Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront 2 (2015/2017)  (Read 70577 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2020, 03:55:15 AM »

He's the only character in all 3 Eras

Trying soooo hard not to be specific (because I HATE spoilers) but *SPOILER ALERT* he (Chewie) isn't the only one in all 3 eras/parts of the 3 part movie series pairings. There are at least three playable characters off the top of my head that are as well. Technically closer to 5 if you count Luke and Leia. They can't "fight" in Episodes I-III but do make a cameo/exist.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2020, 04:07:26 AM »

Rey, Finn vs Kylo and Phasma, it would be tight at two heroes per side but makes the others have to try harder. Since I doubt they will ever add the older appearances for Luke, Han and Leia. I find it odd they have yet to add an clone armored version of Anakin, yet they did PJ's Dooku...
   Truth, a version of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker fighting the First Order in Era locked battles would be epic. Seeing him and Rey together on the battlefield would be crazy intimidating. Why waste time on Dooku's sleep attire and not use the obvious choice of one of the most popular Jedi in history given that you have his character model established in a movie. A "The Last Jedi" version of him would be amazing AND appropriate since they allude to him in the later chapters of campaign addon multiple times anyway.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

Trying soooo hard not to be specific (because I HATE spoilers) but *SPOILER ALERT* he (Chewie) isn't the only one in all 3 eras/parts of the 3 part movie series pairings. There are at least three playable characters off the top of my head that are as well. Technically closer to 5 if you count Luke and Leia. They can't "fight" in Episodes I-III but do make a cameo/exist.
Can you please explain yourself? 
Palpatine is one that occurs to me.  boba fett?...i dont think he should count.

I dont have the timelines in front of me but as a rough estimation, all heroes in OT would have existed at some point during the prequel era (or close enough to it) and human sequel heroes would have existed in OT era (or close enough to it) but force ghosts and babies do not count for this topic ;-P

Also...
if it has been a year since the last film of the story line and we are on a forum about light sabers can we really call them spoilers?
if not now, at what point can we stop calling star wars related topics spoilers?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »

Can you please explain yourself? 
Palpatine is one that occurs to me.  boba fett?...i dont think he should count.

I dont have the timelines in front of me but as a rough estimation, all heroes in OT would have existed at some point during the prequel era (or close enough to it) and human sequel heroes would have existed in OT era (or close enough to it) but force ghosts and babies do not count for this topic ;-P

Also...
if it has been a year since the last film of the story line and we are on a forum about light sabers can we really call them spoilers?
if not now, at what point can we stop calling star wars related topics spoilers?

True, I agree with you to a point, and just wanted to avoid the hard bombshell it if possible. In my experience, using that as a reference, I avoided watching Game of Thrones till season 5-6. Binged to catch up, and watched till the end with friends... So I had to avoid social media, the radio, and random convos for years because people call it "ok" after a while. BUT I'll conceed the point here because truth, if one stumbled in here THAT ignorant of the movies it is almost their failing not experienceing the main aspect of franchise. Still many "disowned" or had no interest in last 3 part of movies too. There fore I'll just do it with the warning:
Potential Movie SPOILERS!!!

Alrighty: I haven't (ironically) seen the last movie Episode IX. Just soak that in for a sec. lol But, had bits ruined for me, thus I use that info. To this extent I was inaccurate on one character I thought about Darth Maul. Not "seeing him" in original trilogy slipped my mind (since he's such a mainstay now). If you remove the twins (since they aren't "playable characters" in essence) in Episode III then w/e but they are technically featured. Darth Sidious is then the obvious choice along with Chewbacca. Of course eliminating force ghosts is logical too, no Kenobi, Yoda, or Anikin/Vader counting in. Almost said Millennium Falcon, since it's not in Episode I-III but appears in prequel Solo, so IDK how to handle that? Then if you factor Solo into the mix, Han Solo counts (I didn't realize I did that subconsciously) and I feel he deserves inclusion. Doing that gives Maul back his spot though in it's own way too. That should cover, and even go beyond what I'd thought originally as far as Playable Characters in BF 2. Didn't even consider BF1. So yea, you asked I answered. If it's confusing, hell I confused myself a bit thinking about it while simultaneously trying to respond. Do what you will with my rant, take it or leave it.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »

Getting back to the central topic, I bought the PS4 bundle at launch so played BF2 a lot offline. I therefore share RN's concerns over confusing/unclear milestones. Why would using Assault Class for example not count in any offline modes toward various kill and weapon achievements? It's pretty misleading. Plus a whole new level of frustrating if your connection isn't good enough to "keep up" playing online, therefore they stay out of reach for the sake of earning Achievements/Trophies and resulting credits. Also agreeing that, to that end (the posts that mention casual gamers & losing their interest this way) earning credits sucks. 40k to get one epic looking outfit is in itself a bit brutal. It caps daily credit earning from battles low at around 2k. Many daily challenges require online modes, or pay out on low side 200-500 cr. When I got back into playing (or maybe just cuz I bought deluxe edition originally?) I had access to all the newest characters. Probably just retroactive unlock once they decided to stop putting out new content. Heck, I'd love to play it mostly online, just terribly disagree with PSN going "pay to play" like microsoft and now even nintendo I believe just to play multiplayer. Travesty of supply and demand, neglecting poor folks. I grew up offline gaming, and sometimes best you can do to try and appease your kids is the already expensive system, controller, game... now they look at you like ur stupid for not having internet & getting them a subscription to online play too. It's savage, they feel like Kenny from South Park at school since they cant join in with friends. Good job creating an additional path to the Dark Side EA & Sony. I've got some deep rooted gripes there, so I'll stop short of true anger.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2020, 11:22:31 PM »

True, I agree with you to a point, and just wanted to avoid the hard bombshell it if possible. In my experience, using that as a reference, I avoided watching Game of Thrones till season 5-6. Binged to catch up, and watched till the end with friends... So I had to avoid social media, the radio, and random convos for years because people call it "ok" after a while. BUT I'll conceed the point here because truth, if one stumbled in here THAT ignorant of the movies it is almost their failing not experienceing the main aspect of franchise. Still many "disowned" or had no interest in last 3 part of movies too. There fore I'll just do it with the warning:
Potential Movie SPOILERS!!!

Alrighty: I haven't (ironically) seen the last movie Episode IX. Just soak that in for a sec. lol But, had bits ruined for me, thus I use that info. To this extent I was inaccurate on one character I thought about Darth Maul. Not "seeing him" in original trilogy slipped my mind (since he's such a mainstay now). If you remove the twins (since they aren't "playable characters" in essence) in Episode III then w/e but they are technically featured. Darth Sidious is then the obvious choice along with Chewbacca. Of course eliminating force ghosts is logical too, no Kenobi, Yoda, or Anikin/Vader counting in. Almost said Millennium Falcon, since it's not in Episode I-III but appears in prequel Solo, so IDK how to handle that? Then if you factor Solo into the mix, Han Solo counts (I didn't realize I did that subconsciously) and I feel he deserves inclusion. Doing that gives Maul back his spot though in it's own way too. That should cover, and even go beyond what I'd thought originally as far as Playable Characters in BF 2. Didn't even consider BF1. So yea, you asked I answered. If it's confusing, hell I confused myself a bit thinking about it while simultaneously trying to respond. Do what you will with my rant, take it or leave it.
dude...

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2020, 12:56:59 AM »

dude...
   Good, bad, mind blown? Almost speechless? You just left me not knowing quite what to say... Other than this is the kinda stuff I love about SW universe. It's depth, especially adding in the "Legends" from books. Or that good ole Darth Jar-Jar fan theory. Wild happenings behind the scenes. The Skywalker Clan almost earns a honorary place in Game of Thrones for how twisted they are... Talk about SERIOUS issues, but again that'd take me off topic so I'll side step that landmine. The addition of Clone Commandos to Enforcer Class was Epic. Republic Commando was (like original SW BF) sooooo ahead of it's time & one of the best videogame stories. Mixed with it's overall feel. Makes it a "new classic" like The Force Unleashed.

stell_87
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2020, 11:44:56 AM »

Hi guys, is there anyone still playing the first Battlefront? The thing is I didn't have a good PC to play the game and I was dreaming about playing it for years. Recently I bought a good PC and bought the game however I was so disappointed! There are very few people in the servers still playing the game and it's mostly the main game modes. I wanna play the Deathstar mode but there is no one playing this mode. So if there are people in this forum still playing the game maybe you would do me a favor and we could play this mode together? I wanna play it so much!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2020, 10:10:43 PM »

Hi guys, is there anyone still playing the first Battlefront? The thing is I didn't have a good PC to play the game and I was dreaming about playing it for years. Recently I bought a good PC and bought the game however I was so disappointed! There are very few people in the servers still playing the game and it's mostly the main game modes. I wanna play the Deathstar mode but there is no one playing this mode. So if there are people in this forum still playing the game maybe you would do me a favor and we could play this mode together? I wanna play it so much!

Sadly after the originals (and the long wait before it's release) that game was a big disappointment to many fans at the time. It also has been out so long that many people moved away from playing it over time, also when Battlefront 2 came out you know how players do their "mass migration" to the sequel. Especially with all these game retailers incentivizing trade ins toward purchasing new titles... Luckily since you're looking for PC Battlefront 1 players there could be some hope... Maybe people here would fire up a copy and play with you too. I enjoyed the survival mode, and some of the gameplay in that game. But I had it for PS4 so I can't join you. If it's cheap on steam maybe people will join in, or redownload it to kick some butt... May the Force serve you well.

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2021, 01:29:16 AM »

One of my favorite games was the original StarWars Battlefront 2.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: