Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Time for a new saber  (Read 3466 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« on: February 11, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »

Hello

I am preparing a new saber. For "martial" issue, i am making a saber with a blade of about 80 cm and a hilt of about 60 cm. I am also searching for a little diameter hilt.

So, it will be a Aeon V2 with a 32" blade completed by an empty hilt of an Aeon V2 using a V2 coupler. There will be a blade plug to end the hilt.

Thanks to D7 for this idea Wink

Just a question for those who know: When you order an empty hilt, are the two retention screw included?

to finish my order, i just have to select the color of the blade ... I have already SRD and AB sabers .... so, i want a color that complete my collection nicely ... I hesitate between CG, GB and AV ...

Your thought please?? Does anybody here has SRD, AB and one of these three colors?? Can you provide me with a picture please??

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »

Hi Master Seb.  Here are some photos of the different stave combinations and with blade plug.  My suggestion regarding the empty hilt is to add in the order comments box to make sure to send the x2 retention screw.  Also they might be able to not drill that switch hole if it is not already done.  The av switch would look sleeker but might turn on and off easier and when you don't want it to.  Smiley

Will gather up some batteries and give you a look at the arctic blue and violet amethyst in these sabers.  My SRD is a loaded saber and therefore will overpower the stunts.  Can also provide CG and GB.  Those pics to be added later.

x2 Aeon v2 with coupler    Initiate    Initiate/coupler/Dominix  

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »

Hi Master Seb.  Here are some photos of the different stave combinations and with blade plug.  My suggestion regarding the empty hilt is to add in the order comments box to make sure to send the x2 retention screw.  Also they might be able to not drill that switch hole if it is not already done.  The av switch would look sleeker but might turn on and off easier and when you don't want it to.  Smiley

Thanks for these advices ... i will ask if it is possible to not drill the switch hole. If not, i will hide it with some customization Wink I will also add a commets for the screws.

Considering the switch, i think i will take an AV one because my hands slide a lot on the hilt Wink

Will gather up some batteries and give you a look at the arctic blue and violet amethyst in these sabers.  My SRD is a loaded saber and therefore will overpower the stunts.  Can also provide CG and GB.  Those pics to be added later.

x2 Aeon v2 with coupler    Initiate    Initiate/coupler/Dominix  

https://i.imgur.com/v6Nzaqi.jpg?2

https://i.imgur.com/CnURjnu.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/RFPKSHZ.jpg?2

Thanks a lot My Lady Wink

I can wait for purchasing to be sure about the color Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »

Here's more pics.  Sorry but am going to have to use some old ones now.  Think all the blades are UE.  Have a horrible flu and likely overdosing on ginger lol.  If you want to see more colors or better pics... likely will be feeling better tomorrow. Smiley

CG & VA    AB & AS with a yellow gel filter

Sun Rider's Destiny

GB/SRD/CG... best to look at the color from off the black board

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »

Here's more pics.  Sorry but am going to have to use some old ones now.  Think all the blades are UE.  Have a horrible flu and likely overdosing on ginger lol.  If you want to see more colors or better pics... likely will be feeling better tomorrow. Smiley

CG & VA    AB & AS with a yellow gel filter

https://i.imgur.com/lj7d1uZ.jpg?1

Sun Rider's Destiny

https://i.imgur.com/af0K4bj.jpg?1

GB/SRD/CG... best to look at the color from off the black board

https://i.imgur.com/JgHMDEM.jpg?2

Thanks ... these pictures help a lot Wink Consular Green seems to be awesome as a complement for AB and SRD Wink

And about that evil flu, hope you will be ok soon ... I also mix a lot of ginger in hot green tea when i am ill ... have many hugs Smiley

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »

Sorry for double posting but ...

... Order Placed  Grin

In Consular Green Wink

Hope it will be ok ... had an error message when i click on "place an order" but received an confirmation email that my order was placed ...

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »

Just have mail from the customers service and it will not possible to ship me an empty hilt without the switch hole ...

Does anybody here have some solutions to fill this hole? Thanks Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »

I was about to say Consular Green would be a nice finish too Tongue I might get an Aeon V2 LE at the convention in person in a week, just because that's a hilt I've never had before. I know its simple and I should go for something higher up but oh well. Thinking either Guardian Blue or Consular Green myself. I always have a hard time choosing saber colors as well, usually takes me a couple days before I make my final decision x.x So I feel you on that part. Like do I want another green blade or blue, or go evil Sith red, or something in between Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 08:23:07 AM »

I was about to say Consular Green would be a nice finish too Tongue

Thanks Zren Wink

Aeon V2 is a great hilt to me ... not prestigious but its lower diameter makes it the best hilt for dueling considering one hand styles (just my opinion). And i think that the point of balance is in a better place than the Initiate V2 (Once again, just my opinion).

The design is simple but i love it Tongue

Hope to post pictures soon (i am like an impatient kid since i placed my order lol )

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »

Shipped .... should be here on Monday ...

HAPPY I AM Smiley

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Woo hoo!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 09:50:05 PM »

11 days ... cool ...

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »

Can't wait to see your likely ongoing modifications.  Did you come up with ideas to best cover up that switch hole ?  Smiley

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

Can't wait to see your likely ongoing modifications.  Did you come up with ideas to best cover up that switch hole ?  Smiley

Not yet ... maybe with some strips ...

... i have to read some more topics here to feed my imagination Wink

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 07:39:11 AM »

I thought about strip/grip like that:

Do you think it can work?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: