Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on clash wiring/ tri cree wiring  (Read 4210 times)
Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -82

I AM THE BALANCE

« on: February 07, 2018, 10:04:42 PM »

What's up saber world. If tried searching the forum for an answer to my question and can't seem to find an answer. I'm ordering a new saber soon and want to get a tri cree set up with quick disconnects. I know the FOC doesn't work with try cree. My question is, will the wiring for flash on clash still be in there and just not connected?. I was just curious if when I order other non tri cree modules if I would then be able to get flash on clash?. Hopefully that makes sense and someone van help me out. Thanks as always

Try not!...do, or do not.. there is no try.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:19:36 PM »

If you don't order FOC it will not be wired for it. Yes you can use a Tri Cree quick disconnect on a saber ordered with FOC quick disconnect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »

So if I wanted to be able to go back and forth between tri cree and FOC I need to order it with FOC and then buy separate a tri cree module?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »

Yes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:03:14 AM »

Ok thanks a lot!

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »

Sorry to necro post. So just to confirm I have a tri cree blue module but it's not in a hilt wired for FOC. There's no way to just rewire the tri cree for FOC? Like at all? Can the obsidian just not support it?

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 12:49:26 AM »

Sorry to necro post. So just to confirm I have a tri cree blue module but it's not in a hilt wired for FOC. There's no way to just rewire the tri cree for FOC? Like at all? Can the obsidian just not support it?

There are a few factors to support FOC:

1. Soundboards are needed to support FOC as they have a positive terminal on the board itself to support FOC.  From Lite to Premium V4 Obsidian soundboards.  FOC does not exist with stunt since US uses soundboards as the driver for FOC which are built into the boards themselves. 
2. Use of a 10W RGB LED needs to be installed as FOC doesn't work with just any Tri-Cree
3. Lastly, not every color can have whatever FOC color you want short of the Emerald and Diamond boards.  You will need to follow the chart below:

If you have no experience or background with this, I recommend getting help from US. Otherwise, any mistake can be a costly one. 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 01:08:30 AM »

I added FoC to an Obsidian setup that didn't have it once. It's not terribly difficult. And, yes, all current Obsidian boards support FoC.

The problem you're going to run into with Tri CREE Guardian blue is that you have 3 blue LEDs. If you take one off of your main and rewire it to the FoC post, you'll get FoC, it's just that it will be hardly visible with 3 blues. You'll get an ever so slight brightness increase on the FoC, but that's about it. The Obsidian setup where I added FoC uses a Tri CREE in green, green, white. The white gives a nice contrasting and noticeable FoC.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 01:12:19 AM »

There are a few factors to support FOC:

1. Soundboards are needed to support FOC as they have a positive terminal on the board itself to support FOC.  From Lite to Premium V4 Obsidian soundboards.  FOC does not exist with stunt since US uses soundboards as the driver for FOC which are built into the boards themselves.  
2. Use of a 10W RGB LED needs to be installed as FOC doesn't work with just any Tri-Cree
3. Lastly, not every color can have whatever FOC color you want short of the Emerald and Diamond boards.  You will need to follow the chart below:

If you have no experience or background with this, I recommend getting help from US. Otherwise, any mistake can be a costly one.  

Everything I'm using would be US parts. I wanted to upgrade a lite board to Obsidian v4. I have no idea if the tri cree US uses is 10W. The Arctic blue tri cree is BBG. Not sure why I couldn't run a green FOC.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 01:15:21 AM »

Oh, it's Arctic blue? Yeah, you're good to go. Wiring the green to FoC will give you a Guardian blue blade with Arctic FoC. Quite striking.

That same saber where I added FoC used to have a Sentinel Yellow LED in it. I wired the green to my main and the red to my FoC, that gave me a nice SY FoC. Smiley

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 01:16:09 AM »

I added FoC to an Obsidian setup that didn't have it once. It's not terribly difficult. And, yes, all current Obsidian boards support FoC.

The problem you're going to run into with Tri CREE Guardian blue is that you have 3 blue LEDs. If you take one off of your main and rewire it to the FoC post, you'll get FoC, it's just that it will be hardly visible with 3 blues. You'll get an ever so slight brightness increase on the FoC, but that's about it. The Obsidian setup where I added FoC uses a Tri CREE in green, green, white. The white gives a nice contrasting and noticeable FoC.

Ah ok. So it's doable. I actually have arctic blue so it's BBG. I think I could do it in a way that does a green flash. Is it possible to make a blue illuminated AV switch on top of that or is that too ambitious? Lol

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 01:19:34 AM »

Yeah, check my last post. You're good to go. Though, Obsidian adds the flash to the blade color, so it will be Arctic. It should look great, though. You can see that as an option on the FoC chart.

When you pull the tape off the Obsidian, you'll see the connectors on the bottom of the board. It will be covered in hot glue. Roll Eyes Under the glue, you'll see the black connectors with wires and there should either be a bare connector or a wire that goes nowhere. That's the FoC post. Just run the negative back to the post or wire and you'll have FoC.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 01:23:28 AM »

Yeah, check my last post. You're good to go. Though, Obsidian adds the flash to the blade color, so it will be Arctic. It should look great, though. You can see that as an option on the FoC chart.

When you pull the tape off the Obsidian, you'll see the connectors on the bottom of the board. It will be covered in hot glue. Roll Eyes Under the glue, you'll see the black connectors with wires and there should either be a bare connector or a wire that goes nowhere. That's the FoC post. Just run the negative back to the post or wire and you'll have FoC.

Yeah sorry I'm posting I guess when you are lol. Thank you. I really appreciate this info. What about making a blue illuminated av switch? Is there a wire for that too?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 01:29:31 AM »

Everything I'm using would be US parts. I wanted to upgrade a lite board to Obsidian v4 and an Emerald board. I have no idea if the tri cree US uses is 10W. The Arctic blue tri cree is BBG. Not sure why I couldn't run a green FOC.

You can do a green FOC, just RGB are typically used for it's vast options. From what you were saying, I thought you had a single color Tri-Cree

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 01:35:02 AM »

You can do a green FOC, just RGB are typically used for it's vast options. From what you were saying, I thought you had a single color Tri-Cree

Yeah sorry I didn't explain that well at all. I guess I was trying to see if it was an actual technical impossibility due to board limitations or if it was just something that wasn't done for some other reason. Didn't even think it was because most likely they have 3 exact color diodes so there's nothing to contrast. Complete blank out moment. Been a long day and I've been doing all this research to mod some of my stuff. Everything is kind of blurring lol

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: