Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY: OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 8289 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:02 PM »

Don't post anything blatant and tag it with a spoiler warning so people can skip it if they want.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 05:18:25 PM »

So what's the policy about posting stuff that has been leaked or might be spoiler-ey? Ok or avoid?

-GT
Posting spoilers before a movie has been released is bad form and highly frowned upon. So if you're looking to have a bunch of people instantly hate, by all means, proceed. ~¿~

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 64

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Posting spoilers before a movie has been released is bad form and highly frowned upon. So if you're looking to have a bunch of people instantly hate, by all means, proceed. ~¿~

Here's the thing - what I was going to refer to is info that's been out for a month now and pretty widely distributed, but relevant to the convo about the Falcon - but not everyone here may have seen it. I asked first because I was trying to be respectful and considerate because I know spoilers suck.  However, I think it's info that's easily deduced from the trailer as well.  But again, I asked because I'm trying to be -overly cautious- regarding posting anything that may be floating out there since this is the upcoming movie. 

Anyways, I'm gonna shut up now.  Just know that my intention was being respectful and avoiding spoiling anything, however minor, hence the ask. 

-GT

Owned:  Standard Issue V3 FO  |  Dominix V2 AS  |  Dark Initiate V4 SY

Gray, but more light than dark. (Light Side Points Please)

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »

You don't need to shut up GrayTinker.

I applaud you for being cautious and asking instead of just throwing something up.

Something a month old that's pertinent to the SW universe has most likely been seen by everyone here, but you never know.

You'll just have to get used to Darth Logos' gruff, blunt nature at times. Tongue

All good. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 05:41:30 PM »

Here's the thing - what I was going to refer to is info that's been out for a month now and pretty widely distributed, but relevant to the convo about the Falcon - but not everyone here may have seen it. I asked first because I was trying to be respectful and considerate because I know spoilers suck.  However, I think it's info that's easily deduced from the trailer as well.  But again, I asked because I'm trying to be -overly cautious- regarding posting anything that may be floating out there since this is the upcoming movie.  

Anyways, I'm gonna shut up now.  Just know that my intention was being respectful and avoiding spoiling anything, however minor, hence the ask.  

-GT
I feel you. Nerds like to know that they know things that others don't, but at the same time they like to disseminate information. My personal preference is to speculate, and then discover during the first viewing. If you wish to proceed, you can post that you're open to offer/discuss these "spoilers" through PMs. That way those that are curious can find out, and the info doesn't have to be posted to the forum at large.

Or you can start a thread that announces in the title that the thread contains spoilers. You've probably seen past movie discussion threads that announced in CAPS that the discussion contains spoilers and is recommended only for those who have already seen the movie.

Either way, your respect for others is greatly appreciated. +1

You'll just have to get used to Darth Logos' gruff, blunt nature at times. Tongue
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be aggressive with that previous post.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »

I feel you. Nerds like to know that they know things that others don't, but at the same time they like to disseminate information. My personal preference is to speculate, and then discover during the first viewing. If you wish to proceed, you can post that you're open to offer/discuss these "spoilers" through PMs. That way those that are curious can find out, and the info doesn't have to be posted to the forum at large.

Or you can start a thread that announces in the title that the thread contains spoilers. You've probably seen past movie discussion threads that announced in CAPS that the discussion contains spoilers and is recommended only for those who have already seen the movie.

Either way, your respect for others is greatly appreciated. +1
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be aggressive with that previous post.

No worries, we're all good - and part of my asking was that some forums will have like a [spoiler] tag or something that can hide text, so was just trying to get a general feel for the culture.  I'll gladly discuss in PMs, I suspect it's something most people have probably already seen but not necessarily connected. 

Mostly because we all seem so fascinated with the the ships in the trailer.  I know I definitely am, because I'm a spaceship nerd.  Cheesy

-GT

"There is no light without dark, no up without down, no male without female - however, there will always be those that tread the unknown middle ground between them to make their own way in life and find their own balance." - Me

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »

No worries, we're all good - and part of my asking was that some forums will have like a [spoiler] tag or something that can hide text, so was just trying to get a general feel for the culture.  I'll gladly discuss in PMs, I suspect it's something most people have probably already seen but not necessarily connected. 

Mostly because we all seem so fascinated with the the ships in the trailer.  I know I definitely am, because I'm a spaceship nerd.  Cheesy

-GT
That would be cool. Basically you can post what you want, but the text isn't visible unless you choose to view the spoiler?

I'm pretty much one those types that doesn't pay attention to peripheral hype.

Sig by For Tyeth

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »

Yeah, there's mods that can be done exactly like that, Darth Logos -  maybe I should go put that in the suggestion box thread. 

-GT

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 10:07:18 PM »

Yeah, there's mods that can be done exactly like that, Darth Logos -  maybe I should go put that in the suggestion box thread. 

-GT
Yes you should.

Sig by For Tyeth

SITHSLAYER
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 36

I am one with the Force and the Force is with me

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 11:31:24 PM »

Anyone posting spoilers need to be force choked. Cool

Seriously Lana.  Call Kenny Loggins, 'cause you're in the Dangerzone.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 12:13:34 AM »

And punched in the stomach really hard. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »

And punched in the stomach really hard. Tongue
Anyone posting spoilers need to be force choked. Cool
GT, see what I meant about the insta-hate spoilers generates?

Sig by For Tyeth

GrayTinker
Knight Sergeant

Lady Gray. I fix stuff.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »

GT, see what I meant about the insta-hate spoilers generates?

Oh yeah.  I mean, in the realm of spoilers, I think SW spoilers are probably just about -the- worst.  In some ways, I'm almost sorry I put the concept in people's minds that someone might do it here.
Thank goodness I was only trying to ask to be super careful and haven't actually said or spoiled anything.  I think maybe from here out I might stick to talking about Clone Wars and Rebels (I'm working through a first watch of Clone Wars, mid season-1 so far, and haven't seen Rebels)  Grin

Although the offer's still open if anyone wants to speculate on the Falcon in PM with me.

-GT

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »

Oh yeah.  I mean, in the realm of spoilers, I think SW spoilers are probably just about -the- worst.  In some ways, I'm almost sorry I put the concept in people's minds that someone might do it here.
Thank goodness I was only trying to ask to be super careful and haven't actually said or spoiled anything.  I think maybe from here out I might stick to talking about Clone Wars and Rebels (I'm working through a first watch of Clone Wars, mid season-1 so far, and haven't seen Rebels)  Grin

Although the offer's still open if anyone wants to speculate on the Falcon in PM with me.

-GT
Well considering that I've had some asshole trolling points from me for the last 9 months because they got butt hurt over something I said, I wouldn't be surprised that we will eventually get some donkey turd that cowardly hides behind the internet's anonymity to spoiler our good time. I do appreciate that you asked ahead. IMO I wouldn't bother with SWR. Every time they seem to do something right, they turn around and deliver a kid-show grade steaming pile. But that's me.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »

Well considering that I've had some asshole trolling points from me for the last 9 months because they got butt hurt over something I said, I wouldn't be surprised that we will eventually get some donkey turd that cowardly hides behind the internet's anonymity to spoiler our good time. I do appreciate that you asked ahead. IMO I wouldn't bother with SWR. Every time they seem to do something right, they turn around and deliver a kid-show grade steaming pile. But that's me.

Yes, that is just you. While it is definitely more geared towards younger audiences than TCW was, it is IMO way superior in many ways to TCW.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: