  I watched that YT video as well and in a pinch this is an easy way to make a stable display.  Where did you find the single Scrabble tile holders ?  Smiley

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »

Saso... keep the good ideas coming.  I watched that YT video as well and in a pinch this is an easy way to make a stable display.  Where did you find the single Scrabble tile holders ?  Smiley

I got them right from Ebay, they tend to hover around $5 for four of them but with a bit of searching I got a four pack for $3.98. I'm going to look into the wood trim today at my local home improvement store and that might prove to be immensely cheaper for essentially the same effect.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »

Pool cue racks can also be used for a saber rack with minimal modifications if any one wants to go that route.
 That is where I got my idea for the racks I built for me and my son came from.
 Man, I need to get my pics on another image site so I can post them again since photo bucket went and fudged the bucket!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Croft
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

Saber: Lost Cray (was the Lost Gray)

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

Try IMGUR, takes getting used to but it works for me.

Here's a tube I made for caring my blade if I go to comic con.
Made from PVC secondary handrail, sewed a felt sock, put inside to protect the blade, and on the dust cover I screwed a wing nut to grab it by.

Croft  Grin

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 03:58:31 AM »

So after my trip to find similar wood trim that would be close to the Scrabble tile holders I was able to find some, it was about $6.50 for eight feet so definitely cheaper than buying the "official" tile holders. The wood trim is slightly smaller and doesn't have a little bit of style but displays the Saber quite nicely.

Scrabble tile holders in gold and black, wood trim holder I made in the center. I super glue them together so that they don't separate.

Looks just fine with my Apprentice.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 04:26:09 AM »

Very nice!  And at that price, if you want to cut a third piece, to put "face" side out on the front, it's still not a bad price.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 04:34:11 AM »

Very nice!  And at that price, if you want to cut a third piece, to put "face" side out on the front, it's still not a bad price.

I didn't think of that, great idea, -1 point for you  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: