Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars - The Power of Costume Exhibit  (Read 9080 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 09:54:31 PM »

Cool pics man, point to you for sharing !!  Shocked MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 11:29:53 PM »

Beautiful!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:28 PM »

Another great batch of pictures. Kinda a little jealous now, but whatever. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Tohmas
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

(DS points please!)

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 09:47:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Saso. These are great!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 03:04:39 AM »

Time to add a few more.

I've been avoiding some of the Padme costumes as she isn't really my favorite character but I can't dispute that they are without doubt some of the most artistic costumes in all of the films, so we'll start there.

Her regal gown is the first costume we see Padme in. The bubble lights at the bottom of the gown were powered by a large battery on wheels that was concealed under the clothing.

Her Coruscant apartment robe from TPM.

At this point I realized rather suddenly that Natalie Portman totally wears a new outfit in every scene. It must have driven the costuming department nuts on a few occasions. This is the dress worn when she first meets a grownup Anakin in AOTC.

And who could forget this one? The perfect dress for addressing the Galactic Senate and sending Chancellor Finis Valorum's reign of power down the garbage chute. This is probably my favorite dress of hers. It is just dripping with details and beautiful costume work.

The "Escape from Naboo" dress, not actually worn by Natalie Portman as far as I know as she was already disguised as a handmaiden at this point.

Lucas thought this was the most important of her dresses as it was worn during the moment when supposed "chemistry" occurred between Padme and Anakin while hiding away on Naboo during AOTC.

Padme's Genosian arena outfit, probably the sexiest of the bunch. It is designed for movement, very important when you are climbing pillars and using a chain to battle a wild Nexus.

We will end Padme with her secret wedding gown from AOTC. The dress is primarily an antique Italian lace bedspread complimented with 300 yards of handmade French-knit braid.

Anakin's Jedi outfit from AOTC with the classic leather tabards and overall darker colors than classic Jedi... Note his relatively simple mechanical hand, it's just a bunch of plastic finger joints and colored wires. Very interesting.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 03:31:37 AM »

Annnndddd some more.

The Imperial display was rather great, with the center costume being my favorite. Crisp lines and overall design that was specifically made to reference dictatorships of old, it never ceases to give the impression of rigid control.

Palpatine's robes from ROTS. They are very detailed and lend a reptilian impression which Ian Mcdiarmid picked right up on.

Impossible to get a shot of this costume without Stormtroopers in the shot but this is perhaps the last time that Sidious would wear colors other than all black. It's very Sith-y, if only the now Galactic Empire had known.

Had to throw one of me in there. I can feel the unlimited power, ok different scene but you get the idea. Sidious' robes from ROTJ. Sleeves don't get much wider than this.

Gotta love that time that Leia tried her hand at being a Bounty Hunter. The thermal detonator in her hand looked rather puny so that might have not been an original, I thought they were just a tad bigger.

Then Leia trades her Bounty Hunter duds for something a lot more revealing. Carrie Fisher said that since it was made of metal it was super uncomfortable to wear.

Sly Moore, the Umbaran administrative aide of Sheev Palpatine wore this one. Umbaran fashion is rather interesting.

Mon Mothma's dress. Very elegant and flowing piece of costume work and looks like it and the woman who wears it belongs in the Galactic Senate, and helping to lead rebellions.

One of my favorite characters, Mas Amedda. He has a decent role in the prequels but a surprisingly good presence in the canon novels.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 02:09:42 PM »

Awesome!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:48 PM »

Wow. These are some great pictures. Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »

Spectacular collection of pics Saso!

At the risk of sounding greedy (and/or obsessed  Wink): more please  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 01:13:11 PM »

Wow, great pictures, thanks for sharing!  Smiley

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

Time for a new batch, hope it isn't getting old at this point. Maybe one or two small batches left and I think I've displayed all the costumes that were there.

Starting off with droids:

These are many of R2's various attachments and doodads. Especially recognizable is the claw arm that he attempted to wrench the flashlight away from Master Yoda with.

Many of 3PO's costume pieces. This really put it in perspective for what Anthony Daniels had to deal with. Perhaps not so surprising that he said on at least one occasion that he wanted to take a sledgehammer to the whole costume.

A little hard to see because the base light was out but Darth Maul's classic saber is a sight to behold.

TIE Pilot from ANH I believe.

And a First Order TIE pilot

This was a cool display of various helmets with the Imperial Gunner "Jawbone" helmet, "Bikerscout", and Death Star Trooper "Cheese-Grater".

Padme's Lake Country dress from AOTC, wonderful ombre coloring for this one.

Padme in disguise as a Naboo starfighter pilot in the opening of AOTC.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 12:51:16 AM »

Thanks again for sharing these

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 01:36:47 AM »

Great pics. I'm just a little bit jealous that you got to see this.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

Didn't you have some close ups of Obi-wan ROTS? Could've sworn I saw some shots x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 02:41:58 PM »

More awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. I want a TIE helmet, wonder if they would notice one missing  Roll Eyes

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: