Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ok, I'm not good at making costumes  (Read 2533 times)
DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

It may not be red but it can still kill jedi

« on: February 08, 2018, 11:06:38 PM »

good evening, scum, I need tips on how to make Mandalorian armor... any pointers?

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:23:04 AM »

Head over to YouTube and do a search.
You will find a LOT of info out there. It's where I found out most of what I needed for my own stuff

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »

I'm in the planning stages of making Mandalorian armor (from Darth Maul's brief reign of power during the Clone Wars) and one of the main factors that will decide how difficult and how expensive it will be is the construction. Vacuum formed plastic is a prime choice for making it but it's pretty hardcore if you are just getting into costuming. I found that was too far out of my league personally so I decided to go with the much easier EVA foam route. As Therion said, Youtube is a treasure trove of information and tutorials. Very important if this is your first foray into costuming is not to get discouraged and start believing that it is too far beyond your abilities. The two Mandalore pistols below were my 2nd and 3rd attempts of making weapons out of EVA foam with just tinkering around with it and watching lots of videos on how to shape, dremel, and work the foam into ways that I wanted.

Also check out the Mandalorian Mercs, it is pretty genius (and very helpful if you are getting into it) that one small segment of Star Wars costuming has an entire legion of members dedicated to it.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

It may not be red but it can still kill jedi

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 08:19:41 PM »

Ok, thanks for your advice, no jedi dog will be able to attack me to great effect.

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

carrum wren
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »

Well, I Have some Old republic inspired costumes I have put together, I find that if you go on eBay and buy motocross or motorcycle armor that makes a good start for the upper body, it's easy to repaint and has that right sort of look. as for the helmet. you can either get it 3d printed or you can download a program called Papakura its free, and look up Mandalorian pdo files. Just remember that costuming is about the fun of making it. its okay to make mistakes this is how you learn and get better. failure is our greatest teacher best star wars line ever from a teachers perspective.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »

Aluminum sheet can be cut with strong scissors.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Ghosty21
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »

building a mando costume best place to go would be the mandalorian mercs forums so many helpfull people there Smiley

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

Sabers owned: Aeon le v4 blazing red. Scorpian Blazing red.
instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darthstylesylordlangtreecos/

you even consider that light side button and i will remove your hand

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »

I have to agree on the suggestion of going over to the Mandalorian Mercs and asking for pointers in their forums, maybe there even is an officail Member in your area that could give you tips/advice/help in person.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: