Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Colors for diamond  (Read 2648 times)
Theorus Morkat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« on: February 12, 2018, 12:11:17 AM »

Does anyone know the color values for the blade colors like DVA, PO, SRD, VA? If I get a diamond saber (which I’m mostl likely doing since rush shipping isn’t as expensive as it was during the holidays) is like to know how to get the true colors offered, I’ve been playing with the launcher and it looks like I would have to eyeball it, and that would bug me immensely

Owned:
Standard issue v3 Violet Amethyst
Dark sentinel CG (MB)
Bellicose diamond FIRST PRESET BR PULSE PO, SILVER FoC

Wishlist:
Consular- tri green, premium sound
Sentinel v4 LE ,windowed,Premium Sound SRD
Emperor’s hand, diamond

Light side points please

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »

How about this? http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17602.0

And for more general colorizations, this? https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »

You're probably going to have to eyeball it anyway... at least a little.
I'd use those settings as a starting place. The LEDs used can vary a bit from batch to batch, so the same SRD setting might look completely different on two different sabers.

Also, I'd try some lower power settings, with the same ratios, just to see what they do. Sure, brighter is often better. But my go-to example here is a Violet flicker that I made that has a peak RGBA value of 25, 0, 50, 18 (60ms PW, or 16.667 Hz). Yes, it's about 36% the power of a single LED, and about 12% of the max of what those three LEDs are capable of, but I like the way it looks.  

Have yet to try this on a RGBW setup, as my wife isn't a fan of flickering blades... Anyway, the effect that the lower power on the LEDs gives it looks (to me at least) to be emitting higher in the UV spectrum than it actually is.

It's also nice to have a setting I like that doesn't blast through neighbors blinds like a searchlight when I want to go outside and practice in the middle of the night.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »

DaddyFlip's first link should do the trick.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »

Just to offer another possible data point, I tried to decipher the colors recently using the launcher and other sources.  My extremely verbose and possibly useless write up is here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37764.0

As mentioned above, tweaking the settings from the presets to suit your own preferences is fun too.  Like you, however, I wanted to at least attempt to find out what the standard settings were.  Take it for what you will.  Enjoy your Diamond saber when you get it, I've already ordered two more!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: