Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: Schisms: The Vhal'Dan Civil War  (Read 77476 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 02:50:49 AM »

Galtea certainly sounds like a beautiful world…however given the title of the series is civil war…don’t expect it to stay that way for much longer….Some strong natural defences in terms of its position in the galaxy…
“it had the distinct provenance of being located in a rare triangulation of three massive pulsars, which limited hyperspace travel to one point of egress.”
Hmm only one way in also means only one way out….
What a deep connection Saani and Kazic have…makes one wonder if it can theoretically be developed between any two force users who grow accustomed to each other, or are some relationships more empowered to serve as a bridge than others?

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 12:31:55 PM »

Does my word selection really cause such vexation and the need for learning? *chuckles*  Again, I am humbled and honored, you as well do me a magnanimous obeisance.  Wink

Once again, the Aethans show the magnitude of their evolved advantages, with this glimpse into the curiosity of the advanced mind play of a child, pre-teen ( Wink ), is a refreshing, and fun addition to the lore.  I wonder, where will this lead, and how does she play into the later events we are already delved well into elsewhere... 

Not to undervalue this revelation fest of the Vhal'Dan, the prosperous home world, the natural beauty it clearly shows at this stage, yet we know that later the Vhal'Dan find M'tzigon to be the paradise...  Queries flaring to life and rushing out into expanses of waiting, wondering at the connections that bring the two disparate ideas into union...
Galtea certainly sounds like a beautiful world…however given the title of the series is civil war…don’t expect it to stay that way for much longer….Some strong natural defences in terms of its position in the galaxy…
“it had the distinct provenance of being located in a rare triangulation of three massive pulsars, which limited hyperspace travel to one point of egress.”
Hmm only one way in also means only one way out….
What a deep connection Saani and Kazic have…makes one wonder if it can theoretically be developed between any two force users who grow accustomed to each other, or are some relationships more empowered to serve as a bridge than others?

Let's just say that you both are picking up on foreshadowing for the future  Grin

And nicely done!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »

Amazingly descriptive!  But as Illyiss said, this isn't holding with what we've seen of the Vahl'Dan in the "present".

And I loved the nod.  "Odjina’s ‘Treatise Confirming the Maker.’” indeed!  ;-)  Probably the book that got them expelled from the Jedi Order.  LOL

I love the scene, but I have a bad feeling about this...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDrunkenConsular
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 44

Light Side

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 02:13:10 AM »

The Collected Poems of Illyiss must indeed be a marvelous time!

I greatly enjoyed this one so far, can't wait to see where it goes!

Who says red is only for the bad guys?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 06:24:34 AM »

Just catching up on this, and it is glorious. A few things from the last chapters. An Aethan could easily be a bad sign, but the use of that totem was masterfully done. Like the others have said, the "Collected Poems of Illyiss" was a great nod. I love when you directly incorporate the rest of us into your stories. Also I agree with Karm, "Odjina's Treatise Confirming the Maker" could definitely be part of the reason for the Mak'Tor expulsion.

But this particular line I though was very very good. "Don't look back; you're not going that way". While meant in some ways as a joke, the truth to that statement cannot be denied. Very well done.

Also, y'all make me feel small. 5'11" and ~180lbs (though admittedly, I've not quit growing yet).  Cheesy

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 07:20:19 PM »

Chapter 3: Troubled Horizons

Vhal’Dan Congress
Baransu no Kage: Arkady Cyne
 Arbiter: Anson D’Aklon
  Council of Balance:
  1st Speaker: Kazic Ovarug
  2nd Speaker: Saani K’aval
  3rd Speaker: Pytir Danisen
  4th Speaker: J’Nessah Raanh
  5th Speaker: Corvus Watashi
  6th Speaker: Auryn Kerosin’e
  7th Speaker: Sarith Tovar

“And you say that Kimar had the truth suppressed?  That the situation is much more…dire than reports would indicate?” Kage Arkady’s inquisitive tone held no antagonism, just plain curiosity.  

“That’s correct Kage.”  Anson’s clear voice rang in the Hall of Balance, the handsome Arbiter having come directly from his mission to Coruscant to gather intel on a reported attack on the Jedi.  There’d even been rumors that the Temple itself had been penetrated, the Order decimated.  The truth turned out to be far more intriguing, if confusing.  Anson continued.  “While I was on-planet, the locals were fervent with gossip, much of it having the taste of truth while some…even if they were rumors, I think that it should act as a compass for the Vhal’Dan.  The level of violence was beyond what Coruscant has known since the New Sith Wars and the Ruusan Reformation.”  The tanned, muscular Jedi master paused for effect.  “I believe that it is time for the Order to implement war-time procedures.”  Looking around the Council, seven sets of eyes staring directly at Anson, the Arbiter glared at them each in turn before turning his brown eyes towards the Kage.  “We need to fully militarize, suspending any and all activities not specifically dedicated to our defenses.”

Even as a restricted session, the collected Vhal’Dan Gray masters were present; as such, the spectators numbered over 700.  While they only whispered, the amassed murmurs of the entire audience sounded loud in the Hall of Balance, the gathered masters interested and worried considering the news that the human Arbiter had brought.  Which is exactly what Anson had intended.

And Arkady knew it.  Grim determination on his face, the Kage spoke.  “Even if your ‘suggestion’ wasn’t out of line with the decorum of this august body, the fact that you think that this no longer merits further investigation is proof that you’ve already made up your mind, Arbiter.”  Like a cool salve on a burn, the Kage’s deliberate tone and calming words quieted the assemblage.  “Master Anson, I would invite for you to remain after these proceedings are completed.”  Unlike the Arbiter, the Kage was an expert at circumspection and tact but every single master in attendance recognized the chastisement for what it was, subtle or no.

That included Anson.  Red-faced, the Arbiter’s jaw clenched, the muscles of his jowls rippling in the soft light of the Hall.  Regardless, he sat and nodded his head at Arkady, deferring to his Kage.  Magnanimous in victory, the Kage turned to the seven gathered Gray masters that made up the Vhal’Dan Council of Balance.  “Speakers, I would recommend that we table these talks until we have a Congressional closed session consisting of the Council, the Arbiter, and myself alone.”  Arkady’s blue eyes were piercing as his gruff voice echoed within the Hall.

As First Speaker, Kazic stood.  In theory, “First Speaker” was supposed to be just that: first to talk among equals.  The reality of the matter was that the position was really just a half-step below that of Arbiter; some even whispered that—in Kazic’s case—his standing as First Speaker put him at equal footing with Anson.

Kazic disabused everyone of those notions.  He’d made it clear to every single person that he was subordinate to Anson in his capacity of Arbiter and that he had no designs to ascend to the office…at least while his friend occupied it.  His red eyes intent upon Arkady, Kazic intoned, “Kage, Arbiter, fellow Council members.  I call this session to a close.  Go in Balance.”  As the assembled masters departed—some more reluctant than others—the seven Speakers of the Council sat in collective silence.  As soon as the doors closed, leaving only the nine members of the Vhal’Dan Congress, all of the Jedi began speaking, voices rising, often trying to talk over one another.  Only two people did not speak: Arkady and Anson.

Both men sat staring at one another upon the raised central dais, not maliciously but then again not genially either.  And as the Speakers of the Council descended into a cacophony of shouting, the Kage finally stood, speaking a single word amplified with the Force.  “ENOUGH.”

After the noise of the arguments, the silence was deafening.  “We are supposed to represent the best that the Vhal’Dan has to offer.  Please at least try to act like it, Speakers.”  The Kage only paused briefly, reasonably certain that the Council had been suitably castigated.  He slowly inhaled, continuing.  “Now.  After everything that Anson has told us, from Vyth to Coruscant, the Jedi deaths, the civilian terrorism, and even Kimar’s desperate measures, I would ask that you listen to the Arbiter in full.  Then, and only then, will I hear from each of you in turn.”  Arkady looked at Anson.  “Arbiter?”

Anson looked up from steepled fingers, his raptor-like gaze looking around.  Finally he stood, first stepping down from the dais and then slowly pacing around the semi-circular arrangement of chairs.  “Kage, Speakers, I cannot stress to you the…brutality of the violence that Coruscant is overwhelmed by, the savagery that the Jedi encountered.  We’ve all seen battles, some of us have even experienced war…” He nodded to Arkady, Kazic, and Saani before continuing, “…but what I saw on Coruscant was beyond gruesome.  The Jedi were killed indiscriminately, often times dying before they knew that they were under attack.  Numerous guerrilla attacks, usually from the most unlikely of persons.  There were even known pacifists that had somehow been turned into indiscriminate killers!”  That last especially hit home, Anson could tell.  “The Jedi made a critical error: hubris.”  Anson’s face was impassive but his eyes held passion.  “They thought that they were prepared.  They thought that they understood the ‘rules’ of war.  It was a slaughter.  And Kimar would have everyone believe that he was in control over everything at all times.  This is nothing but a bold-faced lie.”  Anson directed his eyes straight at the Kage.  “The Jedi forgot: the only ‘rule’ in war is to kill your enemy, in any way, at any time, so that your enemy is no more.”

Anson stared again at each master in turn.  “The Jedi thought that they were infallible, that their dogma somehow elevated them past such mortal concerns.  But they died just as easily and just as quickly as porgs to the slaughter.”  Finally, he looked at Arkady.  “And the most unbelievable rumor that I heard whispered in the bowels of the underlevels: they were set upon by a small group of incredibly powerful Force-sensitives.  The Jedi’s numbers counted for nothing!” The last came out as a shout, one that evidently surprised even the Arbiter.

Collecting himself, Anson’s voice became much softer.  “Earlier this year, Master Kazic and myself were on a mission to establish favorable relations with the outcast Mak’Tor Order.  To say that we were successful is an understatement.  But it was during that time that I first learned of the Massacre at Vyth.”  The only Vhal’Dan that knew of Vyth were the ones currently in the Hall but no one else.  “Kage Li‘I’Mack was emphatic: the Mak’Tor of Vyth had been killed by two extremely powerful Sith, the sole survivor a girl who could barely be counted as a ‘youngling!’”  He shook his head, a strange look upon his face.  “…extremely powerful…”

Anson’s head sank, his chin resting upon his chest, his next words quiet as if speaking to himself.  “I don’t know what is worse to contemplate – that the attacks on Vyth and Coruscant were carried out by the same group…or if it was two different groups…”  Recalling himself to the present, his jaw firmed in conviction.  “…Either way we must be prepared!  Research and history is important but with something out there that has already attacked both the Mak’Tor and the Jedi where they felt strongest…well, the time for peaceful endeavors is over!”  Anson’s voice rose in exclamation and assurance, eyes scrutinizing every Speaker before settling finally upon the Kage.  “Kage, the Vhal’Dan must be as strong as possible to repel this threat.  I vote that anything that does not aid us towards that end should be considered superfluous, including some personal liberties.  The survival of our Order supersedes the needs of the individual.”  Slowly rising from his seat, Arkady spoke in a measured, soft voice.

“Thank you Arbiter.  Now, I would have each of your opinions concerning this event.  Anson is convinced that they are related but offers no such proof aside from the fact that the attacks were allegedly perpetrated by Force-users of unbelievable power.  Furthermore, he demands that we reform the Vhal’Dan as a police state.”  The short, bald man looked at Kazic, addressing him.  “First Speaker, what say you?”

Standing his full height, Kazic spoke slowly.  “Kage…I think that the Vhal’Dan should make preparations.”  The Anzati master held up his hands to his fellow Council members to prevent the disputes he knew to be coming.  “But conditionally: we should not neglect our duties as researchers or educators.  We are Gray, first and foremost; warriors second.  As such, we should continue in those capacities, moreso now than ever as the Jedi Order sits on unstable foundation.  Furthermore, I believe that the Arbiter is correct in cultivating a strong alliance with the Mak’Tor; I have seen the results from their Singers and they are extraordinary to say the least.”  

Kazic then looked at the Speakers who had voiced opposition to Anson’s call to militarization.  “But let us not forget: we are warriors.  We should never fall into the same trappings of complacency that have laid the Jedi low.  I vote that we prepare ourselves and not just ‘nominally.’  Let us work our apprentices in their training, giving our adept Jedi mastery.  Let us stay vigilant against this unknown foe while we continue to improve in the ways of the Force.  Moreover, let us see to it that Galtea is secure; in fact, I vote that we quadruple the Golan Defense presence at the hyperlane terminus.”  Kazic received many sounds of assent with each point, growing in volume with every suggestion.

But then, deliberately, the Anzati master went rigidly still, crossing his arms.  “But I cannot—will not—support full militarization in that such a directive would impugn upon the individual liberties of our Jedi.  And I, for one, refuse to allow the Vhal’Dan become a ‘reactionary rabble afraid of it’s own shadow’ as Kimar has seen fit to do with the Jedi.  We are strong because of our freedoms.  And we should always remain so, especially in the face of adversity.”

As he sat down, he saw that several Speakers had been persuaded…while others had not.  And going down the list—from 2nd Speaker to 7th Speaker—each one was given an opportunity to address the matter from their point of view.  Saani K’aval.  Pytir Danisen.  J’Nessah Raanh.  Auryn Kerosin’e.  Corvus Watashi.  Sarith Tovar.  And while they voiced disparate views using different contentions and differing words, they fell alongside the two most common positions: Anson’s call for full martial implementation or Kazic’s recommendation for moderation.  The ballots cast, the Kage called out the results.

Reading the names from the poll upon his datapad, Arkady’s strong voice resounded throughout the Hall.  “For militarization: Arbiter Anson D’Aklon, 3rd Speaker Pytir Danisen, 4th Speaker J’Nessah Raanh, 6th Speaker Auryn Kerosin’e.  For moderation: 1st Speaker Kazic Ovarug, 2nd Speaker Saani K’aval, 5th Speaker Corvus Watashi, 7th Speaker Sarith Tovar.”  As he finished, the Speakers looked from one another to the Arbiter and finally to the Kage.

A tie.

Which meant… “In such an event, I, Kage Arkady Cyne, shall cast the deciding vote.”  The stature of the short human was belied by his immense presence and strength in the Force.  “I vote for moderation.  The Vhal’Dan will make the necessary preparations Master Ovarug has proposed; please see to it, Speakers.”

Looking around the chamber, the Kage nodded, intoning.  “This concludes these deliberations.”  While the Council members remained for several moments to discuss some of the minutiae of the proceedings, Anson left without so much as a word or a backwards glance…

<<<<< >>>>>

Alone in his quarters, Anson sat cross-legged in his Meditation Vestibule.  He’d doffed his light gray robes, wearing only a sleeveless tunic and pair of hakama, exposing his muscular arms and calves.  And while not necessary for the ceremony, he’d lit several candles, the sole sources of illumination around the room.

His brow furrowed, Anson’s concentration deepened as he attempted to wade in the currents of the Force, hopefully granting him elucidation and knowledge.  Checking his anchor a final time—a holopic of him, Kazic, Saani, and Anson’s former teacher, Master Varel’Zo—Anson began Flow-walking in the hope of gaining insight from the future.

As a young teidowan, Anson had been apprenticed to Master Gray Varel’Zo, a rare Aang-Tii in the Vhal’Dan.  And while his mental Force abilities weren’t as strong as say Kazic’s, Anson had demonstrated an almost singular talent with Flow-walking.  The Force ability allowed one to see into the depths of the past or even glimpse the far-flung future.  Flow-walking was alike to Force Precognition but also vastly dissimilar: it allowed the practitioner to witness events of either the past or the present but they could not alter the events directly.  Instead, Flow-walking allowed the perception of the walker themselves to change, to be influenced.

Anson gave an inward smile in remembrance of learning that.  He’d asked Master Varel’Zo how that was any different from Force Precognition whereas the venerable master cryptically replied, “Exactly.”

But Anson wanted, no needed, answers.  The others could be forgiven for not recognizing the sinister implications of the news that he brought, but he’d been especially wounded by Kazic’s apparent unfaithfulness.  How could he side with that blind fool Arkady?  And against him, his own brother-in-arms?!  Gritting his teeth, Anson focused upon his task, searching the currents as they swept him ever onward in Time.

Coalescing from the streams, he searched for anything that affected the Vhal’Dan collectively.  And while murky at first, portraits and scenes began to emerge showing him what he wanted to know.  And to his horror, he saw that he was right to be concerned.

A panorama of violence assaulted his eyes, the sounds of explosions, the cries of pain, the lamentation of death pierced his ears, the pain of loss and frustration filled his mind as ever faster each sight filled him with dread.  

The Vhal’Dan would be—had been—attacked, killed, annihilated.  Galtea would be—had been—destroyed, nothing left of either the beautiful ecosystem nor the majestic cities.  As Anson flowed from one current to another, his mind raced at the possible cause. …Those…incredibly powerful Force-users… It must be them, he knew it to be them.  He must—

Suddenly, a blinding flash of complete and utter black stillness diverted his Flow, the currents bisecting as they strove to run around the Void.  Even as Anson looked beyond into the Future and saw…nothing…nothing at all…he knew that there was now a fork in the Flow of Time.  And while he could not see exactly the ways, he knew—knew—that in one Flow, the Vhal’Dan would survive, greatly diminished but they would survive, a small but indelibly stronger Order; while in the direction of the other Flow lay…oblivion.

…No… He thought, anger, fear, and aggravation filling him.  …No…it cannot be… Either loss or…extermination…?!  And always in the center of everything: the Void.  Anson knew that the Void represented…something paramount, something…colossal.

But he knew not what, nor what it portended.

With a soul-jarring sensation, Anson opened his eyes, inhaling as if he’d finally broke the surface of the lake he’d been swimming—drowning—in, taking great gulping breaths of air.  Slowly, he willed his heart to stop hammering in his chest, the sweat pouring from his face from exertion.  Looking around the room to find some semblance of familiarity, of peace.  As he eased his breathing, he began to calm down.

And, in time, clarity came to him.  He needed to talk to those Council members that had voted with him.  He would have to be careful.  Deliberate.  Protracted.  But certain.

He knew how to save the Vhal’Dan, even if only a remnant remained, it would be he—Arbiter Anson D’Aklon—who would save them.

And as he thought, plans within plans began to take shape, always towards that future that guaranteed that the Vhal’Dan survived.

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 07:43:59 PM »

I love the imagery you've invoked in this passage.  The split council, the tie-breaking vote, the personal betrayal ... all leading to a fateful decision.
And humming  in the background, the question: Was the decision the cause?  Or the effect?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »

This is quite possibly the best chapter you have ever written. Maybe not the favorite, but I think truly your best to date (at least from what I've read so far. I've yet to catch up on the other stories). You can feel the desperation in Anson's voice as he speaks to the council. He knows what needs to be done, even if not exactly how. I have to say, as much as people thought it was "boring" and "slow" and "annoying" and a "waste of time" for the prequels to have all the politics in them, I disagree. I thought it was awesome to see how the Republic worked, and it was interesting as well. Yes it was all of those things at times, but it was also a major part of what the Republic was at that time. It was definitely necessary. And so seeing that same type of thing here was wonderful. It may not be the exciting part of SW, but it is still a major part of it. And you portray in incredibly. But then immediately going into Anson's meditation, and explaining the Flow-walking, and showing what he sees, and how he can influence the Vahl'Dan to either survival or extinction was wonderfully done. Well done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »

Don’t stare into the void lest it stare into you maybe?

Always in motion is the future….Flow walking is very dangerous (just ask Jacen Solo…)…especially for events you are going to play a part in…you’re knowledge of the future changes how you react in the present…again changing the future…a race you can never win and a puzzle you can never solve…If Anson is relying on this kind of technique to probe the future...

For now the vote is tied…but future events may push that balance…and as per the laws of physics the more one side pushes…the more the other will push back.

Cool inclusion of the Aang Tii btw...a very different perspective.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 11:45:51 PM »

LOL   This flow walking sounds a little like creating a "fixed point in time" in Dr. Who....   

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 02:52:10 AM »

So here we have the danger of a council of individualists, leading a group of the same; that in a vote so split, those not on the winning side cling to their cause, and not yield to the victor.  Without the unity of acceptance, a crack will form, and perhaps from that crack, division, and from division, conflict.  Fear is a strong motivator, to be certain, but as a strong emotion, it counters reason, suppresses rational thought, and leads those in it's grips to ever increasing acts to fight it off...

Darth Pandćmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 12:21:03 PM »

This is quite possibly the best chapter you have ever written. Maybe not the favorite, but I think truly your best to date (at least from what I've read so far. I've yet to catch up on the other stories). You can feel the desperation in Anson's voice as he speaks to the council. He knows what needs to be done, even if not exactly how. I have to say, as much as people thought it was "boring" and "slow" and "annoying" and a "waste of time" for the prequels to have all the politics in them, I disagree. I thought it was awesome to see how the Republic worked, and it was interesting as well. Yes it was all of those things at times, but it was also a major part of what the Republic was at that time. It was definitely necessary. And so seeing that same type of thing here was wonderful. It may not be the exciting part of SW, but it is still a major part of it. And you portray in incredibly. But then immediately going into Anson's meditation, and explaining the Flow-walking, and showing what he sees, and how he can influence the Vahl'Dan to either survival or extinction was wonderfully done. Well done.
Thanks TR!  I have to say: politics doesn't have to be boring and I agree with you  Smiley

Don’t stare into the void lest it stare into you maybe?

Always in motion is the future….Flow walking is very dangerous (just ask Jacen Solo…)…especially for events you are going to play a part in…you’re knowledge of the future changes how you react in the present…again changing the future…a race you can never win and a puzzle you can never solve…If Anson is relying on this kind of technique to probe the future...

For now the vote is tied…but future events may push that balance…and as per the laws of physics the more one side pushes…the more the other will push back.

Cool inclusion of the Aang Tii btw...a very different perspective.

Yes LSG, Nietzsche would definitely be interested in Anson (and wonderful, indeed ironic, joke  Wink).

Thanks!  The Aang-Tii are interestingl and criminally underutilized IMO  Wink

I love the imagery you've invoked in this passage.  The split council, the tie-breaking vote, the personal betrayal ... all leading to a fateful decision.
And humming  in the background, the question: Was the decision the cause?  Or the effect?
...Which of course is the heart of contention  Wink. Thanks Karm!

So here we have the danger of a council of individualists, leading a group of the same; that in a vote so split, those not on the winning side cling to their cause, and not yield to the victor.  Without the unity of acceptance, a crack will form, and perhaps from that crack, division, and from division, conflict.  Fear is a strong motivator, to be certain, but as a strong emotion, it counters reason, suppresses rational thought, and leads those in it's grips to ever increasing acts to fight it off...
...And this is why I need to include more passages from the "Collected Works of Illyiss"

Just...sublime sir  Wink

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »

Thanks TR!  I have to say: politics doesn't have to be boring and I agree with you  Smiley
Yes LSG, Nietzsche would definitely be interested in Anson (and wonderful, indeed ironic, joke  Wink).

Thanks!  The Aang-Tii are interestingl and criminally underutilized IMO  Wink
...Which of course is the heart of contention  Wink. Thanks Karm!
...And this is why I need to include more passages from the "Collected Works of Illyiss"

Just...sublime sir  Wink

Apparently, I need minor funding to be able to write a bunch of these and keep you all supplied.  LOL Wink

Darth Pandćmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »

Apparently, I need minor funding to be able to write a bunch of these and keep you all supplied.  LOL Wink
Now that's a fund that I would GLADLY contribute to!

TheDrunkenConsular
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 44

Light Side

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »

This is getting very interesting!

Who says red is only for the bad guys?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: