Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Like Consular Green? So do we. ;D  (Read 5538 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:52 PM »

I like your taste in colors, green and blue are my favorites since mother nature has done such wonderful things with them, and you are 100% correct, the prime colors in pigments are blue, yellow, red. (cyan, yellow and magenta if you wanna get picky) In colored light it is blue, red, green as you stated. But ya did have subtractive and additive mixed up if wikipedia is to be trusted Tongue

Thanks for reminding me of something I learned in school that was stored in a remote and inaccessible part of my biological hard drive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_color

Touche!  I had the names reversed, always forget that one... thanks for pointing that out.  Didn't mean to pick on Kham, I just had to mention it - to me the primary colors are red green and blue simply because I've dealt with that scheme so much in physics and whatnot.

I really have to tinker with my CG sabers.  Here's a funny thing I noticed too - I have an older green Dominix that I bought from somebody (the one we put UltimateFX sound in) and it must have a different LED, because the green is a rather different shade than the green in my original Dominix and my Luke ROTJ.  It's definitely more yellowish somehow...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »

No one's pickin on me. Grin

I'd rather someone correct me, that way I can research it. That way I won't look like an idiot if I say the wrong thing.
--------

Is It one you made yourself or did US used to use different LED's?

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »

No one's pickin on me. Grin

I'd rather someone correct me, that way I can research it. That way I won't look like an idiot if I say the wrong thing.
--------

Is It one you made yourself or did US used to use different LED's?

I bought it off somebody who claimed it was a Dominix, although it has a different pommel type (though they changed stuff like that a few times anyway).  I know US has changed LEDs a couple times, so I'm pretty sure that's the case here... I just think it's interesting the difference in colors between the two.  I'll try to capture it on camera if I can.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »

I bought it off somebody who claimed it was a Dominix, although it has a different pommel type (though they changed stuff like that a few times anyway).  I know US has changed LEDs a couple times, so I'm pretty sure that's the case here... I just think it's interesting the difference in colors between the two.  I'll try to capture it on camera if I can.

Alright cool.

If you have trouble, hit it with the Flash on. So the flash will diffuse the ambient light from the saber.

Even though my camera is 10 mega pix, they put off so much light it kills the camera.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: