Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Display Ideas and Tutorials - combined thread updated  (Read 60684 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »

Hi Kagetsume.  These are all really nice sabers and a helpful display plaque... however you are pushing the US forum rules and etiquette by openly displaying other guys sabers.  Friendly reminder to everyone.  Smiley  Please only show your US sabers if you want to share more pics of ignited or lit up saber blades.  Thanks.

Your topic has been merged into the saber display thread.  Smiley

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »

Hi Kagetsume.  These are all really nice sabers and a helpful display plaque... however you are pushing the US forum rules and etiquette by openly displaying other guys sabers.  Friendly reminder to everyone.  Smiley  Please only show your US sabers if you want to share more pics of ignited or lit up saber blades.  Thanks.

Your topic has been merged into the saber display thread.  Smiley

Okay, wow.   I needed to fill the plaque out, and I only have a few Ultrasabers with the covertec mount that would fit the plaque (They are incidentally, both Diamond based sabers).  Just having two on the plaque looked crummy so I filled it with a couple other covertec fitted ones.  There was no goal to push/sell/advertise/ someone else.  I deliberately left the names of the companies involved out (as well as making sure Ultrasabers were front and center), and focused on the plaque itself and what it was made of.   By the logic given, I should have gotten yelled at too when I showed my twenty year old completely custom saber built with plumbing (thus making me an 'other guy'), yet no one called foul at me then.

This is not motivating to share any further with the community if I'm going to get slapped on the off chance part of a saber from somewhere else ends up in a picture somewhere, when the picture itself was neither focused on, nor trying to say anything about them, other than 'I was balancing space'.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »

Okay, wow.   I needed to fill the plaque out, and I only have a few Ultrasabers with the covertec mount that would fit the plaque (They are incidentally, both Diamond based sabers).  Just having two on the plaque looked crummy so I filled it with a couple other covertec fitted ones.  There was no goal to push/sell/advertise/ someone else.  I deliberately left the names of the companies involved out (as well as making sure Ultrasabers were front and center), and focused on the plaque itself and what it was made of.   By the logic given, I should have gotten yelled at too when I showed my twenty year old completely custom saber built with plumbing (thus making me an 'other guy'), yet no one called foul at me then.

This is not motivating to share any further with the community if I'm going to get slapped on the off chance part of a saber from somewhere else ends up in a picture somewhere, when the picture itself was neither focused on, nor trying to say anything about them, other than 'I was balancing space'.
D7 was in no way castigating you, rather she was giving you a gentle and friendly reminder of the forum rules.  As far as your custom saber, those are not included as an alternate vendor's as it is 1) a fan-made fabrication and 2) you are not posting pictures with the intent of selling. 

And while context can be difficult to infer with in an online forum, D7 very deliberately included the emojis to (hopefully) take out any sting that words alone may convey.  Sorry that the impression you felt was negative but I assure you from longtime experience that D7 is a polite, congenial, and pleasant young lady whose contributions to our forum are both appreciated and done with the best of intentions.

I hope that this helps.

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2018, 07:24:27 AM »

Not trying to pick sides here but by the letter of the law Kagetsume did nothing wrong. The rule.

"Rule #3 - No mentions of competitors
As mentioned above, this is a forum run and owned by Ultra Sabers; it is our home.  Please respect our home by not mentioning by name other lightsaber companies out there. If you need to mention them or their products in a thread, simply write "the other guys". Everyone will know who you are referring to."

The rule simply states to do not mention other companies, and to use other guys if need be. Nothing about pictures, now I understand if it would have been a picture of just those sabers but it wasn't. And by stating 'other guys" sabers are in the picture it will keep other people from thinking maybe it is a US and asking questions about it.

Now a rule that I see broken and never corrected is the very next rule.

"Rule #4 - ALWAYS be polite, respectful and courteous
This is not a G rated site, you have to be at least 13 to join. Yes, just like the last Star Wars movie, this site is PG-13. As such, we give a little lee-way to colorful language, but I expect members to be adult enough to use colorful language where appropriate just as you would in real life situations.  Post the same way you would talk to a room full of strangers in real life.  If you swear like a sailor to strangers, then don't even bother posting here, you will not be welcome.
Some words are filtered out automatically on the forum for a reason, so trying to get around the filter is essentially trying to bypass the rules of the forum - don't do it."

Which mentions trying to get around a word filter is clearly breaking the rules. I see this often and I have even done it a few times. But it is never corrected.

But I get were D7 is coming from and were Kagetsume is coming from.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2018, 07:45:56 AM »

Okay, wow.   I needed to fill the plaque out, and I only have a few Ultrasabers with the covertec mount that would fit the plaque (They are incidentally, both Diamond based sabers).  Just having two on the plaque looked crummy so I filled it with a couple other covertec fitted ones.  There was no goal to push/sell/advertise/ someone else.  I deliberately left the names of the companies involved out (as well as making sure Ultrasabers were front and center), and focused on the plaque itself and what it was made of.   By the logic given, I should have gotten yelled at too when I showed my twenty year old completely custom saber built with plumbing (thus making me an 'other guy'), yet no one called foul at me then.

Thanks Dutch.  Cheesy

tx_tuff... I was writing a response while you were posting.  I am puzzled regarding why you are getting involved with a Moderator's decision as we are much more aware than the general membership regarding the wishes of the US owners for this Forum and the intentions of the Rules that they created.  Everyone please keep the primary focus upon saber display ideas and sharing your creations within this thread.  Thanks and PM me if you would like to discuss further.  Smiley

Kagetsume... Let's not make this personal and I do understand where you are coming from and your honorable intention.  That being said, I am a Moderator on the Ultrasabers Forum and therefore have expected obligations and standards to uphold.  Many members have sabers from other sabersmiths but they are at best observed within the background of a pic and the entire saber(s) are not positioned centre stage.  This is as per the Rules which we have all read and acknowledged.  We essentially are guests on this privately paid for US Forum and that is their directives.

Your photo could have been deleted by anyone on the Moderator team and even by the owners of US... but still stands for all to enjoy.  There are other saber forums that you can also join that allow the public sharing of all your sabers.  Send me a PM if you want to know how to connect to some of them.  Smiley

trotski1977
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -23

I find your lack of faith disturbing

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »

This makes me happy  Grin Grin

" border="0

High res...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kxgvq0NFLeTQpo6oaUnvtDtxtw6GEm6q

" border="0
Archon v3.1 - Diamond, Chosen One SE - Obsidian Lite BR FOC, Dark Initiate LE v4 - Stunt VA (x2)
---DarkSide Points Please---

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »

Fabulous display of colors ... your saber collection will continue to grow no doubt in 2018.  Pt for sharing!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

trotski1977
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -23

I find your lack of faith disturbing

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »

Fabulous display of colors ... your saber collection will continue to grow no doubt in 2018.  Pt for sharing!

K

Cheers 😁😁
Think a Renegade LE or Flamberge V2 will be a nice edition.

" border="0
Archon v3.1 - Diamond, Chosen One SE - Obsidian Lite BR FOC, Dark Initiate LE v4 - Stunt VA (x2)
---DarkSide Points Please---

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:37 PM »

Great looking display!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2018, 10:08:29 PM »

Not only a beautiful display but wonderful sabers, individually!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »

Very nice!  I love the Initite V4 LE staff in VA!  That's a great addition to any collection!  The others are very nice as well, and the overall effect is stunning!

I soooooo need a man-cave to put my hilts back up on the wall....

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:02 PM »

Nice setup! That makes me happy too. Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »

Add some wraps to that staff, and you have mine.
Nice sabers there

Dyllan-Ame
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 145

Get your head out of your cockpit

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2018, 03:17:26 AM »

That looks really great!

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »

Cool sabers. I'm loving the display. Gives me several ideas for possible displays.  Thanks

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: