Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Display Ideas and Tutorials - combined thread updated  (Read 61629 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 02:39:12 AM »

This saber display stand is just in the beginning stage of completion and will be a limited edition run so to speak lol.  So mum's the word for now until I get things sorted out.  Grin

My favorite MHS modified saber looks quite fine on it... at least in my opinion.  Wink

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 02:44:23 AM »

That's actually a pretty cool stand concept - I could see some fun making it look like a holocron or filling it with quartz crystals.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:20 AM »

More like a rotating mirrored disco ball lol.  Wink

But the possibilities are endless and I'm going to have fun experimenting with a few boxes.  The saber holder pieces right now are borrowed from the US ones.  The mirrored bases likely can used for stabilizing something within the box.  Smiley

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 05:33:56 AM »

Scratch that, if we're going Disco ball route just turn it into a full Disney light show.
I look forward to seeing any of these experiments lol.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »

Very awesome D7! Smiley

That MHS saber does indeed look slick!  Shock; Archon; a coupler...what pommel is that?

Disco ball huh? Full Disney light show eh? 

Please steer clear of SW xmas Special territory though.  That wouldn't likely go over that well. Wink Tongue

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »

This saber display stand is just in the beginning stage of completion and will be a limited edition run so to speak lol.  So mum's the word for now until I get things sorted out.  Grin

My favorite MHS modified saber looks quite fine on it... at least in my opinion.  Wink

Oye- sure is a slick setup.  I love those LED strands! I used a similar idea with a lantern box and the engagement stone i gave my fiancé! Not to mention the resourcefully and intelligently combined hilt!🤙🏻 point f’sho when i get to my computer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »

Point to you D7, that looks pretty cool!!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

nlaubach1520
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »

Has anyone found an effective product or method to display a light saber on a wall?  I saw some products on various websites, but wasn't sure if anyone here had any experiences trying to do this or had any recommendations. 

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »

Hey there nlaubach1520,

I'm moving this post over to the "stand/mount" thread.  I encourage you to check these ides out. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »

Has anyone found an effective product or method to display a light saber on a wall?  I saw some products on various websites, but wasn't sure if anyone here had any experiences trying to do this or had any recommendations. 
I freely admit that I'm using a tool rack from Home Depot to display mine

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 03:02:33 AM »

Just thought I'd share a little weekend project; a saber display plaque.  Two of the sabers on it are Ultrasabers, the others are from a couple other vendors.   The rebel logos are custom 3D printed, and the plaque itself is aluminum over copper with an MDF backing. 

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 08:04:01 AM »

That's really nice. Need a picture with the blades in them, and one with them on of course.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 08:18:09 AM »

I have bought some single mounts off of Etsy for not to bad a price.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 08:31:58 AM »

Hi nlaubach1520,

If you can't find dedicated saber mounts a good alternative are Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle Clips you can find from most outdoor pursuits/camping stores or Ebay etc. Do an Internet search for "Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle Clips" and they should come up. They are made of rubber so won't scratch your valuable sabers and they usually fit US hilts quite nicely (they also have a little stretch to them)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

Just thought I'd share a little weekend project; a saber display plaque.  Two of the sabers on it are Ultrasabers, the others are from a couple other vendors.   The rebel logos are custom 3D printed, and the plaque itself is aluminum over copper with an MDF backing.  

Beautiful display Kage!  I really love what you did with that project!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:58:18 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: