Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Upgraded my Bane. Went from Ligtht side to Dark side.  (Read 5899 times)
shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« on: November 12, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »

Greetings All

Hope your all doing well. Anyways since the release of the new soundboard with the Flash on Clash feature I figure now would be a good time to upgrade the first Ultra Saber I ever brought which would be my stunt Bane Saber. Got this saber when it was on sale during the Spring.

The Specs for it were

Blade Color: Arctic Blue   
Battery Setup: Standard
Sound: None
No Quick Disconnect

Now out of my all the sabers in my arsenal this was the one I used the least. Heck when I send it in, it still had the original batteries that it came with. Which should give you an idea on how little action it saw. Reason why is because I felt the blade color did not go with the saber. (I picked the color because blue is one of my favorite color)  And I was a saber noob at the time and did not know what quick disconnect was until after I got the saber so I was out of luck there.

9 months or so later New soundboard is released and I figure now would be a good time to send the saber in for some upgrades. So I contacted Deep Last Weekend to see if it can be done. Which he said it can and so I send the saber in on Monday.

New Specs are

Blade Color: Blazing Red with Orange Clash (Wanted something subtle)
Li-ion Setup
Obsidian Sound with Red AV Switch
And Quick Disconnect- in case if I ever want to use my DVA MLS Unit in the saber

Shipping:
I shipped out the saber on Monday and it got to US's shop Wednesday afternoon and they made the changes and shipped out Thursday afternoon and it got to my house today, SATURDAY Nov 12, 2011 by Fed Ex. Which was awesome.

The new look really suits the saber and flash on clash is a nice effect and if your planning to get Blazing Red and looking for a clash color to go along with it that is subtle then orange would be a good choice.

Anyways here some pics

A Before Pics, My Bane next to my RGB Belicose

Hmm Upgrades. =D

Now I know many of you were hoping for a video to show the clash. In which I hopefully can make a recording when I have practice again with my friends next week. So you'll just have to wait and see. =D

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:55 PM »

Noice!

I really do enjoy the bane.

Can't wait to see the clash. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »

If you can do a vid on the Foc it would be nice.  I was hoping to start a new thread named something like "Primary Colors with FoC colors (you get the idea).  Anyway it would be for people to see what the different primary blade colors would look like with different FoC colors.  since I think you got the first FoC-ing saber (Maybe Navajas) why don't either one of you start the new thread???

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 06:05:50 AM »

Nice Wink!!!

I Plan On Getting Another Bane Soon Wink!!!

With An Obsidian Soundboard, Red AV Switch... DVA Main LED Color, With Quick Disconnects Wink!!!

Soon... Very Soon... Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Amplus Vir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »

In my eyes the bane is a dark sided sabre... looks great

I am a grey Jedi. I do not owe my allegiance to the Republic or the Empire.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »

Nice Wink!!!

I Plan On Getting Another Bane Soon Wink!!!

With An Obsidian Soundboard, Red AV Switch... DVA Main LED Color, With Quick Disconnects Wink!!!

Soon... Very Soon... Wink!!!

Good call, since I have your old one!  It's a cool hilt too, perfect for anyone looking for a good simple two handed saber.  As much as I hate to see somebody fall to the Dark Side, I gotta give you props - red looks awesome on the Bane  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »

So for a more movie flash on clash go with orange then? Since its actually yellow/amber anyway.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »

You're Bane V2 looks much better than your V1.  The red works much better than the blue I think.  Also, that is amazing turn around time. Less than a week?  I am very impressed!
Congrats on your newish saber!  I hope it gets more use than it did, haha.

Darth Ravin
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 12:09:01 AM »

You better be bringing this to practice tomorrow! I HAVE to see this one.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »

i like the red on it alot!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »

Guess I'm in the minority, I actually like the look of a Bane in blue. I've actually thought of wielding one myself.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 04:37:03 AM »

Guess I'm in the minority, I actually like the look of a Bane in blue. I've actually thought of wielding one myself.

No your not. Grin

Mine is in AB and I love it. It's the Claymore of US. lol

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:41 AM »

No your not. Grin

Mine is in AB and I love it. It's the Claymore of US. lol

Glad I'm not the only one!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

shyguy3000
Knight Major

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »

Thanks everyone for sharing your views and opinions

Anyways as promise here little demo video me testing out flash on clash feature with my friend. I think its save to say that flash is a little too subtle. And basically if you want the flash to be able to get pick up by the camera your safest bet would be to go with sliver or any bright color that is available

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gdNZiSZjM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gdNZiSZjM</a>

More over the run time of the saber has definitely shorten compare to the older board running with two Li-ion Battery cells. I want to say it last for about an hour at the most. Can't too be exact since I forgot to track the time. But yeah My DVA Dominix V3 was still running when the bane decided to flip out and die

And the way you know your battery is about to die in the saber is not very subtle too

First the sound basically goes way low or low to the point where you can't even hear it

The second if you have a AV the LED on that goes off

Third The main LED (in my case it would be blazing red) goes off and I was basically left with the orange flickering wildly before it officially died

When I first saw this occurring I thought my saber was busted since it was not like the usual flicker that you would get if you have li-ion setup on your saber. But yeah I just put in a new battery and it was back to normal.

Anyway hope that helps. and give u a idea on what might occur if you have the new sound board and the battery is about to die.     

shyguy3000
Knight Major

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »

*edit* I will most likely do another test run tomorrow and see how long the battery truly does last. =D

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: