Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to put sound into a Dominix LE v4  (Read 1175 times)
MidoriyaIzuku87
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: February 11, 2018, 03:25:17 AM »

Hello Thread users, I recently got a mystery box saber which ended up being a stunt saber and I was wondering what tools and parts I would need to get to make my stunt into a sound saber, this is a dream I have had for a long time and I'm so glad I have a saber so if anyone would be kind enough to help me that would be great.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:04:00 PM »

The Ultrasabers Store has a section on build your own lightsaber. The first thing your going want to ask yourself is are you comfortable soldering? If your not you may want to either send it in and get it installed or buy two sabers which would be my option to choose. 😊 It needs lithium ion batteries, momentary switch, soundboard and a vented pommel for sound. It will get quite expensive and more money than your initial purchase.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:48:00 AM »

DIY is definitely cheaper than sending it in for additional work, if you have the tools and experience already. If you're just learning soldering and such, you might want to leave the actual installation until you've got a good handle on soldering on circuit boards. It doesn't take much of a mistake to fry a component on a PCB, and accidentally cooking a $200 soundboard is bad, Mmmkay?

The Dominix LE V4 is $75 empty... and you're going to spend between $13 and 20 each way for shipping, probably plus teardown labor (which will be a moderate cost), plus parts and labor for the additions, you might opt just to purchase a new saber with sound rather than send the stunt in for upgrade. The upside of keeping a stunt saber is you have something to practice with (especially while your new saber is being built), just in case you want to start getting fancy with swinging your saber around. If the stunt and the expensive saber are the same model, you won't really notice the difference much (or can add weight to the stunt so that you don't) when you start to do the fancy stuff with the sound saber. And you have something for your friends to play with too Wink.

It's a lot less stressful to drop a stunt setup than one that costs a couple of hundred dollars... Trust me here, I've dropped an Initiate V4 stunt, and a Diamond Dark Initiate V4 (pretty much the same day too).  I seriously sweated the latter (though it has given me another reason to (eventually) buy a new pommel, so even that has an upside).

DIY list of tools (someone add any I miss...):
Wire cutters/strippers ($15)
Soldering Iron w/ usual accessories (tip cleaning sponge, etc) (~$20-30)
Solder
Flux
Isopropyl alcohol
Helping hands parts holder
Wire (not sure on gauge, probably somewhere in the 18-20 range, if not higher)
Heat Shrink
some sort of heat gun (not sure if a hair dryer would work, been way too long).

Parts:
LI-ion battery setup (much easier to fit in the hilt with a soundboard than a AAA setup). This is basically a AA-size battery sled to which you can mount a...
Sound board  (and)
Speaker
Momentary switch (latching switch on stunts won't work)
Vented Pommel (so you can hear the sound. Some MHS emitters may also work)
LI-ion 14500 batteries (the Trustfires US sells are excellent quality for the money)
LI-ion battery charger

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »

You would also need different resistors because of the new battery set up or a buckpuck.

There are cheaper ways, so some searching around the web. We can only discuss US here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SWfan_Fictions
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 02:37:17 AM »

I got the same saber as a MB. Consular green looks great with it. Stunt saber, too. Im also looking for sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: