Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix LE v2 - Customizing my first saber  (Read 26837 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 02:22:07 AM »

contact paper samples (free) are en route…more when they arrive…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 01:20:44 AM »

UPDATE: Waiting for contact paper to arrive and purchased one can of satin clear spray paint (thought I'd try that finish out…why not?!?) Still waiting on the pommel from tcss to be completed.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 01:15:07 AM »

contact paper was a bust for several reasons.…on to the next idea  Undecided Not so sure about the satin clearcoat but I'll see what the morning brings on the tested areas from today.

Win some…Lose some Cry

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2018, 01:56:59 AM »

New TCSS pommel arrives this week…fingers crossed it fits my saber Shocked I will weather it and clear coat it. STAY TUNED

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »

Digging the work- love the emitter shroud🤘🏻 just curious- are you weathering for use, or display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »

Digging the work- love the emitter shroud🤘🏻 just curious- are you weathering for use, or display?

First, thanks!

The weathering is mostly for display. However, I'll probably get use out of it too as it's my only saber to date. It's more just to try and make this sber more of my own.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

First, thanks!

The weathering is mostly for display. However, I'll probably get use out of it too as it's my only saber to date. It's more just to try and make this sber more of my own.
Gotcha- all good and understood.  I’m just curious because on my recent first weathering job, i used all sandpaper because i was afraid the regular use would wear off any drybrushing.  Let me know how it holds up!🤙🏻

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2018, 06:32:24 PM »

Gotcha- all good and understood.  I’m just curious because on my recent first weathering job, i used all sandpaper because i was afraid the regular use would wear off any drybrushing.  Let me know how it holds up!🤙🏻
Can always hit the finished saber with a dullcoat to protect your work

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2018, 02:38:10 AM »

Just my opinion, I like the results of the sandpaper more than the drybrushing at this point. It was necessary on the 3D printed shroud as it was plastic. The satin clear ended up ok but I think I would go with a flat clear next time. More shall be revealed...

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »

Update 2: Well, not only was the contact paper a bust.. Embarrassed..now the TCSS pommel that I had powder-coated is a bust as well.. Angry..the thing is just too dadgum big for the hilt as I had feared. That was a waste of $$. SO....anyone want a TCSS pommel, insert and O-Ring?  Undecided

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

Update 2: Well, not only was the contact paper a bust.. Embarrassed..now the TCSS pommel that I had powder-coated is a bust as well.. Angry..the thing is just too dadgum big for the hilt as I had feared. That was a waste of $$. SO....anyone want a TCSS pommel, insert and O-Ring?  Undecided

What pommel did you get?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 02:05:36 AM »

What pommel did you get?

MPS V2 Pommel Style 3. Powder coated in wet black

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »

Hey folks, about to get a delivery of my new Grip shroud!! (thanks Sedsti)

stand by for updates  Grin

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »

Looking good man!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: