Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sound cost  (Read 2565 times)
FlibbleJibblet
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

If you want to give; dark side points please.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

While i did post a link to this in the review section of the forum, you might find a video i recently did where i directly compared the Obsidian Vs Obsidian Lite helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8x5vMT7sk
Thanks, that solidified my view that full obsidian is wise if one can afford sound at all. Not sure if you’re collecting light or dark points though!

Current saber: none! :-(

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Hands down Arctic Blue over Guardian Blue in my eyes as it's just a more interesting, complex color. Especially in a regular (not Ultra Edge) blade. I have this on an Aeon V4 LE stunt saber myself and love it. I can vouch for the Initiate V4 being a nice alternative; same hilt only shorter. Pair with a 32-inch blade would balance well.

Another idea would be to get stunt sabers now and upgrade to sound later if necessary. My opinion vis a vis FoC or Tri Cree (applies to sound sabers only), go with FoC first saber(s) then maybe Tri down the road. These plain sabers running the main and mixed colors I've seen are plenty bright in both regular and UE medium blades using plain AAA cells. Not having FoC in a sound saber defeats the purpose in my book. Save Tri for a later favorite color in a spinning saber. For father -son combat it has to be FoC.

Eva_Fan
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 10:37:17 PM »

Thanks, that solidified my view that full obsidian is wise if one can afford sound at all. Not sure if you’re collecting light or dark points though!

Just glad i could help.

Dark Initiate V4 (with Full Obsidian & emerald driver)

FlibbleJibblet
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

If you want to give; dark side points please.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

While i did post a link to this in the review section of the forum, you might find a video i recently did where i directly compared the Obsidian Vs Obsidian Lite helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8x5vMT7sk

What a small world... I saw a guy at my second visit to my local saberclub and asked him about his saber as I had suspicions it may be the first emerald I've seen in the real world, and it was. I was sure I'd seen him before, but knew he wasn't there when I last attended, so figured I was wrong.
It was only just now when looking through the club's facebook posts and clicking a video review link from him thinking "I've watched this before" that it finally clicked in my slow mind that "him" is you!
Hello.

Current saber: none! :-(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: