Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 70432 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:45 AM »

I have been playing a lot of Battlefront 1 lately. I like it a lot better than 2 personally. I prefer no classes, using whatever weapon and cards I want.

I liked one but I haven't played it in a long time. I bought the season pass, but it just took my money and didn't give me anything in game. I haven't played it since, and I won't be putting any more money into it or it's sequel.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2019, 07:41:23 PM »

Finally reached Rank 50...and Origin (stupid as it is) doesn't unlock the achievement. Any idea what to do? Contact support or is there another workaround to get it?

Edit: Unlocked after I joined another game. Don't know if that was it (I went afk shortly after) or if it had to do with a cloud sync issue I had right after I reached R50, but it's in my list now.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2019, 04:40:20 PM »

Dooku comes out this month.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2019, 05:21:40 AM »

Dooku comes out this month.

someone data-mined his animations and emote names here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx52TipVPJ4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

-Broadside

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »

Lots to read here but in my opinion the originals were better. My cousins, brother, friends and I played the hell out of them way back when and had a great time. I think the original battlefront 2 was ahead of its time in a few ways.
Battlefront (2015) was alright, they just didn't have enough content, but I enjoyed it. There were balancing issues and exploits, sure, but that's with every game. I repped up to 60 if I remember correctly.
Battlefront 2 (EA) however I really don't like. The combat feels dull, and as cool as it is, for some reason it just doesn't feel like a Star Wars game to me. Not to mention their MP character progression system gives a huge advantage to players that stay longer, which is fun for players who've been around for a while, but for new or periodic players, it's not a great time.
In my opinion, skill should always trump benefits/advantages. I don't feel it does in Battlefront 2.
---Why can't they implement a Space Battle system like int he old battlefront? Flying into the enemy ship's hanger, planting bombs to take out vital systems, and balancing it with being able to do so from outside in a ship was well was the best part.

Side note: The space piloting controls are bad. There's so much ship wobble and lateral movement. 2015's BF had it better in that you basically are going forward, can roll, and turn.

Also HvV would be way better with a [[For Honor]] based dueling design. I hope for a day wher characters' lightsaber forms impact your gameplay for real.

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »

Lots to read here but in my opinion the originals were better. My cousins, brother, friends and I played the hell out of them way back when and had a great time. I think the original battlefront 2 was ahead of its time in a few ways.
Battlefront (2015) was alright, they just didn't have enough content, but I enjoyed it. There were balancing issues and exploits, sure, but that's with every game. I repped up to 60 if I remember correctly.
Battlefront 2 (EA) however I really don't like. The combat feels dull, and as cool as it is, for some reason it just doesn't feel like a Star Wars game to me. Not to mention their MP character progression system gives a huge advantage to players that stay longer, which is fun for players who've been around for a while, but for new or periodic players, it's not a great time.
In my opinion, skill should always trump benefits/advantages. I don't feel it does in Battlefront 2.
---Why can't they implement a Space Battle system like int he old battlefront? Flying into the enemy ship's hanger, planting bombs to take out vital systems, and balancing it with being able to do so from outside in a ship was well was the best part.

Side note: The space piloting controls are bad. There's so much ship wobble and lateral movement. 2015's BF had it better in that you basically are going forward, can roll, and turn.

Also HvV would be way better with a [[For Honor]] based dueling design. I hope for a day wher characters' lightsaber forms impact your gameplay for real.
Rewarding the players who stick with it, is far better than the pay to win crap. Perseverance is how I leveled my troops.

Saber Collection:

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:47 PM »

I agree, their PTW mechanics unfortunately are still felt today

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2019, 05:09:29 AM »

My quest to get the credits to unlock Dooku is a slow process.

Saber Collection:

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »

My quest to get the credits to unlock Dooku is a slow process.

when is it not? I haven't even gotten Greivous yet. I've pretty much decided to keep BFII as my offline game to play with friends. I'm pretty much done with online, too many tryhards its not that fun anymore.

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »

Yeah, it's annoying sometimes. I still keep quitting when I notice someone who has abnormally high stats (points and kills) compared to the remaining players - indicates some kind of hack.

But I also accepted that dying is essential part of the game - that made me much stronger in my own gameplay...well, that 3x XP event helped a lot, too Grin I still struggle with Heroes and Starfighter, but GA and Strike are way better now. Just got my first Hero kill with a Special Unit, and only need 2 more Vanguard kill streaks for the achievement - something I always had problems with because I never played with the risk of dying. Since I do, I get much more chances for the Vanguard...doesn't always work, but when you don't accept it and change the way of playing, you don't really make progress.
That's what I noticed and learned over the last months...

Yeah, the credits...I think we still get too few rewards. There should be a bonus for the Top 5 as well. Not much, let's say 50 for #5, 60 for #4, 75 for #3, 85 for #2 and 100 for #1. But that might also attract even more cheaters. Fortunately I saved some credits....currently 560k Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »

If I had 3 people to play with, I would just play hero showdown to level up characters and earn credits. That way each team can alternate who wins and what not, since it's a 2 on 2.

Saber Collection:

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »

Yeah, that would be cool.

What I'd like to see as well is a change of the milestone system. Almost every part of it is related to multiplayer-only, except for the Arcade and Campaign section. However, there is only one specific multiplayer section, the others don't have any indicator that it's multiplayer-only...so what if they change it so that the class, Hero and starfighter milestones are unlockable in single-player (Team Deathmatch and Onslaught) as well? Or change the category names to "Single Player" with the sub-categories "Arcade" and "Campaign" and "Multiplayer" with the subs "Classes", "Heroes", "Starfighters" and "General" to make clear which milestones can be unlocked in Single Player modes and Multiplayer modes. It's quite confusing for new players...I needed a few matches to realise which categories update after Arcade and which after multiplayer matches - that was very annoying because you expect something completely different according to the category names.

I find some of the multiplayer milestones almost too difficult to achieve....hit 5 enemies at once with Luke's Force Push, kill 3 enemies at once with Boba's missile barrage...first you need the battle points (which should be no problem, though), but then you need to run into a suitable group and hope that you don't get killed before you can even unleash any of these abilitie. I'm always outnumbered and almost instantly killed before I can even sum up the overall situation. Which has always been one of my strong points...even in RL.

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #192 on: February 05, 2019, 09:36:42 PM »

Oh, and I missed another important thing - server selection for the PC version! I'm so tired of searching and cancelling and being put into empty servers because it always gives me the same map over and over again. I want to choose the game and server myself so that I don't have to wait up to 20 min until a game begins...

Sig by Master Nero

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #193 on: February 05, 2019, 09:55:52 PM »

I am a very casual video gamer and I just got a PS4 a week ago. Battlefront II is my only game I have, for now. I am enjoying it. Playing online is very new to me. I suck when compared to all these players I play with online during Galactic Assault. I am enjoying the game but I am noticing you have to grind to get anything. Video games were very different when I was a kid.

N64 is still the greatest system ever, in my opinion.

Anyway, I would be interested in playing with anyone who is willing to!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2019, 10:51:35 PM »

Yeah, that would be cool.

What I'd like to see as well is a change of the milestone system. Almost every part of it is related to multiplayer-only, except for the Arcade and Campaign section. However, there is only one specific multiplayer section, the others don't have any indicator that it's multiplayer-only...so what if they change it so that the class, Hero and starfighter milestones are unlockable in single-player (Team Deathmatch and Onslaught) as well? Or change the category names to "Single Player" with the sub-categories "Arcade" and "Campaign" and "Multiplayer" with the subs "Classes", "Heroes", "Starfighters" and "General" to make clear which milestones can be unlocked in Single Player modes and Multiplayer modes. It's quite confusing for new players...I needed a few matches to realise which categories update after Arcade and which after multiplayer matches - that was very annoying because you expect something completely different according to the category names.

I find some of the multiplayer milestones almost too difficult to achieve....hit 5 enemies at once with Luke's Force Push, kill 3 enemies at once with Boba's missile barrage...first you need the battle points (which should be no problem, though), but then you need to run into a suitable group and hope that you don't get killed before you can even unleash any of these abilitie. I'm always outnumbered and almost instantly killed before I can even sum up the overall situation. Which has always been one of my strong points...even in RL.

For Luke's force push, yeah it was a matter of finding five enemies that close together that was the challenge, though it is a fairly quick ability to use. Getting the Maul milestone for multiple kills with his spin attack was much more annoying for me, because it doesn't kill that easily unless they are already weakened. I still have no idea how to do the Phasma stick wack milestone, not that I use her that much anyway.

Saber Collection:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: