Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Display Ideas and Tutorials - combined thread updated  (Read 60662 times)
Dwolf96
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -26

« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2019, 07:23:39 PM »

Thanks Infinit01, I believe the limit for these are 5 lbs each. I was a little worried when I first started using them so I would hang the saber and come back and check it every fifteen minutes or so for the first few hours. I have never had a saber fall though and it grips the blade tightly so I’m very pleased with them.

crazy4softball14
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »

My saber stand has finally arrived, and I am so thrilled!
It is a 4 tier acrylic stand from Ebay that had the option to customize the image and text on the bottom of the stand. We just put up the shelves, right next to the 5 panel Star Wars canvas. Now, all that is left is to get the LED lights that will go behind the sabers to provide a little extra light (these will have a remote control cuz I am short).

A little light, and a little dark

fricky
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2019, 01:49:52 AM »

Thought I would share my display solution.  This is part of the Elfa Utility product line that is sold at the Container Store.  I think I bought 24" sections of the track railing and then you can snap in different attachments like the hooks or small tool holders.  I got the platinum color and looks good next to the hilts.   Very expandable too.  (It's basically the same concept as the 3M broom handle solution, but a lot sturdier since you can mount it into the studs.)  I can't remember what I paid for all the pieces but I think it was less than $50.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2019, 03:56:53 AM »

Definitely works

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2019, 03:21:42 AM »

So in order to stop the spread of my sabers I'm the bedroom, my girl has graciously allowed me to put sabers in the living room. I like this as it fits perfectly under our TV and gives the stair step effect. I've chosen some of my best US to take this spot.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Taratx
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »

My husband and I came up with this. We needed something our 4 yr old wouldn't pull off the wall trying to get his saber free, but that was secure enough his bumping into thing wouldn't dislodge the sabers.

This is his

This is ours. It's still a work in progress. I'm going to add a layer of foam with some felt on top to cushion and protect the pomels and the woods paint job.

Sabers
$75 Mystery Boxes                                  Custom order
*Aeon v4 w/ covertec wheel                     *Spectre DVA Light sound Raffle win
*Fulcrum Emerald Driver                                
*Dark Initiate V4 CG [w] Av(son's)           4th Place Raffle Prize
*Archon v2.1 Emeral Driver                     * Aeon V4 [w] AV CG

Gifted: 5 $75 MBs Sentinel LE v4 [w] PO, Apprentice LE v3 [w] AV GB, DSIBS v3 no lines GB, DSIBS v3 lines AV BR, Dominix LE v3 AV SRD

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »

^^^^ simple but effective^^^^ Good job.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

ScificommodoreJones
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »

my idea, more for when you travel, for the motel/hotel room use two scrabble tile holder , flip them upside down so a V forms perfect to hold your sabers hilt while displaying it and the tile holder don't take any space in your luggage  I have kids and grandkids so having two or three scrabble games in the house is
 easy

Sabers owned for my granddaughter is The Dark Sentinel   LE V4 Fire orange stunt saber, while I got the Dark Apprentice v5 with light sound and tri Fire orange, the fallen V4, artic blue foc
Wife got Dominix Le V2 blazing red ,Guardian  tri  Adegan Silver
Dark Arbiter FO FOC silver V4 sound

Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »

have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8m7LHJEIg

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2019, 01:54:41 PM »

I am coming to your house to admire this.....and by admire I mean steal.

Where did you get these?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Mangoat
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »

So I have an idea...

I have a Dark Apprentice LE V5 saber, though my idea isn't saber specific. My saber has the belt clip option. I was thinking of maybe buying a 2nd belt clip, but removing the clip. Cutting it off and smoothing out the cut edge, of course. Then, with the now flat back, use some 3M tape on the back of it. I've used this 3M tape to hang many picture frames, without worry. They've been up for years. Does anyone know if it would be enough to hold a lightsaber though?

That's just 1 end though. I'm thinking of wall mounting my saber horizontally, under or above some pictures. The hilt end of the saber, if the above mentioned works, will be secured with the modified hilt 3M taped to the wall. For the saber end, I was wondering if other 3M products might work. They make various kinds of hooks. I've seen pictures of some holding backpacks and other items. My concern would be if the hook is large enough to allow the saber to rest in the hook. They make several kinds of hooks though and I'm unsure if any give the space dimensions for being within the hook... I hope I worded that right.

Honestly not expecting anyone to know the answer to this, but it was an idea I had while here at work, on my break.

Sabers:
• Dark Apprentice LE V5 - violet

LSUJedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

Strive for the light. Accept the dark.

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2019, 04:13:03 PM »

Many thanks to my wife for allowing this in our home. I still want to add some more intricate stuff like old action figures some of you guys have done, but this makes for a nicely lit hallway...

Alekso Lor'ens <------ X ------> Darth Emrys

Dem Sabers:
DIY Archon v3.1 - Consular Green
Bellicose - Guardian Blue
Initiate v3 LE - Violet Amethyst
Double-bladed Apprentice v5 LE - Fire Orange
Dark Initiate - Consular Green
Dark Initiate - Blazing Red

Mangoat
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2019, 06:41:33 AM »

Just to show you how they are mounted.
It was the music or my Vader impression....  Grin Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxS6sX1wCsw

This is exactly what I want to do with mine! What are you using to support the blade though? I'm wanting to display mine horizontally, rather than at an angle. Currently have 1 saber, but plan to pick up a 2nd and display 1 above and 1 below some pictures I have up.

Sabers:
• Dark Apprentice LE V5 - violet

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2019, 02:46:20 AM »

Here are mine.  I display them on wood panels painted in a color that I feel represents the character the saber is based on or the "mood" of the saber:

Archon 3.1 (Rust-oleum Universal Forged Hammered Burnished Amber – Based on Luke’s RotJ Cloak)

Guardian (Rust-oleum Universal Hammered Copper – Based on younger Obi-Wan’s cloak and red hair)

Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Rust-oleum Universal Forged Hammered Antique Silver – Sith-ish mood)

Consular (Rust-oleum Universal Hammered Brown – Based on Qui Gon's cloak and hair)

Frankensaber (Carbon fiber auto detailing tape with red trim – Major sith mood)

Captain America Themed Saber (Menace SE hilt) (Hand painted red, white, and blue inspired by WWII US military aircraft insignia)

I still have a Dominix V3 to do, and three of my wife's to do.  Plus, my wife has her own displays similar to mine for her Fulcrum/Lost Grey and Graflex.  Plus, I have three more sabers one the way to do.  I'll post all of those eventually.  But, I'm starting to run out of wall space in our offices.  May need to stop buying sabers...or get a bigger house.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2019, 01:12:41 AM »

I just finished this one for my wife's new Spectre.  I think it is my best one yet.  Matte Spanish Moss spray paint, some vinyl cutouts...  Simple, yet effective. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: