Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Like Consular Green? So do we. ;D  (Read 5564 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

Alrighty!

Now that we have three Consular Green sabers I'll show you what we've done using Ultra Sabers filters.

Since Green isn't a primary color, there isn't a whole lot you can do in terms of filtering.

Left to Right: Dark Green, Standard w/no filters, Lime green.

Left to Right: Dark Green, Standard w/no filters, Lime green.

Dark Green - 1 Blue and 1 Green filter.

Standard - No Filter.

Lime Green - 1 Orange filter.

Now I know I posted a thread with the Dark green already but I wanted one that was all together.

Hope you enjoyed. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »

Well done. It makes it a lot easier to see the differences!

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »

Obviously I am a big fan of this thread already  Smiley  Nice colors ya got there!

I gotta make a small correction though... green is indeed a primary color, when you are talking about light.  Red blue and green are the the primary colors in the subtractive color scheme.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

Obviously I am a big fan of this thread already  Smiley  Nice colors ya got there!

I gotta make a small correction though... green is indeed a primary color, when you are talking about light.  Red blue and green are the the primary colors in the subtractive color scheme.

Love The Counselor Green Color Wink!!!

Please Forgive Me For The Off Topic Chatter... But Isn't It True, That According To The Laws Behind Color Refraction, and The Laws of Physics... A "Black" Lightsaber Is Literally Impossible To Obtain...

(Because "Black" Is Literally The Complete and Utter Absence of Visible Light...)

Sorry We Started Talking About Visible Light Spectrum, and Light Refraction... and My Thoughts Immediately Ran To "Black Lightsaber" Conception...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »

Obviously I am a big fan of this thread already  Smiley  Nice colors ya got there!

I gotta make a small correction though... green is indeed a primary color, when you are talking about light.  Red blue and green are the the primary colors in the subtractive color scheme.

I was just talking from the color wheel. Red, Yellow, Blue.

Now that I have have googled it could you please fix that to say.

Traditional Primary Color.

Love The Counselor Green Color Wink!!!

Please Forgive Me For The Off Topic Chatter... But Isn't It True, That According To The Laws Behind Color Refraction, and The Laws of Physics... A "Black" Lightsaber Is Literally Impossible To Obtain...

(Because "Black" Is Literally The Complete and Utter Absence of Visible Light...)

Sorry We Started Talking About Visible Light Spectrum, and Light Refraction... and My Thoughts Immediately Ran To "Black Lightsaber" Conception...

Nope that is right.

You can't make "Black" light.

The closest we have is UV. Which BTW Wraith put a purple filter in you DVA and it will look just like a UV Black light.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:37:46 PM »

Nope that is right.

You can't make "Black" light.

The closest we have is UV. Which BTW Wraith put a purple filter in you DVA and it will look just like a UV Black light.

You Know... I Have Been Fascinated By The Idea of A UV (or More Likely A "Black Light" (Very Dark Purple) ) Lightsaber Would Look Like... Though I Am Worried That Starring At The UV Light For Long Periods of Time... Would Do Some Unfortunate Damage To Your Eyes...  ( I Would Imagine, This Is Why This Concept Has Not Been Attempted By Anyone... That We Know Of That Is...)

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »

You Know... I Have Been Fascinated By The Idea of A UV (or More Likely A "Black Light" (Very Dark Purple) ) Lightsaber Would Look Like... Though I Am Worried That Starring At The UV Light For Long Periods of Time... Would Do Some Unfortunate Damage To Your Eyes...  ( I Would Imagine, This Is Why This Concept Has Not Been Attempted By Anyone... That We Know Of That Is...)

It just turns it purple.

It doesn't glow and make ur eyes fuzzy if I think I know what you mean; especially in UE.

darth yoda
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 11:46:06 PM »

Interesting thread, this is.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »

It just turns it purple.

It doesn't glow and make ur eyes fuzzy if I think I know what you mean; especially in UE.

Yeah... We Should All Probably Avoid Messing With This For Now... Until Someone Finds A Safe Way To Conduct The Experiments...

(I Would Hate To Hear of Someone Who Went Blind Over This  Undecided...)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 08:31:45 AM »

Yeah... We Should All Probably Avoid Messing With This For Now... Until Someone Finds A Safe Way To Conduct The Experiments...

(I Would Hate To Hear of Someone Who Went Blind Over This  Undecided...)

I have to stress that it just turns the color to the same purple as a black light.

It's just a filter, It's not changing the actual wavelength into UV, only the color. Using 1 Red and 1 blue filter.

I feel like that sounds condescending, if so I'm sorry.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »

I have to stress that it just turns the color to the same purple as a black light.

It's just a filter, It's not changing the actual wavelength into UV, only the color. Using 1 Red and 1 blue filter.

I feel like that sounds condescending, if so I'm sorry.

Oh No... My Brother... I Misunderstood... No Worries Wink!!!

That Would Look Really Cool Wink!!! A "Black Light Lightsaber"

Darth Gekido
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -75

Ronin Sith Marauder

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »

Where do you get the filters? I'm guessing they are included when you order Adegan Silver, but is there another way to acquire them?

"Honor is a fool's prize... and glory is of no use to the dead."
      "Mizz'ri"-FO Bellicose, Obsidian, Long Grooves
      "Excrucio"-DVA Prophecy V3, Obsidian, Silver FoC
      "BMF"-Hasbro Force FX Mace Windu
      "Pain"-Anakin ROTS US FX, VA 
Dark Side points, please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »

When you order an Adegan Silver the filters are not automatically sent, you would need to ask for them in the comments box.   As for filters in general you can google Leefilters and order a swatch book for almost nothing.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

jccomedy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Smells like cheap c-lone!

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »

Great post!  It's always fun to see the different shades of a color side by side... by side.  Smiley 

Light side points please.  Smiley

*Dark SI (me), Aeon V3 (wife), Initiate LE V3 (son), SI (gift for friend)

Baevar
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 06:24:27 AM »

I like your taste in colors, green and blue are my favorites since mother nature has done such wonderful things with them, and you are 100% correct, the prime colors in pigments are blue, yellow, red. (cyan, yellow and magenta if you wanna get picky) In colored light it is blue, red, green as you stated. But ya did have subtractive and additive mixed up if wikipedia is to be trusted Tongue

Thanks for reminding me of something I learned in school that was stored in a remote and inaccessible part of my biological hard drive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_color

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: