Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 69923 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »

Co-op, Instant action, Felucia, and Clone Commandos have all released as of yesterday, and I gotta say they are looking amazing.

Felucia is looking to be one of the best maps for capital supremacy, and the clone commandos are looking plain awesome. Instant action is looking fun, although I wish there were more customization options. I haven't yet seen anything on the Co-op mode yet, I will hopefully try that this weekend.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #271 on: September 26, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »

Co-op, Instant action, Felucia, and Clone Commandos have all released as of yesterday, and I gotta say they are looking amazing.

Felucia is looking to be one of the best maps for capital supremacy, and the clone commandos are looking plain awesome. Instant action is looking fun, although I wish there were more customization options. I haven't yet seen anything on the Co-op mode yet, I will hopefully try that this weekend.

Saw that, need to jump on later...so many good games and updates this quarter

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2019, 02:26:59 PM »

Saw that, need to jump on later...so many good games and updates this quarter

honestly, this game has gone from pretty meh to pretty good in just a few months. the addition of Capital Supremacy is still my favorite thing to happen, but Instant action and Co-op look very good as well. I'm gonna try everything tonight once I get home from school

-Broadside

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2019, 02:47:21 PM »

honestly, this game has gone from pretty meh to pretty good in just a few months. the addition of Capital Supremacy is still my favorite thing to happen, but Instant action and Co-op look very good as well. I'm gonna try everything tonight once I get home from school

So i played the content last night and it 100% brings back all the right memories of BF2 on the ps2. Fantastic update!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2019, 06:57:05 PM »

Now add the OT and ST maps and Heroes can be levelled easily in these modes and their milestones can be unlocked in Co-op as well (just did that with Ani). I hate the all-PVP modes regarding Hero usage and their milestones are sometimes impossible to get (Luke's "5-enemy-push", Boba's "3-rocket-kill" and some others)...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2019, 01:16:44 PM »

Got a full group of 4 to play the new co-op last night. 2 Commandos, a Heavy, and an Obi-Wan. Havent had that much fun in a star wars game in a long time. Highly recommend this if you have a group that plays it!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2019, 04:31:52 PM »

So I decided to hop back into the 2015 Battlefront and I gotta say, I'm enjoying it. It's not as intense as 2 and its nice to be able to play a chill star wars game again.

-Broadside

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »

So, on April 29, 2020, the last update for BF 2 will be released. No more new content after that....

I really hoped that they will bring Starfighters to Co-Op before they leave the game...it's f*cking impossible to level any of the ships (Heroes and normal ships) to a degree that you can at least achieve a little bit in SA...

Looks like I'll be left with several Starfighter-related milestones and one Origin achievement that will never be completed....

Cu*** you, EA, at least some Starfighter content...all the years since it has been introduced the fans called for that, and nothing happened....you added Co-Op to help leveling and developing classes and heroes. Not doing that for Starfighters? Inconsequent, really inconsequent...make a Co-op mode for Starfighters before leaving, that's the only thing that's left to do to make this journey complete.

Sorry for my venting and ranting, but it makes me so sad...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2020, 07:35:25 PM »

Agreed to all of your comments. I play BFII off and on in mostly co-op a couple times a week to have some stress relief. I haven't been in starfighter assault in a LONG time because it's such a time sump to get levels.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »

If I could at least win one single time on Endor, that would at least complete my Multiplayer milestones. Already took me 3 years to win a single time on Ryloth. But no, no way to get even near that...and since balancing will never be touched again, there's no chance to complete that.

Will eventually get the Celebration Edition, but then I'm done with it, I think.

Sig by Master Nero

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »

I never imagined I'd say it, but...I really finished the "Aggressor" milestone today Grin Finally got my win on Endor - even with a complete game crash just before victory. Luckily I rejoined exactly the same match with the same team while they were still playing, and after a few seconds, victory was mine Cheesy

I never thought I'd make it...

Sig by Master Nero

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2020, 12:59:13 AM »

The load times on these are flat ridiculous.

The older versions were better, the galaxy at war mode was really fun, there is nothing like that in the new versions. The graphics in the new one is nothing short of stunning, but they need some more modes I think

Having played SW Battlefield (if I even remember title accurately more than a decade later) on the original Xbox... I gotta say I will always prefer it for a few reasons. It felt real, like the first true experience of how wild battle in the SW universe is for non-force users. It is terrifying, grueling, and a blaster battle of grit and skill. Especially facing a Jedi and knowing chances are almost non existent to survive. But more importantly it was difficult, just winning some of the battles let alone survivng. Now Battlefront 2 brought back that intensity, but it's sorely lacking in the original's Epic space battles tied to other combat. Someone else mentioned it, Galactic Conquest mode (many battles determining the result of a mini war) had the feel of true SW universe wars. Like losing at a strategic place leaves forces cut off or turns momentum. But most importantly EA removed the BEST part of space battle which I found unforgivable. Having a dogfight in space, disabling cruiser shields, weapons systems, engines... gaining points and the advantage was awesome. Most crucial was that you could drop enemy ship shields and board them! It made combat have great depth, you can get in and turn the tide from within a ship and "disable" it. IMO this was a beautiful aspect of the movies integrated into game to make you have to think tactically and use team strengths. If you are no Anakin in the cockpit, get in there and sabotage the ship like Inferno Squad would/could. I feel EA could have done this so well, but it's regrettable they didn't. Don't get me wrong, combat and Sith VS Jedi lightsaber fights are awesome in SW battlefront 2; but it could have been so much more overall if they integrated these modes/aspects.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2020, 01:24:07 AM »

I'm currently working on the A280 milestones, so that's my primary weapon and not really a problem. What I actually need help with is that shotgun of the middle ability which also gives a milestone...I can't really manage to get a single kill, let alone 3 during a single usage Undecided

It sounds like you've tried a myriad of ways, and probably toyed around with this by now, but switch up your Cards. Think like an assassin completely self concerned with the goal of the 3 kills in succession. Prioritize opportune visible target 1st, but if they see you coming then whoever is most immediate threat. I use crates, barriers, corners, retreating through doors, ANYTHING that blocks fire for a second to save you and/or lure them into position. Forget the win, team work (unless it serves your purpose), camp, do whatever you have to till opportunity strikes. Lure in 1 or 2, or ambush them in close quarters. But have Killstreak Vanguard, Assault Training, & Survivalist equipped. Maybe use Bodyguard instead of Assault Training if getting that 1st kill of 3 seems impossible. Dodge, crouch behind cover, weaken them with grenades before the kill shot. Get stealthy and move around map to blind side them, flank them, improvise like crazy. IDK what to say but give in to your anger.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2020, 01:42:14 AM »

It's all fun and games until you're in a MOBA and you lose your connection. Roll Eyes

That's one thing I hate about online games. I like games that aren't affected by a connection that can crap out whenever it's inconvenient.

Truth. I played solo arcade and still had momentary lag with game freezing for a second mid combat, reminds me of the meme I saw. Luke clashing with Vader, Luke being SWBF 2 players and Vader the EA servers. Priceless.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2020, 03:11:53 AM »

I have to correct my post - I liked it. Not returning to this one as long as they don't fix their bugs and create secure spawn points, not accessible by enemies by any means. I HATE it to get killed right after spawning or hiding in my spawn area just because some over-motivated fool chases me. It should be a safe area for the spawners, otherwise they can just throw them in the bin and let us spawn anywhere on the field. There you don't need spawn areas - the whole map is the spawn area.

And no, I will not change my mind or anything, this is totally unfair and one of the most annoying flaws of any game mode. I played this for over a year now, and it happened more often in the last two week than it did the whole year before. The last bits of fun have been swept away.
   I agree whole heartedly. One of the things from SW Battlefield that was great, landing a troop transport inside the hangar of an enemy ship and using it as a spawn. Then if it got too hot in the LZ get back in, fly outside, let team spawn inside ship, fly back in and land on opposite side or clear hangar with transport weaponry. Little is worse than being viciously spawn locked/camped to death. Instantly slaughtered over and over with no safe spawn, or random enemies spawning behind you when you had an area locked and a good streak going.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: