Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Dominix LE v2 - Customizing my first saber  (Read 26630 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:21 PM »

New 3-D printed shroud for the grip on my hilt.

Side view
FUN FACT: The shape of the cutout was taken from a piece of packaging in an AXE Bath Scrubber...

Installed shroud - The fit is a bit large, so I am going to have to come up with a way to secure it on the hilt. I am considering using some brown duct tape to simulate a leather wrap underneath.

Overhead view #1

Ovehead view #2

Light 'er up! This is pre-weathering. I intend to give it a bit more 'character'...

Let me know what you think!?

Again: Shout-out to Sedsti for the great work on the grip!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:17 PM »

Hi.  This is going to turn out really good.  Am most interested in viewing the final results.  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »

I like how that is coming out, very nice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »

That's incredible work MRG!

I'd love to see what other mods for sabers you come up with!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 02:06:22 AM »

Thanks folks! This has been fun so far I'm currently trying to figure out how to secure the new part snugly (suggestions)? I may just use some strategic and visually pleasing duct tape (brown for a simulated leather wrap look). Also would like a more interesting pommel but none seem available for the Dominix v2 :-( Also considering a more Vader-esque D-ring assembly on the emitter shroud.

Finally, This needs a name…methinks…? Suggestions?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 03:06:06 AM »

Definitely an interesting look with that shroud.
And I've used a longer scre in the covertec to help hold the shroud in place on the Lance.
Consular uses a similar idea

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »

I dig it🤘🏻😁  my first customization was on my Dominix LE V2 as well- also blazing red.  I’m fond of the sandpaper as well🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2018, 02:12:14 AM »

Definitely an interesting look with that shroud.
And I've used a longer scre in the covertec to help hold the shroud in place on the Lance.
Consular uses a similar idea

The convertec option was something I was considering. However, tthere's ot much room inside the hilt with the battery pack.

can I tap it with a dremmel?

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2018, 07:12:05 AM »

You could just get a covertec wheel and permanently super glue it into position.  May have to lightly prepare both surfaces for a close fit.  No screw would be needed.  Smiley

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »

You could just get a covertec wheel and permanently super glue it into position.  May have to lightly prepare both surfaces for a close fit.  No screw would be needed.  Smiley

The object here is to attach the grip shroud to the saber...otherwise I'm going to quickly become an expert at throwing the saber unintentionally.... Undecided

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 05:57:58 PM »

Sorry... got lost in the conversation lol.  How about using that tacky/rough black grip that you often see on ladder steps or even stairs.  Can't think of the exact name but know that it can be purchased at hardware stores.  Are you wanting to permanently secure the shroud ?

Where did you purchase the set screws that usually go with a covertec ?  I can't find them anywhere in Canada.  Also what are they called and what size/length did you get.  Thanks.  Smiley

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 01:35:49 AM »

Sorry... got lost in the conversation lol.  How about using that tacky/rough black grip that you often see on ladder steps or even stairs.  Can't think of the exact name but know that it can be purchased at hardware stores.  Are you wanting to permanently secure the shroud ?

Where did you purchase the set screws that usually go with a covertec ?  I can't find them anywhere in Canada.  Also what are they called and what size/length did you get.  Thanks.  Smiley

I don't own a convertec (yet) so I'm not sure…anyone else know?

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 03:20:02 AM »

The covertec screws are 8-32 threading x 1/4 long, socket head style.   You can find them in the specialty screws bins of Lowes Home improvement stores if Canada has that chain.   They're also sold on the TCSS site in their misc saber parts/screws section.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 06:38:33 AM »

Thanks for the info on the screws.  We do have Lowes but they don't stock these socket head screws where I live.  Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »

The covertec screws are 8-32 threading x 1/4 long, socket head style.   You can find them in the specialty screws bins of Lowes Home improvement stores if Canada has that chain.   They're also sold on the TCSS site in their misc saber parts/screws section.

Thanks for the info, point for you!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: