Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 70408 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2019, 12:09:32 AM »

For Luke's force push, yeah it was a matter of finding five enemies that close together that was the challenge, though it is a fairly quick ability to use. Getting the Maul milestone for multiple kills with his spin attack was much more annoying for me, because it doesn't kill that easily unless they are already weakened. I still have no idea how to do the Phasma stick wack milestone, not that I use her that much anyway.

the stick whack you have to actually be touching an enemy, then you have to hit them at exactly the right angle, then it usually doesn't kill them. Phasma is probably my least favorite character in the game for this reason. (and probably a few others I don't want to remember)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2019, 01:01:07 AM »

My quest to get the credits to unlock Dooku is a slow process.

That is why i had to finally give this up...having to unlock new characters just finally became too much for me.  I already paid for the game i shouldn't have to grind for simple access.  If people want to unlock extra skins fine that's cool, I'm just a casual gamer not into that stuff, but locking out entire characters is just ridiculous -frankly if you pay good money for something you should get every feature available without restriction - you don't buy a DVD and then have to 'unlock' each section of a movie, games should be the same, all skills all characters up front, you want some extra cosmetic stuff to unlock cool do that, but hiding functional stuff behind grind walls puts casual gamers like me (who might've played 2-3 hours a week at most) off. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2019, 07:27:14 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I'm fine with the way they reward progress in terms of new weapons (via the milestones) and star cards (via level-ups).

The character release cadence has been a bit tight the last weeks, but normally you have enough time to get all the credits for unlocking, even if you don't play every day. Don't forget, 500 creds are always for free - more or less. You still need to log in and claim the daily crate. And Arcade mode gives you another 100 creds per game (up to 6 games are rewarded, I think). So that's 1k credits per day. Taking into account that chars take about 1-2 months to release, you easily have 35k ready when they release.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I'm fine with the way they reward progress in terms of new weapons (via the milestones) and star cards (via level-ups).

The character release cadence has been a bit tight the last weeks, but normally you have enough time to get all the credits for unlocking, even if you don't play every day. Don't forget, 500 creds are always for free - more or less. You still need to log in and claim the daily crate. And Arcade mode gives you another 100 creds per game (up to 6 games are rewarded, I think). So that's 1k credits per day. Taking into account that chars take about 1-2 months to release, you easily have 35k ready when they release.

Fair enough but i shouldn't have to do that at all, i've already paid for the game, i shouldn't have to zombie log in or play arcade to get what should be covered in the $ price. The fact i would have to has just made me give it up in disgust. Player shouldn't have to plan out things like that, the fact anyone sits there calculating how many free boxes you need to open is an indictment on a perverse game system IMO.

Which is a shame, as it was fun for a while, and new characters/maps breathe new life into it...but yeah...I just personally can't get over the needing to pay for something twice with my time - games should be about having fun now - not building up BS points or credits to unlock what you've paid for already.  The level ups too punish people who can't spend much time leveling characters IMO, if you want to reward players for certain achievements/playing lots give them something like a new skin or special emotes- anything that doesn't disadvantage people who can't do that.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree that many things in BF require constant playing and it's not a casual game - which I find a bit annoying as well Undecided A fair amount of the rewards should really get redesigned so that even casual players aren't scared off by the time they need to reach a certain point where they can compete with the long-term players. And I'm not talking about P2W or fee-based DLCs, that would be the wrong way!

As for the chars - upon release of BF II most of the heroes were locked. And needed much more creds to unlock. At that point I thought exactly the same like you: I paid for it and don't get access? Seriously? Fortunately EA provided an update shortly after release which unlocked all heroes. However, it doesn't look like the fanbase wants a change of the current system, which is a bit sad because it's still a great game. And with some tweaks (and a bit more bug-fixing) they could even encourage those who left the game to join again...at least that's what I would do.

You're totally right, a game shouldn't disadvantage people who join after release, don't have that much time to play or (regarding P2W) can't/don't want to spend money just for getting better!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

However, it doesn't look like the fanbase wants a change of the current system, which is a bit sad because it's still a great game. And with some tweaks (and a bit more bug-fixing) they could even encourage those who left the game to join again...at least that's what I would do.

Yeah that is the saddest part it is really fun at times, missions and basic mechanics are really simple which i like, graphics/sound are awesome...just poor management decisions trying to incorporate...almost and RPG like progression system in some ways which to me is a very odd choice - but then we all know the real reason was originally cause they wanted to sell the loot boxes to make extra cash then had to tweak it to avoid the backlash...now we're left with a really weird system that puts off casual people which is odd as you'd think that is where the majority of players fit.  I think if there is ever a 3rd one...well personally i would need some serious convincing to get it at this point.

Lord_S_Gray

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »

I don't know about other versions, but the milestones in xbox one are all in categories.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »

They are categorized on PC as well, I just find the system a bit confusing 'cause the milestones only achievable in Multiplayer aren't in that category but all separate in the main "Career" screen - Trooper Classes, Starfighters and Heroes. I'd rather like to have them in the "Multiplayer" category with their respective names to make it clearer.

However, I'm having serious problems with Origin since yesterday. I played "FIFA 19" when Origin suddenly crashed. FIFA wasn't affected, it just ran fine. I finished playing and restarted Origin. Cloud sync obviously didn't work, but that one could be solved after a few attempts and tweaks. What is really annoying is that the "Last played" and "Play time" on both Battlefront II and FIFA 19 aren't updating anymore. FIFA just sits at "Play time 64 h" and "Last played Feb 5, 2019" (which is clearly wrong, just played today and I think it was already in the 70s before that issue). Battlefront is at 728 h and also Feb 5, 2019 although I played that today as well...

Tried everything. Clearing caches, resetting Origin settings, repairing game files, recovered the respective folders through System Restore to the state of Feb 4, even did an Origin uninstall/reinstall - no way, it just won't update anymore. I don't know what to do...Google, Yahoo, EA Answers HQ couldn't really help me.

Sig by Master Nero

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2019, 09:15:53 PM »

It seems if they put every single multiplayer milestone in one category that would be massive.

Saber Collection:

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2019, 01:16:45 AM »

Anyone who has this for Xbox One, Private message me, I am looking to start a hero show down group for leveling, and later for other purposes like Heroes vs Villains and Galactic assault.

Saber Collection:

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »

It seems if they put every single multiplayer milestone in one category that would be massive.

No, not in one category. They should maintain the current categories, and then just move them to the Multiplayer category and make them sub-categories of the main Multiplayer category. Just like the tree structures on PC...you have one main folder (categories Multiplayer and Singleplayer) and then you have subfolders (categories General, Classes, Heroes, Starfighters for Multiplayer and Campaign and Arcade for Singleplayer) with their respective milestones. That way you still have the current category system, but a better overview what counts towards Multiplayer and what counts towards Singleplayer.

Something like this:

Daily Challenges (stays as it is)
--> List of Daily Challenges

Single Player (main category)
--> Arcade (stand-alone category now)
-------> List of Arcade milestones
--> Campaign (stand-alone category now)
-------> List of Campaign milestones

Multiplayer (main category)
--> Classes (stand-alone category now)
-------> List of Class milestones
--> General (category "Multiplayer" now)
-------> List of general multiplayer milestones
--> Heroes (stand-alone category now)
-------> List of Hero milestones
--> Starfighters (stand-alone category now)
-------> List of Starfighter milestones

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2019, 06:16:35 PM »

Finally, finally got my 5th Vanguard kill streak today. One of the most awful milestones in BF 2...together with 3 or 4 from the Hero section.

Anyway, I think with the recent updates and character releases it's back on track again. Still not perfect, still much to do, but DICE and EA seem to work more thoroughly now.

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »

Wow...more than one year after release I finally received my "Not the droids" emote for signing up for the newsletter...

And still no CT about the new game mode...

Sig by Master Nero

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:12 PM »

I want to officially state for the record that Anakin is OP and the four abilities is unfair.

Saber Collection:

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »

I want to officially state for the record that Anakin is OP and the four abilities is unfair.

I think they made him OP for a reason.

all my time spent playing BF1 and 2 has been spent saying that the villains were more powerful than the heroes. I think Anakin is exactly what BF2 needed to make the teams a bit more balanced.

and he is the Chosen One. I think 4 abilities fits him (if they are a bit confusing to use)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: