Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4864 times)
Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »

Hey eveyone how are you?
Joined yesterday but been dreaming about an Ultra Saber for quite a while now. I recently got a decent bonus at work and planned to buy my dream saber but life had other plans.

I got the itch real bad when I thought I was gonna get to buy one. While reading an searching the site I found out about grab bags and mystery boxes. Problem is which one? Grab bag will get me a stunt saber with heavy duty blade for $70. Mystery box will get me stunt saber with heavy blade for $85 with a chance of getting sound or more.  

In know either way I will be happy with what I get. Even if I were able to buy my dream saber I would still want a second one to have for when friends are over. So for me it’s the decision of wether or not I should buy a $15 lottery ticket haha.

Anyways that what brought me here to the forum. I look forward to reading and taking with you guys more. So far from what I have read this looks like a fun forum

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:49 PM »

Hey there Metal Mech,

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

A grab bag would allow you to choose your blade colour. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »

Hello and welcome   Smiley

Tough choice; thus far I've ordered two Mystery Boxes, both Sentinel LE hilts (which I love), the second I really lucked out with as it had Premium Sound!  Regardless, both Mystery Boxes were more than worth it IMO.

But LR is right: with the Grab bag, you can have some choice in the matter  Wink. Nevertheless, MB or GB, it's a wonderful way to get a great saber  Cheesy

If I may suggest: peruse the other threads in the forum, especially the Saber Artistry & Combat, Costumes, and Fan Fiction sections.  Some excellent threads are there   Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »

Thanks for the reply’s guys. I am aware that you can choose color on grab bag but I actually don’t care. I kinda like the idea of total randomness. Plus beyond my dream saber I have no clue what I would want for a second one so the GB and MB just make good sense for me.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum

If you don't care what color you get and you do want a chance at sound, go for the MB.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:36 PM »

Welcome! I do think, in your case, the mystery box is worth the premium, if only because (almost?) every MB gets shipped with an AV switch, and that's generally regarded as the more comfortable option for duelling.

Whichever way you go, I'm confident you'll be pleased with your investment Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

I'm not a gambling man but since the MB opens up a massive amount of possibilities compared to the GB I guess in your position I'd go MB. I've seen way too many people pull out sabers worth $300+ to not give it a go.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:15:04 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 11:21:24 PM »

welcome to the forums from the Jedi Council of America.
I can only repeat what's been said. grab bag if you want a certain color, MB for something a little nicer (upgraded switch) and possible chance of a high end or sound saber (or both)

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:33:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Personally I would get the mystery box.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:32 PM »

Welcome to the forum. My opinion is to with the MB. Not only do you have a chance to get sound but you can even get a premium hilt without sound. Have seen an Archon, Chosen One, and others in $75 boxes without sound. Have never seen a premium hilt like that in a GB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:50 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums; Glad to have you with us. Good luck on your choice. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:45 AM »

Welcome. I've seen you around a bit already, so you are probably getting pretty familiar with the Forums already, but if you have a question, feel free to ask. We do ask that you first try using the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to find any answers you can, but if you can't find what you are looking for, ask away. Someone will quickly come along and help out.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 01:38:00 AM »

Thank for all the responses guys. I have been spending some time around the forum. Finding some interesting discussion about Star Wars to keep me busy till my saber arrives.

Also I can see the addiction level now. I only ever wanted two sabers total. Now that I see all the possibilities I want more. Even a staff which I was never interested in before.

Luckily my budget should keep me from going crazy. Well in theory haha.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: