Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: saber pommel problems (apologies for bad spelling)  (Read 874 times)
one_with_issues
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 10, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »

hello i just reiceved both fulcrum and lost grey my lost grey modle is woking wonderfully and im having no issues. However the fulcrum the black peice that attaches the pommel to the saber hilt itself will not unscrew and has been too tightly screwed on for myself and or my family members to get off feasably and we have tried multiple methods and no one is awnsering the help lines at ultrasabers. PLEASE HELP!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 09:52:50 PM »

Be careful not to force it, firstly.  You could try a penetrating fluid, like PB Blaster, but go sparingly.  Also, warming the body of the saber while cooling the pommel might help some, just don't make it extreme in either direction.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »

Hey there one_with_issues,

I don't own a Fulcrum myself, but it looks like the black ring might be part of the hilt.  Did you try unscrewing just the silver ball part?  You likely have, but it's somewhere to start.

Hopefully someone who owns that saber will pop by, and help.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:41:57 AM »

This happens a lot on my Guardian. The top part of the pommel will come off, but the bottom that actually attaches to the saber will not. After a couple of times experiencing this, I finally learned to turn the saber on, get it warmed up, and keep trying carefully to pull it off ( I usually have to borrow a brother's strong grip.) Eventually it comes off. Interesting that it happens with the Fulcrum, too. Let me know if this helps.

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 01:56:45 AM »

Also, once it's off, use something to keep it from seizing again.  You can get a small, single use anti-seize from most auto parts stores (Autozone, Advance, O'Brien, etc...) for really cheap.  Designed to keep spark plugs from seizing in blocks, so it's ideal.  Just a little on the threads, spread thin, then screw it on.  Keep some on hand, you may need to renew it now and then when taking the pommel off before you put it back on, but only if it looks like it's all worn off.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: