Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 70584 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »

I just used the standard ability without any boosts. Equipped the Improved Scan Dart, though, which helps a lot detecting a suitable group of enemies.

I don't use the scan dart too often. I'm not that good with it. My friends like to use it in arcade though

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »

I don't use the scan dart too often. I'm not that good with it. My friends like to use it in arcade though
I only used it long enough to get the in game accomplishment credits for it.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »

I only used it long enough to get the in game accomplishment credits for it.

now that I know there's credits involved I'll be using it a lot more

-Broadside

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »

Well, I like it. Together with the thermal detonator. Don't know why, but I'm quite good at throwing. Starkiller Base is good for that - once a door opens, throw one and you most likely get a kill. On Kashyyyk, aim at the higher entrance leading to Alpha, and you may be lucky enough that you get a clone or two hiding behind the walls there.

Open areas are easy, but getting a kill with a throw over half of a confined area's width inside a room is like a hole-in-one...I love that feeling.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »

I have to correct my post - I liked it. Not returning to this one as long as they don't fix their bugs and create secure spawn points, not accessible by enemies by any means. I HATE it to get killed right after spawning or hiding in my spawn area just because some over-motivated fool chases me. It should be a safe area for the spawners, otherwise they can just throw them in the bin and let us spawn anywhere on the field. There you don't need spawn areas - the whole map is the spawn area.

And no, I will not change my mind or anything, this is totally unfair and one of the most annoying flaws of any game mode. I played this for over a year now, and it happened more often in the last two week than it did the whole year before. The last bits of fun have been swept away.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2018, 11:48:20 PM »

There are no safe areas in a battlefield, Rac. Tongue

No, I get what you're saying about the spawn points. Unfortunately, this is an all too common problem in MOBA games. Since the entire map is accessible to all players and NPCs, anyone can get near those spawn points. Though, camping out and waiting for people to respawn is pretty low. Are these NPCs or are you playing online and it's other players doing this?

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »

Only happens in multiplayer modes, especially Strike (which is currently the only mode I play for unlocking most of the Trooper weapons and milestones). Although I had that same experience in a GA game as well, the one with the Venator cruiser - respawned as a fighter, enemy fighter kills me. I respawn, turn around, see him flying toward me - in the same moment I turned around, before I could fire a single shot, that same guy has taken me down again. Respawned a third time - well, do I have to say what happened? After the fourth time, I've quit that game. So it's only in multiplayer, NPCs don't get me that fast or try to get near the spawn areas, even on highest AI settings.

Sig by Master Nero

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »

It's called don't play strike, that problem doesn't happen in most default Galactic assault spawns. Strike is far more closed quarters, play something else Tongue

Saber Collection:

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »

Strike's the only MP mode where I can compete at least a bit and where I don't smash my equipment every day. Tried GA - horrible. Tried Exfiltration - not a mode that attracts me. Tried Skirmish - even more horrible than GA. Tried SA - good at first, but got worse and worse every time I played it.

Not to mention HvV, HS, SFS...

So, if I understand correctly, you suggest that I give up playing the only mode I actually make some progress in. Which in turn means for me, uninstalling it. I never uninstall a Star Wars game unless my hardware or OS doesn't support it anymore Tongue

Sig by Master Nero

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »

Strike's the only MP mode where I can compete at least a bit and where I don't smash my equipment every day. Tried GA - horrible. Tried Exfiltration - not a mode that attracts me. Tried Skirmish - even more horrible than GA. Tried SA - good at first, but got worse and worse every time I played it.

Not to mention HvV, HS, SFS...

So, if I understand correctly, you suggest that I give up playing the only mode I actually make some progress in. Which in turn means for me, uninstalling it. I never uninstall a Star Wars game unless my hardware or OS doesn't support it anymore Tongue

sorry to hear that Rac. The only thing I can say is to get good enough that you can kill the spawn-campers. I will say the combat roll can definitely help get around them.

I say this from my own experiences, Strike is my best mode as well and I dislike most of the others for pretty much the same reasons as you do.

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »

If I sum up the distance I've rolled so far...it wouldn't be so annoying when you roll and roll and in the critical moment, you hit the roll button and nothing happens. Happens almost every time. I can roll 10x in a row when not in combat, but if I need it there, that freaking roll doesn't work which usually leads to another death (same goes for that goddamn Spec melee bug when you used the goggles before).

Anyway, that's not the only thing that annoys me...but I don't want to whine again, need to accept that I'm simply too low for PvP online games. Which has already been mentioned and confirmed on a regular base by other players - "Could you please leave?", "Noob", "Racona Nooba", "Is camping the only thing you can?" (when playing as Spec) and whatnot...so there must be some shred of truth in it.

*backing off and hiding away*

Sig by Master Nero

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2018, 08:14:11 PM »

If I sum up the distance I've rolled so far...it wouldn't be so annoying when you roll and roll and in the critical moment, you hit the roll button and nothing happens. Happens almost every time. I can roll 10x in a row when not in combat, but if I need it there, that freaking roll doesn't work which usually leads to another death (same goes for that goddamn Spec melee bug when you used the goggles before).

Anyway, that's not the only thing that annoys me...but I don't want to whine again, need to accept that I'm simply too low for PvP online games. Which has already been mentioned and confirmed on a regular base by other players - "Could you please leave?", "Noob", "Racona Nooba", "Is camping the only thing you can?" (when playing as Spec) and whatnot...so there must be some shred of truth in it.

*backing off and hiding away*

I hate those people. They are the reason so many gaming communities are so toxic. why can't people just pick up a controller and have fun without everyone hating on them?

-Broadside

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2018, 11:57:12 PM »

I guess I'm just more persistent than you because I got all my troops to max through Galactic Assault. If you play the objective and don't give up it yields results even if it takes time. Because I certainly am not that good of a shot.

Saber Collection:

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2018, 12:01:02 AM »

Only happens in multiplayer modes, especially Strike (which is currently the only mode I play for unlocking most of the Trooper weapons and milestones). Although I had that same experience in a GA game as well, the one with the Venator cruiser - respawned as a fighter, enemy fighter kills me. I respawn, turn around, see him flying toward me - in the same moment I turned around, before I could fire a single shot, that same guy has taken me down again. Respawned a third time - well, do I have to say what happened? After the fourth time, I've quit that game. So it's only in multiplayer, NPCs don't get me that fast or try to get near the spawn areas, even on highest AI settings.

Yeah, you pretty much summed up why I don't like MOBAs. People are children (some, quite literally.) They do crap like this so that they can "win" the round and get more points, and it just ruins the experience for those of us who just want to enjoy the game.

I've only ever played BF2 in single player, mostly because of experiences like what you described in the first game. I work 40 hours a week, and with travel time I'm gone over 60 hours. I don't want to spend my free time doing crap that's not fun. When people do things like that in MOBA games, they become not fun.

Lord Vaalic
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2018, 01:17:42 AM »

I have been playing a lot of Battlefront 1 lately. I like it a lot better than 2 personally. I prefer no classes, using whatever weapon and cards I want.

Sabotage is a great mode but not many people playing it

There is no light side, there is no dark side. There is only the force. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. One paralyzed by fear of emotion, and one ruled and destroyed by it.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: