Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: Schisms: The Vhal'Dan Civil War  (Read 77461 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »

Yes, everything Karm and LSG said. Though I have to admit, as soon as Valens told Kazic that he would have to give him control, I knew he would. I've read to many stories where that type of decision is made. Doesn't stop me from thinking that it will end up being the wrong decision. Once again, you have flawlessly incorporated a race that shouldn't be able to exist, but somehow does. I think that is what really makes LSG's "People" stand out above all else. That story shouldn't work, shouldn't fit in with the rest of SW, but somehow he makes it. Well done TD.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »

Chapter 19: Absolute War-Opening Salvos, Part I

As the impressive armored double-hull of the Gungnïr silently orbited in geosynch above Vhal’Ulhadv, the rest of Anson’s armada were arranged in three battlegroups behind the flagship.  Consisting of almost forty ships, each battlegroup consisted of a Centurion-class battlecruiser, two heavy/tactical Valor II-class attack frigates, four Gladiator-class destroyers, three Carrack-class light cruisers, and a supply ship.  Additionally, four Dreadnought-class heavy cruisers supplemented the three battlegroups as needed.  Within the Republic, the Vhal’Dan Fleet was a force to be reckoned with, and one that was more than adequately capable of defending itself against all known antagonists.

Unfortunately for them, they knew nothing of the Aethans; not their armament, not their tactics, not their names, not even of their collective existence.

That was about to change, and violently.

Standing on the bridge of the Gungnïr, Admiral Dorn Stradun, Gray Jedi Master and 7th Speaker of Anson’s Congress had awoken feeling as if his head had been stomped on by a Bantha.  He’d had to take two seda-pills first to fight the headache followed by a stim-pill to get him feeling half-way normal.  Even now, cradling a hot cup of kaf, he still felt somewhat sluggish yet tense.

Of course, given that the Civil War had been going on for the better part of a year, just about everyone on both sides were feeling the oppressiveness of battle.  Still…he felt strange.  Not quite like his Force Precognition usually came on but…almost an itch that he couldn’t quite reach.

Easing his shoulders, Dorn ran his callused hand through his closely cropped white hair.  He would head to his meditation chambers just as soon as he finished the morning’s kaf, he promised himself.  Inhaling slowly, he walked over to the large transparisteel window that serviced the bridge.

“Admiral?” Dorn turned his head, looking down to the communications yeoman.  In her hand was a datapad interface showing the ship’s vitals.  Even as he glanced at it, he noticed that there was a…flicker on the screen.

“Report.”  He gave his full attention, his headache suddenly gone.  The yeoman handed Dorn the datapad.

“Sir, we keep getting momentary sensor blips originating from z-axis coordinates , only to ghost out when we switch from passive to active.”  Her blond hair was in a tight, smart bun, her blue eyes intelligent and perceptive.  In other words: a consummate professional.  Dorn could automatically eliminate the possibility that she was suffering from battlefatigue or the like.

“Have you performed spectral scans along the dorsal azimuth?”  Always best to err on the side of caution.

“Aye, sir.  Including IR, UV, gamma, and microwave.”  For being perplexed, her demeanor was steadfast.

Usually having done that, any other commander would have dismissed such as a consequence of the potent Galtean sun.  But Dorn hadn’t gotten to his position on the wings of apathy.  “Yeoman, man the sensors.  Helm: get us within visual range of the ‘ghosts.’  I’d like to see for myself just what in the Maker-damned hell is going on.”

As the stars realigned according to Dorn’s perspective, he kept a wary gaze open for anything out of the ordinary.  Scanning the depths of space, he used both his eyes as well as the Force.

…Nothing…nothing at al—

He thought he saw something…well, nothing to be completely honest but… Yes, there it was amongst the backdrop of stars.  A…void, blacker than the surrounding space.  But every time Dorn’s eyes locked onto it, his gaze slid off.  Or was he imagining it?  Dorn squinted.  No, he must have imagined it.  Turning, he was about to address his CO when out of the corner of his eye, he saw a star wink out, reappearing a second or so later.  …What the hel—

Suddenly, the Gungnïr lurched as if it had impacted with an asteroid.  Klaxons began to blare immediately, lights dimming as action stations were sounded.  The bridge became a hive of activity, multiple voices inter- and overlapping.  Dorn was about to call for noise discipline when another collision shook the battlecruiser.  Ears attuned to the pulse of his ship, he was able to deduce that that last hit had caused a hull breach further down along the dorsal section.

“Seal of those breached decks!”  He heard himself bark, his people already acting.  …Good crew… He thought.  “Report!”  He said instead.

“Admiral, we’re venting atmosphere on Decks 23, 24, and 28.  Our main drive is offline, and we’ve lost propulsion in the dorsal section.  Turbolaser batteries 6 through 10 are—”  Another impact, this one much more violent, shook the bridge, many crew members thrown from their feet as the inertial dampers struggled to compensate.

“Where are my shields, dammit?!”  Dorn’s mind raced as he wondered just how his ship could have been attacked and incapacitated in so short of time and seemingly by no one.

“Admiral, the deflector screens are—were—functioning at full.  I…I have no idea what hit us.”  A young ensign spoke.  Suddenly, his face look bewildered, his eyes intent upon the holofeed first and then the transparisteel window he stared out of.

Following his line of sight, Dorn saw one of the Dreadnought-class heavy cruisers filling the window.  It was clear that it was burning all engines, coming directly at the Gungnïr.  Worse: it was not slowing down.

“Helm!  Hard a’starboard!”  Dorn bellowed.

“Helm is unresponsive, Admiral!” One of the pilots answered.

“By the Maker… Communications hail them now!  Tell them to use their portside maneuvering thruste—” Dorn was cut off as a black…something passed between the two ships on a direct collision course with the heavy cruiser, hitting it fore, buckling the hull plating and then exploding.  The resultant fireball and shockwave turned the ship and instead of impacting the Gungnïr full on, it hit the battlecruiser with a glancing blow that ripped off a third of the ship.

This time, everyone onboard that wasn’t strapped in was thrown across the deck.  After a moment, every object, bit of detritus, and persons began to float becoming weightless as the ship’s grav-plating failed.  Dorn used the Force to help him strap into the Captain’s Chair.

“Damage report!”  But even before anyone could answer, another impact shuddered through the ship.  A series of explosions occurred, several close.  Suddenly, an entire section of the bridge’s starboard-side bulkhead sheered off amidst piercing screams of twisting and breaking metal.  Another part of the bulkhead exploded, hitting Dorn with flaming metal, shredding his face, neck, and forehead. 

He must have lost consciousness because when he opened his one remaining eye, he saw that the bridge was completely destroyed.  The dead lay everywhere.  Body parts, metal, blood, and plating littered what remained of the bridge.  He attempted to call out but no sound came forth.  His mind was remarkably calm.  Looking around, he caught a glimpse of his reflection in one of the large dataterminals that had fallen from its place.  He was horrified by what he saw.

He was missing his right arm and shoulder as well as both of his legs.  And pinning him to his chair, a large stanchion beam had impaled him through the neck and into the floor, blood floating weightless around him in small pools. 

His eye locked onto the one remaining holofeed.  Whatever had happened to the Gungnïr was happening to the entire fleet.  Or at least enough of them that it was in complete disarray.  As Dorn scrutinized the sensor information, he still could not see what had caused such wholesale destruction without being detected.

And as he stared, Dorn saw that a small taskforce of about a dozen or so ships—heavy/tactical frigates by the look of them—had up to now entered the space unknowingly.  Gazing upon the holofeed, he saw that the small armada was utterly destroying the crippled ships.  But where had they come from?

So for all of his tactical and strategic knowledge, he still had no answers.  Not even to the simplest of questions, the most important foremost upon his mind: would he die by exsanguination or hypoxia, or perhaps suddenly in the resultant explosion when the reactor went critical, or the deadly flechettes of shrapnel?

<<<<< >>>>>

In the end, it didn’t matter.  Thousands died that day, Anson’s navy reduced to orbital wreckage, one so numerous that Galtea soon had artificial ringlets surrounding it consisting of the remains of the flotilla ships.

And throughout the devastation was an ever-present arrowhead-shaped ship, the black hull impervious to the Galtean sensors, its surprise attack all the more deadly as the shikkar torpedoes and phrik projectiles were able to easily penetrate shields intended to defend against energy weapons and puncturing hull-plating that was no match for the virtually unknown ultradense blackstone kinetic weapons.  And once the integrity of a ship had been compromised, the small flotilla of ships would engage and finish the job.

And while some captains were able to save their ships, the rancor’s share of Anson’s navy was so much dross and refuse.  And with no navy to protect from orbital bombardment, Anson’s ground troops were about to receive the first of many surprises.  With the surprise of their preemptive strike supplemented by Kazic’s remaining navy, the Aethans were able to take full advantage of their technological superiority. 

Put simply: they won because absolutely no one knew they were under attack, nor did they have enough time to defend against such an attack.

And as casualties climbed, Kazic grimly reminded himself that this was only the beginning…

<<<<< >>>>>

Koawan Shyon Meru was one of the Jedi guarding the powerplant station directly supplying Anson’s army.  Ever since the Kage had won a major victory over the usurper Kazic Ovarug, the collective feeling for Anson’s contingent had been general excitement bordering on euphoria: perhaps the war was about to come to an end, or so most hoped.

Still, Kazic Ovarug was not beaten yet and—if his past strategies and offensives were any indication—it would be a mistake to think that he was no longer dangerous.  …No… Shyon thought …Kazic Ovarug is like the Zharan glass-snake: you never turn your back on them; you never know when they’ll strike next…

Looking around the control room, the techs went about their normal routines while Shyon’s fellow Koawan and friend Esli Reincam diligently perused the station’s itinerary checklist on her datapad.  “Es…” He quietly called out to her as he stood side-by-side with the svelt woman.  “…What’s the latest gossip that you’ve heard?”  Shyon knew that she always seemed to be “in the know” whenever it came to rumor…

She gave her short companion a wink.  “Well…from what everyone is saying, they’re anticipating the end of this war by winter.”

Shyon gave a mock frown.  “C’mon, Es.  Everybody knows that.  I mean do you have anything juicy?”

Esli pretended to consider, crossing her arms and pursing her lips.  “…I suppose that I could tell you something that I heard—in the strictest confidence, mind you—but only if you swear to the Maker that you’ll keep it to yourself…”  She looked around, turning her head for effect before stepping up close to Shyon, whispering.  “…I heard that one of the Speakers—Master Ryshhk K’rrmerii—defected to Kazic’s camp, not only killing a dozen Sentinels but also one of the other Speakers!”

Now this was new.  “What?!  That…that can’t be!”  Shyon’s shock made Esli smile even wider.  He suddenly turned a scrutinizing eye towards her.  “Es…you’re pulling my leg.  There’s no way that a Speaker would commit treason, much less kill another one.”

Esli’s face adopted an innocent look.  “I’m just telling you what I heard, Shy.”  Suddenly, she looked conspiratorially at him.  “But that’s not all: I also heard that when Master K’rrmerii took off he stole a bunch of Force artifacts as well.

Shyon squared his shoulders, a slow smile spreading across his face.  “OK, now I know that you’re fibbing.  There’s no way that anyone could do that, short of Arbiter Danisen…or the Kage.”  He crossed his arms, adopting a defensive posture.

Esli’s face looked open and honest…but she’d been able to trick him before.  “Shy, I swear by the Maker that I’m not making th—”

Suddenly, the entire building lost power, dataterminals, air recyclers, even lights shutting down.  Everything was dead; all of the systems, the backups, everything.  Only the emergency battery-powered red lights had switched on, casting a diabolical hue across everything.  The techs started to scramble to locate and fix the problem meanwhile both Koawans opened themselves to the Force, their senses attuned to everything.

“Shy…do you feel anything?”  Esli’s face was all business now.

“…No, Es… Must have been an EMP… How long till backups are restored?”  He directed that last towards one of the technicians.

“Plant isn’t responding… Only things working are personal comms.”  She said distractedly.

In the half-light of the red emergecny lighting something flicked past his vision…

“I think we have infiltrators…”  Shyon muttered cautiously.

Esli looked at him incredulously.  “How we’re on lock down, powers only been out for less than a minute…”

His face looked worried, his eyes seemingly looking at nothing.  “I don’t know but…something…”  …there… Shylon thought.

Not that it did him any good.

<<<<< >>>>>

<Now.> Kiraea thought to the groupmind while a split second later the power was cut, courtesy of Selaena.  Even before the red light from the emergency systems came online, Kiraea was moving.  Like a vornyx stuck in tar, everyone else in the room was sluggish in their movements.  But then she heard one of them say something that caught her attention.

“I think we have infiltrators…” The short man said.

This one was clever, observant…

She destroyed him first.

<<<<< >>>>>

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »

Chapter 19: Absolute War-Opening Salvos, Part II
Silver Knight Inyak Zolor had been placed in command of one of the Vhal’Dan kyber-processing plants by her master and friend, Maenowan Tenal Mendár.  Master Tenal had been called upon by the Kage himself to secure supply lines now that the false Kage had been dealt a significant blow, over 200 of his Jedi coming over to Anson D’Aklon’s side.  Even more wonderful, amongst those 200 was Koawan Jinsen Flast.  He’d been a childhood friend for years before they were separated by time and distance, only to reconnect again on Galtea years later.  It was only a few months afterwards that Inyak had laid the ceremonial wreath at Jinsen’s feet, her overture to open up discussions between their respective families for a marriage contract.  Elated, Inyak and Jinsen had watched as talks progressed well.

Then the War broke out.

Since Jinsen still lived with his parents, his first duty was to them… And because Inyak was not yet his wife, he’d had to go with them when the false Kage Kazic Ovarug had called upon their fealty.  Shackled with ties stronger than durasteel, he could no longer be with Inyak as she had remained with Kage D’Aklon, thus all talks ceased immediately.

But then, something horrible occurred: the Promenade Incident.  With tens of thousands dead—Jinsen’s parents among them—Inyak never expected anything positive to come of such a woeful calamity.  She remembered that night, rending her robes in honor of her st’apa and st’ama as was proper a st’aughter…even if she had been denied that chance… But she still did her duty as if Jinsen had finally placed the wreath upon her head and she accepted him over her threshold and finally into her family.  She even placed out the dinner settings for st’apa and st’ama, down to the foodsticks that was popular in their culture…

Which was how Jinsen found her: crying over the completed ceremony in the role of their st’aughter—daugther-in-law—while slowly eating the now-cold food.  He’d come to find her straight from the mass funeral that the false Arbiter Saani Kaval had presided over…although Inyak had to admit that Master Kaval was honorable to have done as much…

But Kage Kazic Ovarug was nowhere to be found or seen.  Jinsen’s eyes started watering; his parents had given the Anzat everything…yet he couldn’t even be bothered to make a short appearance to honor those who’d died in his service?!  Even before he’d finished telling Inyak all of this, Jinsen’s tears poured down his cheeks.  And seeing her beloved in such distress, Inyak rushed to Jinsen, enveloping him in a crushing hug all the while comforting him with her voice, her kisses…everything.

He then told her of his intentions to defect.  Indeed, there were dozens of others that felt the same way that Jinsen did.  Inyak was torn: she rejoiced that she’d be reunited with her beloved…but she was also appalled that Jinsen would betray his Oaths to his Kage and Master.

“No, Inyak…he betrayed us, ALL of us!”  He’d shouted when she confronted him.  “Don’t you see?  He did not behave as a proper Domai should!  He abandoned his subjects!”  Jinsen’s face had contorted in rage while tears of pain, sorrow, and now, hatred ran down his cheeks.  But as swiftly as his anger had come it left him, his shoulders slumping as he sobbed into Inyak’s chest.  “I…I’m sorry, beloved.  Forgive me my dishonorable words…but I cannot—will not—fight for that man…”  Slowly, he quieted as Inyak rocked him like a babe in her arms.

She understood.  Moreover, she wanted for Jinsen to be with her; it was ALL that she’d ever wanted, more than anything else.  Certainly more than this war… And, she was ashamed to admit, more than her fealty to her Kage…more than even being a member of the Vhal’Dan Order.

Shaking her head, she comforted him whilst speaking softly.  “No, beloved.  You have not dishonored yourself.  As you say, no Domai would have behaved in such a fashion.”  And as she kept speaking, new thoughts and hopes began to take form in her mind.  She would bring Jinsen over to her, marry him, and finally find a piece of Galtea where they and they alone would live out the rest of their days.  Well, as soon as the War was done; her personal honor was worth that much to Kage D’Aklon.

Her comm suddenly pinged, bringing her out of her ruminations.  Sighing, she once more reminded herself of her duty.  “Silver Knight Inyak Zolor.” She answered.

At first, only static came through but soon enough coalesced into specific sounds and finally a familiar voice.  “—…Iny…k?  C…n yo…ear…me?  Ho…opy, ov…r?”  It was Maenowan Tenal Mendár.

“Master?  Master Mendár?  TENAL?”  But it was no use; clearly she could hear him but he could not do the same for her.

“—…we…re…am…sh…d… Th…manu…act…ry w..s comp…tely…dest…yed.  No…vis…ble en…my.  I…ink…th…t…yb…r…sta…n…nex…”  A sudden and violent coughing fit overcame whatever it was that Tenal said next.  “…Iny…k…ple…s…tel…my…chil…en…I…l…v…th…—”  The abruptness with which the transmission ended left only a small pool of possibilities, none of them good by Inyak’s reckoning.

“Quan, Ian-e, Jorgøn, Mugami, have your people lock down the processing station.  I want you four on perimeter.”  She told the four Gray Knights.  Then, looking at the four Koawans in the room, she gave further orders.  “Keliaya, Sampsin, Wen, Almir, I want you with me; we’re going to protect the crystal refining equipment.”  Inyak knew that those would be amongst the High Value Targets for any saboteur.  After all, if she could deny the enemy their ability to make more lightsabers and focal-crystals for blasters, that’s what she’d do.  “Move like you have a purpose, people.”  The shrewd look in her eyes mirrored her intent.

All four Gray Knights disappeared through the opposite doorway as the four Koawans followed the Silver Knight deeper into the manufactory.  Even before they’d reached the Refining Room, the power was suddenly cut, the red emergency lights reminding Inyak of Yomi-no-Khum, the waiting room before the Lands of the Dead.  Seeing that the four Koawans were staring askance at her, she gave the hand signals for “Be careful” and “Follow Me.”  Igniting her silver blade, she extended her Force awareness outwards and ever-vigilant.

Once in the Refining Room, she slowed them down, directing everyone to stick together.  …Strength in numbers… She told herself.  She would need them.  According to the intel that Kasah Fayar had provided them, Inyak assumed that they faced a squad of Shadows.  She also knew that the false Kage’s wife, Saani Kaval, was not only one of the best Vhal’Dan Shadows but also was one of the Order’s four Blademasters.  …If it’s Saani Kaval that we face, we’re in trouble…

Inyak’s breath caught in her throat.  She’d felt…something.  The four Koawan stopped short after a moment, noticing that their leader was motionless.  …They…they can’t feel it…no, not “it”…her…  By the looks on their faces, Inyak knew that she was right.  “Almir, Keliaya, I want you both to teamup; Sampsin, Wen, same thing.”  She knew that those she named would create a potent two-person tactical unit; they were among the best she’d ever worked with.  “Do not separate, whatever the circumstances.  If we face Master Saani Kaval, we’ll need all of us.”  All four faces showed grim determination, nodding in unison.  “Follow me.”

Even with the backdrop of the droning thrumming of the refining machinery, the room itself was oddly quiet.  Inyak knew that it wouldn’t—couldn’t—last.

She was proven right, if not the way that she thought.

Inyak felt it a split second before movement caught her eye.  “Down!”  She hit the deck, ready at a moment’s notice to spring into further action.  She felt four bodies hit the floor beside her, the last one sounding…off.  Chancing a glance behind her, she saw that Almir had landed oddly in a crouch.  It took her a second to notice that she couldn’t see one of his eyes; in its place was what looked like a dagger of sharpened…volcanic glass?  She could now see the blood pooling behind him, a result of the dagger protruding out the back of his skull.  Acting almost entirely by instinct, she raised her lightsaber, feeling the pressure of…something…being deflected.  But she didn’t have time to see exactly what it was.

By the time she’d assumed a defendable position, Wen was also down, her throat ripped out by something sharp, vicious.  The two remaining Koawans maneuvered opposite Inyak, creating a defensive triangle.  “Where are they?  I don’t feel anything!”  She heard Sampsin as he struggled to keep the panic from his voice.  Keliaya was silent but Inyak could feel her, a concise bundle of resolve in the back of head.  …Good… Inyak was relying on her to help, hoping that cooler heads would prevail.

“Focus, Sam.”  Keliaya was following her own advice, patience and readiness radiating from her.  “…There.”  And she struck.

What had been nothing but air seemed to materialize in front of Keliaya as her yellow saber met a blade blacker than any Galtean night.  Finally seeing with his eyes an enemy that he could engage, Sam pivoted to supplement Keliaya’s own attacks.  And when Inyak joined the two Koawans, they were able to finally see exactly what it was that they fought.

It was a figure wearing midnight-black armor, reminiscent of techno-crystalline plating.  Inyak thought back immediately of the black, glass-like daggers that had killed Almir and Wen.  Where had this…being obtained such exotic accruements and weaponry?

Unfortunately, she had little time for contemplation.  Even against the three Vhal’Dan Jedi, the black armored being was able to put up a formidable defense.  More than, Inyak dourly admitted; the movements of the armored behemoth seemed almost prodding, as if analyzing them.  Conversely, it was all that the Koawans could do to keep up.  Each and every movement seemed to defy expectations.  Each strike was answered in riposte, every attack halted, each lightsaber blade stopped short by their armored opponent’s black swords, the blades seeming to eat the light.  

Suddenly Keliaya dropped her saber and grabbed her head, blood pouring from her nose as she broke down in convulsions.  Dedicating enough of her attention in the Force to Delve her, Inyak frowned.  …Grand mal seizure… She thought, …only worse…

Furiously, Inyak and Sampsin redoubled their assault.  That’s when Inyak felt it: a psionic attack that threatened to shred her mind into tatters.  Knowing that Sam would probably succumb to such, Inyak extended her defenses to include the Koawan.  Suddenly, the armored being locked up both of their lightsabers, scissoring a lightning kick outward, the black boot heel connecting solidly to Sam’s solar plexus.  Skidding across the floor, he came to a bone-jarring stop against one of the refinement units.  Slumping over, Sam coughed up blood as he attempted to get air into his lungs.

Inyak broke the lock, pulling her mental defenses around her in a mirrored attempt to protect herself from her opponent’s brutal offensive.  It was all Inyak could do to keep the two black blades at bay.  She knew that she’d need to do something and quickly.

She tried to recall what Maenowan Tenal had taught her.  As her silver blade met black, she focused a single mental Force spike and projected it into her opponent’s mind.  For the first time, the armored being halted, blades suddenly motionless.  Inyak quickly brought forth a powerful Force Push, propelling the armored being backwards.  Her muscles supplemented with the Force, she closed the distance in a split second, bringing her saber down in a vicious chop.  …This is for Keliaya…!

Before she knew it, Inyak was doubled over, desperately trying to draw breath.  A crushing punch from an armored gauntlet whipped her head violently to the side.  Before she could even spit out a loose tooth, she was on her back, her legs swept out from under her, causing her to swallow her tooth.  She screamed in surprise and pain as the armored being brought the other boot heel down upon her leg, shattering her femur.  Tears of pain stung her eyes, her cheek already swollen.

Standing over her, the black behemoth looked down upon Inyak.  “…do it…”  She whispered, spitting blood, eyes defiant.  The armored being raised one of its black blades.

From the corner of her eye, she sensed movement.  Unfortunately, so too did the armored giant.  Turning faster than Inyak’s eyes could register, black blades met Sam’s green saber.  But even before his lightsaber stopped, Sam brought a heavy length of rebar around in a savage swing.  The armored being didn’t even move.

The rebar bent around the black helmet, not even scratching the surface.  As Sam tried to recover, the armored being struck with one of the black blades, stabbing through Sam’s arm, severing the bicep just above the elbow join.  With speed defying description and with the same sword, Sam’s leg suddenly flew away amidst a spray of blood.  As Sam tried to fight off both the pain and resultant shock, the armored giant hefted one of the black blades, intent on finishing off the Koawan.  Sam’s pale face stared murder at the behemoth looming over him.  “…frell…you…”  By this time, Inyak had recovered enough to know that she was desperate.

As the black armored being took another step forward, Inyak drew upon every iota of the Force, wrenching the nearest refining machine from its moorings and flung it against the giant.  With a screeching cacophony on rending metal, the machinery plowed into the bulkhead dangerously close to Inyak.  Exhausted, the Silver Knight slumped over against the wall.  Exhaling, she called out to Sampsin.

“…Sam…are you…alr—urk!"

Inyak was cut off mid-word as crushing armored fingers clamped around her neck, effortlessly lifting her in the air as her feet dangled above the deck.  Grabbing at the black vambrace impotently with both hands, it was all Inyak could do to get breath.  Drawing the Silver Knight within centimeters of the armored helm, the black giant held Inyak in a durasteel grip.  Fighting pain, shock, and fear, Inyak was helpless against the mental Force intrusion that shattered the last vestiges of her defenses.  It was as if her entire life was being viewed and she had no control whatsoever.  Inyak tried to talk, to fight off the assault, to spout some defiance, to rage against the heavens.  But she did none of those things.  Instead, she felt herself quietly losing consciousness…

Sudden pain lancing up her leg from her shattered femur recalled her back to cognizance.  Blinking, she tried to make sense of her surroundings.  Looking around, she saw the wreckage of the Refining Room, the bodies of her friends prone on the ground, and finally the enormous silhouette of her armored opponent.  It had taken a knee, still looming over Inyak.  She noticed that she was seated on the floor with her back on the wall.

With deliberate slowness, the armored behemoth moved a hand to its helm, pressing some unseen button.  Immediately, the helmet disappeared, withdrawing into the back of the armored neck.  Inyak had expected that some deamon would be revealed or the ghostly visage of a kami would stare back at her.  What she saw was more astonishing.

The youthful face of a young red-haired woman looked at her with an open face.  When she spoke, her high voice only reinforced how young she looked.  “You will not die, at least not here and not now.  Listen to me, Inyak Zolor.  Go find your Jinsen Flast so that he may place the marriage wreath upon your head.  Live, live and go far from here.  The goddesses will bless you and your family.”  Standing, the red-haired woman’s helmet closed upon her head, sealing her into the techno-crystalline armor.  When next she spoke, her voice came out in an emotionless, androgynous tone.  “Leave this forsaken place, Inyak Zolor, forever.”

And with that, the armored giant turned and—after a step—vanished.

With those words burning through her mind, Inyak knew that that was precisely what she wanted to do…what she would do.  

But only after she saw to Sam and herself.  But even as she helped tend to their wounds, Inyak’s thoughts kept straying to what she’d said first to Jinsen and later what the armored woman had told her.  

<<<<< >>>>>

As the first salvos against Anson’s army had struck, Kazic knew that this was only the beginning.  And even as he lamented the violence and deaths resulting from the Aethans, Kazic was resolute in his decisions.  He was determined to save the Vhal’Dan.

Only Saani’s words sliced like a lightsaber from the depths of his mind: “After this is all said and done, I pray to the Maker that there is still a Vhal’Dan Order to save…”  And even as he mercilessly crushed it, Kazic couldn’t fully discount the possibility that he was anything but the savior of Vhal’Dan.

He felt Saani’s gentle hand upon his shoulder.  “K’ompo?  Are you alright?”

Mentally squaring his shoulders, Kazic shook his head.  “No, Kanp’a.  But not here and not now.”  He schooled his face to impassivity.  “I have a war to win.”

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »

Strategically speaking Kazic has made a very good choice handing over control…Ansons entire strategy is after all predicated on Kazic being the enemy general with relatively similar armaments and the same resource requirements, and both thinking in the same board terms of what a battle involves. 

All that planning is now utterly useless – Kazic’s thrown in a completely random element for his enemy and himself…Saanis words very rightly haunt him.

The first scene reminded me a lot of colonial wars – tribes or empires of spear wielding warriors getting hammered by far smaller forces of rifle and steel wielding conquistadors – face to face with technology and tactics they can’t comprehend they utterly fall apart.

And once more like Day in the Life sub set we see the little stories behind the bigger ones, Jinsen and Inyat thrust on opposite sides (an interesting view into their various customs BTW), Esli who is always in the know, Dorn weary of the battle….adds a layer on top of the devastation, the human face as it were on both sides as Inyat is spared and will no doubt encourage everyone else she see’s to ‘leave this forsaken place forever’.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2018, 01:08:33 PM »

Agreed, LSG.   The human touches make the story compelling.  Without them this is just another action flick.  :-)

The Aethan counterattack is and will be devestating.  What Kazic may not yet appreciate is that the Aethans are VERY single-minded and literal.  They will destroy their enemies, and their support structures, mercilessly.  I can easily see that destroying not just the people but the very planet they inhabit.  From later stories we see the Vhal'Dan on a very different home planet.  I think that, in the end, their home here will not be recoverable.

We know the Vhal'Dan survive ... but at what cost?  And is it, in the end, because of Kazic, or in spite of him?

I can't wait to see how this ends.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »

And is it, in the end, because of Kazic, or in spite of him?

Or worse - BOTH!!!

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2018, 05:58:09 AM »

Yeah, nothing more to add than what LSG and Karm already said, but I definitely agree with them. Without the humanity of the characters, the story wouldn't be much of a story. Well done.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »

Special thanks to LSG; he should be given co-writing credit with these past two chapters  Smiley

Chapter 20: Absolute War-Rising Casualties, Part I

“First contact will occur precisely two minutes proceeding the opening salvos of our ship.  Your fleet will supplement it, mopping up those that have been disabled.  Simultaneously, Kiraea, Selaena, and Aresaea will penetrate Anson’s primary powerstation controlling the planetary shield and Kyber manufactory, respectfully.”

Kazic nodded, seeing the ghost of Valens’ overall strategy.  “Yes, I see.”  As he stared at Valens’ holoprojection, the Anzat’s eyes drank in all of the information.  Or rather, he tried.  “Wait, Valens, why are you pushing Anson’s forces t—”

“I’m sure that you will see once the next phase has commenced.”  Valens looked sharply at the Anzat.  “Think, Kazic.  What it is we require and how we intend to collect—”  He was suddenly cut off as Kazic finally understood.

“Of course.  ‘Economy of effort versus necessary facilitation of primary, secondary, and tertiary objectives.’  I see it now.”  Kazic smiled wryly as Valens gave a small nod.

“Not bad.  But for now, we need to focus upon…”  He continued to give instructions in the same half-distracted monotone.  Something about the conversation with Valens was off, as though he was talking to multiple people at once as well...Kazic knew this was within his power...but this seemed different as though he were answering to...Maker help them all...something even HE was subservient to.  Pushing down his discomfort, Kazic focused again to the problems at hand.

He tried not to think about the Promenade Incident, but invariably his mind strayed towards comparisons that he kept making concerning what he knew awaited him in the destruction of the city and the countless deaths that would result…and would categorically be blamed on him.  Even as the flared nostrils of his nose twitched in discontent, Kazic knew that he would assume the responsibility of such.

Lest he ever forget…

<<<<< >>>>>

Vhal’Ulhadv was a city split between the two, opposing forces occupying it.  Anson absolutely controlled 2/3rds of it but really had occupational jurisdiction of more than 3/4ths of the city.  And prior to this newest offensive, Kazic had done everything possible short of giving away his—Valens’—overall strategy to ensure that as many civilians were no longer in Vhal’Ulhadv proper.

Of course, there were always stragglers, the obstinate, and those that just refused to leave.

Kazic bowed his head, saying a prayer to a Maker he no longer was certain would listen to him… Not that Kazic thought He should; the Anzat Kage certainly held no illusions of what destiny awaited him.  His only hope was that after all was said and done, the Vhal’Dan were stronger for it….

Saani stood opposite her husband, almost all sets of eyes staring at the holofeed projection filling the room.  And as digital information was conveyed in real-time, not one gaze wavered from the display, even as they watched in both hope and horror as the next phase was initiated…

<<<<< >>>>>

Master Stori Eval Prine kept a level head as he ordered his contingent of Gray Knights, Koawans, and the occasional Silver Knight to necessary objectives.  Despite what many were already saying, this war was not over.  He’d seen how determined Kazic Ovarug could be during the Uprising of Pembric II.  In those years, Kazic hadn’t even been a Speaker but Stori knew him to be a competent—even sometimes brutal—general.  Of course, they’d fought on the same side during those hostilities…

Grimly frowning, Stori thought how Kazic had been the one to “pacifiy” the populace… And when then-Arbiter Anson D’Aklon had proposed the militarization of the Order, Kazic had had the gall to balk at the loss of some minor freedoms?  Where was the stern warrior of yesteryear who had known what to do without vacillating like…like a politician?!  No, Stori thought, he could not follow such a man as spineless as he’d seen with Kazic Ovarug.  He’d been amongst the first to join Anson’s faction.  This newest intel that over 200 of the false Kage’s Gray Jedi had defected to Anson was further proof—not that Stori needed anymore convincing—that he’d backed the right fathiar…

Suddenly, the power went out, plunging the entire building in darkness.  Stori had fought in too many battles in too many wars over his almost 300 years to assume that such a loss of power was anything other than an overture to an attack.  “Action stations!  Get the Kage or the Arbiter on the comms immediately!”  The venerable Sephi instructed.  As his people moved about, they took their direction from the Gray Master, encouraged by his distinct lack of panic.

As he waited, Stori projected outward with the Force, trying to feel anything out of the ordinary.  Unfortunately, he was soon overwhelmed by the sheer number of sentients within the area, making it difficult for him to discern much of anything.

He scowled.  Stori remembered a time when he could have stood in a Coruscant high-rise and be able to find a specific human amongst the populace.  Now, well into his twilight years, he knew that his diminished faculties were one of the reasons that he wasn’t a Speaker of renown.

…Perhaps that’s one of the reasons that you hate Kazic Ovarug so much; he’s over 100 years older and in the prime of his life…and will do things with the Force that you could only dream about… The small voice within his head nagged at him, and not for the first time.  Stori wished that he’d never started hearing that voice…

…And it was with his senses extended that he felt…it.  Something was wrong, very wrong.  He looked at the dataterminals within the room.  One and all, they were empty, showing nothing whatsoever…well, beyond what he already knew and suspected.  Still: that feeling would not go away.  

Instead of wasting time talking to one of the foolish younglings, Stori drew deep upon the Force, searching for answers himself.  All around, his senses became preternaturally acute, his awareness as keen as ever.  He even could sense the insects in the air around the building!

But there was nothing around him, nothing on any side.  Stori involuntarily scratched his head.  He knew that he should feel something by now.  By the Maker, he could make out the different species of birds that had chosen to nest around the balconies!  He could only guess at how many were on the roo—

With sudden clarity, Stori’s breath caught in his throat.  …Above…!  Running to one of the lifts, he slapped at the “call button” and entered the transparisteel tube.  Within seconds, he was bounced up to the very top.  

Not even waiting for the tube’s doors to finish opening, he rushed out onto the roof, dodging between solar-collecting capacitors and hydro-recycling machinery.  Even in the dead of night, Vhal’Ulhadv’s cityscape was lit up almost as bright as the day.  Not that he’d held any illusions considering his eyesight; he’d already had the originals replaced twice—congenital defect he’d been told.  …I’ll bet that Anzati bastard’s deamon-red eyes are still as sharp as ever…  This time, Stori didn’t even bother with trying to ignore the voice in his head, instead nodding morosely.

What he did instead was project his senses upwards.  First, all he felt were the various nocturnal avian life that claimed Galtea’s sky as their own.  But as the seconds passed, just on his periphery, he felt…nothing.

Stori opened his eyes.  That wasn’t right; he felt nothingness.  A…void that seemed to slide from his perception.  Once again he concentrated.  Now that he knew what to look for, he was able to find the…discrepancy within a few seconds.  …What the Maker-damned hell is that…? Whatever it was, it was beyond anything he’d ever experienced before.

That, and it was falling, fast.  Even in the minute that he’d sensed…it, he could tell that…whatever it was, it had fallen several thousand meters planetward.  …What the kriffing frell is going on…and why aren’t the sensor nets registering incoming…?  Stori stood there, dumbfounded until his primal fight-or-flight instinct kicked in.

Running towards the bounce-tube, he took it back down to the tower’s central command.  What he saw made him question his own sanity.  Everyone within the room was going on as if nothing had happened.  …Nothing has, you old fool… A small voice reminded him.  But Stori knew better.

“We need to evacuate the building, now!”  He blurted out.  One and all, everyone within the room stared askance at him.  And no wonder, he found himself conceding.  He could only imagine what he looked like: wind-blown, ruffled robes, a red face beneath seemingly unkempt hair in various states of disarray, eyes wide with shock.  He thought quickly.  “…there’s been reports of a thermal detonator within the building!  MOVE!”  That did the trick.

As several people crowded into the bounce-tubes, many more took the stairs, while others still left to take their chances on the mid-level parking platforms in order to take their private speeders.  Stori himself had decided to take the central industrial lift; only a few others had done so as well.  Looking around at their panic-filled faces, they were all fidgeting, soft voices echoing their own questions.

“It’s OK.”  He said reassuringly.  “You’ll be alright.”  He smiled warmly.

But he knew it to be a lie.  He’d kept his senses keyed onto the…void.  Voids, now.  And while his vector dynamics and trigonometry was rusty, he knew that there wasn’t enough time to exit the building.  He hoped that he was just suffering from the onset of a Sephi neural-dementia.

But he knew that he wasn’t.

Then, as his eyes slowly looked around the lift, he saw one of the young teidowans, looking upwards.  He must have felt them too, Stori thought.  And when the teidowan looked from the ceiling of the lift and into Stori’s eyes, they both knew that their lives were measured not in minutes, but rather in seconds…

<<<<< >>>>>

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2018, 05:42:47 PM »

Chapter 20: Absolute War-Rising Casualties, Part II
“With the destruction of enemy forward emplacements, my ‘tank’ team will eliminate defensive positions and bunkers.”  Valens’ quiet voice intoned.  “They should be the next objective with Anson’s towers gone.”

Over a dozen towers would be completely demolished by the ultradense Oblivion rods.  There was no need for any explosives; the kinetic energy released upon impact would be more than adequate to destroy the targets.  The towers in question were among Anson’s Forward Operating Bases, along with housing many of his tactical land vehicles, tanks, and artillery.  With the loss of much of his armor and cannon, Anson’s offensive would be effectively stalled.

“How long after initial contact?  Thirty minutes?”  Kazic asked, considering the timing to be somewhat rapid.  Conventional military wisdom would even dictate it as “rushed.”

“Six minutes.”  Valens face remained impassive, even as Kazic stared at him incredulous.

“That’s impossible.  Even if there was a way to coordinate forces along multiple fronts, how would you deal with the air; that much airborne ferrocrete, detritus, and dirt will blind whatever it doesn’t choke despite oxygen scrubbers.  There’s too many particulates in the air to properly filtrate.”  Had the air not been an issue, Kazic had considered synchronizing his attack groups via the Force but disregarded such as he knew that Anson could intercept it as well, his powerful mental abilities rivaling Kazic’s own.  Furthermore, Valens had told Kazic that the team would consist of just a single battalion of Kazic’s tanks…and three of Valens’ people.

“Our armor can handle those particulars, in addition to your other concerns.”

<<<<< >>>>>

Even as chaos and death reigned over the events, some of Anson’s forces had been quick to respond, many of the Jedi hoping to eliminate what they knew to be an incoming threat.

As Kazic gazed upon the holofeed, he was able to discern that Anson’s Jedi were already attempting to repel invaders.  He had an odd feeling of pride juxtaposed with anxiety and further mixed with sadness.  The Vhal’Dan Jedi were extremely well-trained, further galvanized by Anson’s militarization and the Civil War itself.  Against most adversaries, Kazic would’ve bet upon them.  But as he looked from the holofeed and into his wife’s purple eyes, he saw reflected in them what he already knew, hoped, and yet feared.

What the Vhal’Dan could not have guessed was how deadly this threat could be...

<<<<< >>>>>

Already retreating forces were being hammered by Jarys, Maeson, and one other whose name Kazic hadn’t caught.  All three wore their hulking techno-crystalline black armor.  Kazic’s adjutant-in-charge, Maenowan Zhymmia Vel’Aath, gulped before approaching the largest of the three…she assumed that this was the leader in the absence of any insignia.  Even standing her full height, she must have been almost a meter shorter, and she was a tall woman.

“The facility is just over the next block, Number 23 along the street.  It is heavily fortified; scouts report five main hard points on the front entrance…sniper cover in the building opposite, they rotate in and out.  There is a bunker position built out of an underground access port on the street in front.  We have—”

“Enough.”  It boomed.  “Follow in three minutes, there will be no resistance.”  

Beside him, Zhymmia’s dark face twisted in disbelief at the thought they could do in three minutes what her forces had failed to in a week as the group strode past before breaking off.  The biggest one simply walked straight toward it as the enemy began getting lines of site on him. Unsure if it was friend or foe, she watched as they called out for him to identify himself.  

Standing indifferently, the armored giant didn’t move.  Suddenly, Zhymmia saw the entire front of the building was ripped from its supports, screeching metal rending in a violent display of power as the façade crashed down upon Anson’s lines.  From three sides they attacked, swords in one hand, rifles in the other, blue bursts of energy were exceeded only by red rivers of blood as they obliterated everyone not killed in the collapse.  The fire that was sent in resistance bounced off invisible shields or worse dissipated into their armor then came back as a flood of lighting that melted skin and combusted cloth.  

Zhymmia thought that one of those…things would’ve been enough; three against the force of eighteen knights was laughable overkill.  At 2 minutes 45 seconds there was one Master left, absent a hand and eye.  The largest one lifted him like a doll by the neck.  “Tell Your Masters: We come.”  He didn’t drop him; Zhymmia saw that the armored hulk dragged him out and threw him—threw him!—over the building toward Anson’s main lines.

Anson’s forward contingent broke in a complete rout.

<<<<< >>>>>

“…and with the collapse of Anson’s offensive, I take it that we’ll maneuver our armor in position, spearheaded by your tank tea…”  Kazic’s voice drifted off, seeing Valens slowly shaking his head.

“No, Kazic.  Your tactics are valid up to and including three levels of consciousness.  However, as soon as you asked for our help, such a strategy is no longer sound.”  The shorter man’s face hadn’t changed but Kazic could swear that he was…communicating with his People, the Anzat Kage the subject.  When he didn’t say anything, Kazic spoke.

“What is our next move?”  He folded his arms, once again scrutinizing the holofeed.

This time Valens did smile.  “We utterly destroy them.”

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2018, 12:38:13 AM »

Just got this visual of Bane in the Dark Knight Rises - 'Do You feel in charge, Kazic?'.  He's let Cerberus off the leash and Hades – or rather Dread Persephone - isn't far behind.

Eval Pine was interesting - there was more than a little personal pique in his choice of side it seems – again the personalization of what started as a conceptual war about liberty and the limits thereof – those issues are almost forgotten in some ways.

I wonder how Anson will react to all this, he’s no fool and knowledgeable enough to make a decent response given enough time…the issue will be can he and his generals adapt quickly enough…

Then there is Ryshhk who left Anson for his dishonorable conduct…and J'Nessah as well, she’s been playing king-maker and now…all the crowns are poisoned.   I wonder if she’s ambitious and opportunistic enough to try and align with Kazic – sort of like the Earl of Warwick – or perhaps even go over Kazics head to try and play her game of thrones with the new king makers...

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »

Just got this visual of Bane in the Dark Knight Rises - 'Do You feel in charge, Kazic?'.  He's let Cerberus off the leash and Hades – or rather Dread Persephone - isn't far behind.

Eval Pine was interesting - there was more than a little personal pique in his choice of side it seems – again the personalization of what started as a conceptual war about liberty and the limits thereof – those issues are almost forgotten in some ways.

I wonder how Anson will react to all this, he’s no fool and knowledgeable enough to make a decent response given enough time…the issue will be can he and his generals adapt quickly enough…

Then there is Ryshhk who left Anson for his dishonorable conduct…and J'Nessah as well, she’s been playing king-maker and now…all the crowns are poisoned.   I wonder if she’s ambitious and opportunistic enough to try and align with Kazic – sort of like the Earl of Warwick – or perhaps even go over Kazics head to try and play her game of thrones with the new king makers...

If she finds out about Valens, she'll try to seduce him and become the power behind that throne.  That Valens wouldn't want to be the new man-in-charge, or that he's genetically bonded to his mate and virtually immune to her whiles probably won't occur to her until its far to late....

Hammering towers flat with Oblivion rods...  That was a great tactical detail.  What their Armor would look like ... stuff of nightmares, no doubt.  Not that you'd ever actually see it coming...

As for what Anson thinks ... I don't think that's going to be relevant much longer... 

This time Valens did smile.  “We utterly destroy them.”

boom    dead   

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »

If she finds out about Valens, she'll try to seduce him and become the power behind that throne.  That Valens wouldn't want to be the new man-in-charge, or that he's genetically bonded to his mate and virtually immune to her whiles probably won't occur to her until its far to late....

Well on the issue of continuity Schisms events occur a few years after FotA and in Schisms there are some names conspicuous by their absence among Kazics new 'allies'....But yeah they strike fast, strike hard and try to ensure no one has time to learn their tricks, their advantages are great but their novelty doesn't last forever....unless they want to see how an experienced warrior like Anson responds to their tactics....

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

Well on the issue of continuity Schisms events occur a few years after FotA and in Schisms there are some names conspicuous by their absence among Kazics new 'allies'....But yeah they strike fast, strike hard and try to ensure no one has time to learn their tricks, their advantages are great but their novelty doesn't last forever....unless they want to see how an experienced warrior like Anson responds to their tactics....

No, Valens is to smart for that.  He knows he's badly outnumbered and even with his superior weapons and armor they would be overwhelmed eventually - if they let Anson get back on-balance.

Seems to me the best course would be to use the surprise hammer-blows to reduce Anson's forces as quickly and violently as possible, break their will, then let Kazic deliver the coup-de-grace and finish the war....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2018, 02:33:05 AM »

Chapter 21: Absolute War-Feints, Misdirections, & Traps, Part I

“Kage, there are three more reports concerning our navy.  Captains Tin’dell, Margoå, Tallav, and Deépak were able to escape as well as First Officers Bardak and Nyine.  There was a reported cruiser that did a blind jump but damaged their main hyperdrive in doing so.  Also, one of the crew chiefs…Chief Ral Fenn…were able to limp their frigate away from the fighting.  Unfortunately, not one of them got away unscathed.”

Anson did not show his agitation.  Slowly inhaling, he looked at J’Nessah, his brown eyes drilling into—and through—the Speaker’s head.  “Master Raanh…you’re telling me that out of a fleet of 72 ships only eight weren’t destroyed?”  Those ships constituted the six battle groups that gave Anson control over Galtean space; he knew that he could do nothing about the more than a dozen Golan-II defense platforms policing the hyperspace routes coming to-and-from the system but his navy had all but ensured Anson’s superiority of planetary control.

That was no longer the case.

“Yes, Kage.  Furthermore, Kazic’s offensive has either destroyed, eliminated, or compromised our forward operating bases as well as the majority of our armor and canon.  His planetary bombardment has annihilated our power- and intelligence-infrastructures and our own offensive is in complete disarray.”  J’Nessah’s normally calm voice was strained as she related the day’s losses.  Anson’s face seemed carved from durasteel for all of the emotion that it showed.

“Casualties?”  Anson’s quiet inquiry made J’Nessah lower her head.  Behind her, Arbiter Pyter Danisen put his face in his webbed hands as if to ward off bad luck.  Clearly, it didn’t work.

“Best estimates: between 43-44 thousand military personal, 6,000 support staff, 1-2 thousand civilian, and…” J’Nessah’s voice did break with the last estimate.  “…and almost 2,000 Vhal’Dan Jedi.”  Anson’s eyes strained at the figures.  Hurriedly, J’Nessah continued.  “My Kage, the Collegium of Maenowans was blessedly spared the same wholesale destruction.  And as luck would have it, a majority of the regimental colonels were attending.  They’ve asked to spearhead the counterattack.”  Such news amidst an avalanche of bad was relief to Anson.

“Yes.  In fact, we shall devise a five-pronged attack, all coordinated to converge upon Kazic’s new…infantry.”  He’d already heard…well, rumors…of shadow-beings, seemingly impervious to various attacks, including the Force.  Had Kazic perfected the null-field devices that the Vhal’Dan had employed in the prisons and somehow…miniaturized them, made them portable?  Maker knew that his own people had been unsuccessful with such…

J’Nessah was slowly nodding her head.  “Yes, I can see where we’d need to…”  Both she and Anson kept strategizing, adding details now and again until they felt that their counterattack would finally overwhelm Kazic’s newest offensive.  Even with their losses, Anson’s forces still outnumbered Kazic’s.  And Anson’s generals and colonels were experts at urban warfare.  

“This ends now, J’Nessah.  We’ll use the city to our advantage and crush them.”  Anson felt renewed, although the pain of loss still weighed heavily upon him.  Sometime—and soon—he would have to relay his condolences to those families.  And he’d promised himself that he would force himself to feel each loss personally.  …Later… For now, he had responsibilities that took priority.  “Have you found the traitor, Ryshhk K’rrmerii?”  His voice was dangerous, the rage in his eyes belying the impassivity of his face.

J’Nessah lowered her head.  “No, Kage.  Wherever the Wookie is, he’s kept a very low profile…although there were some whisperings that he’d been spotted in the Food Processing District.  I’ve dispatched a dozen Sentinels to investigate.”  J’Nessah’s dark eyes suddenly shone with violent intent.  “I’ve also ordered a handful of our Shadows to sanction Ryshhk given the chance.”

Anson nodded, a look of grim satisfaction on his otherwise stoic face.  “Very well.  I want for you to present my orders to the generals and colonels.  Let’s take the fight back to Kazic.”  He knew that he could no longer entertain the possibility of the Anzat’s surrender.  And with that in mind, he’d already put plans in motion that Anson hoped would help to end the war…

<<<<< >>>>>

Maenowan Niyo Saedrin, colonel and Officer-in-Charge of Anson’s 2nd Armor Brigade was joined by her adjutant and friend, Major Koawan Kiobito Urope as their forces coordinated with 1st and 4th Armor as well as the 106th and 107th Air Cavalry Units.  Their orders were clear: institute ground superiority and take the fight back to Kazic Ovarug while also establishing new forward operating bases along new lines.  To that end, the five columns of Anson’s army were mobilizing for their counteroffensive, reconnaissance units swarming all over Vhal’Ulhadv searching for Kazic’s forces.

“Kio, I want all recon teams on their toes; I can feel that Anzati bastard’s troops out there…” Colonel Saedrin wasn’t young nor given to youthful impulses but she was determined to get some payback for the sneak attack that had decimated Anson’s forces.  She tempered her anger; now was not the proper time to unleash it.  But she could let a little off of the leash as it were, not that Major Urope would bluster at such.  After all, they’d been raised in the same commune, if not by the same poly-group.  Moreover, Kio was a close friend and had spoken about being Combined with Niyo to form their own poly-group.  Yes…a flare of anger to help get the blood flowing…

“Yes ma’am.”  The smaller woman said, saluting crisply.  Kiobito wasn’t just a member of the Vhal’Dan Jedi but was also a capable officer, if somewhat linear in her thinking.  Nevertheless, she smartly went about her duties, relaying Niyo’s commands to all scouts.

Surprisingly, it didn’t take anywhere near as long as they thought.

“Contact, colonel!  Five clicks South-by-Southwest.”  One of the communications techs informed.  “Recon reports understrength battalion of armor/infantry mix.”

…Excellent… Niyo thought.  “Order the column to intercept and engage, keep the 107th in reserve until needed.”  Most of Anson’s artillery had been lost in the sneak attack but Niyo wouldn’t have used it within the city proper anyhow; too much collateral damage…

And as the joint convoy of armor and cavalry under Colonel Saedrin’s command confronted one of Kazic’s understrength batallions, the avenues of Vhal’Ulhadv shook and echoed with the furiousness of violent fighting…

<<<<< >>>>>

Kazic stared at the holofeed.  …Dammit… He thought morosely.  This was the fifth ambush that his forces had tripped.  Even as the holofeed struggled to keep a clear picture, the Anzat Kage could tell that his people were taking a pounding.  As another of his hovertanks exploded, Kazic could see that his infantry would be even more sorely pressed without armor supporting them.

“Order the retreat, West-by-Southwest, relative.  Rallying point: map grid ‘31-dorn, 58-grok.’”  Valens’ voice was quiet, almost distracted.  “Leave 2% of Forn Batallion to ensure rearguard action.  Command Besh and Jenth Batallions westward.  Post 3% to draw attention: include Guardians, Sentinels, and a small contingent of Shadows.  They will withdraw in 23 minutes following the Aventine perimeter southwest.  Split Hesh into three companies, all withdrawing south.  1% to remain in position while covering Hesh and Krill retreat.”  When he stopped speaking, Valens eyes consumed the holofeed.  Whatever he saw, he had the ghost of a smile upon his lips.

Kazic repeated the orders then gave himself over entirely to scrutinizing troop movements.  …What the kriffing hell…?  He knew that his overall strategy had been successful—well, up until Kasah and the others had betrayed him, betrayed the Vhal’Dan Order—but this… Kazic squinted as his forces were now in various stages of retreat, some in what looked like a complete rout.  Disbelief and anger begin to cloud his vision.  His already flared nostrils quivered as Kazic went to turn and rebuke Valens.

And only part of the Anzat Kage’s mind was aware that he held his lightsaber, with his thumb ready to activate the blade…

<<<<< >>>>>

Colonel Niyo Saedrin was smiling grimly.  Her column had caught the false Kage’s batallion completely unawares, moreover reports were coming in from the other 12 colonels that they had Kazic Ovarug’s army on the run.  But at what cost… Niyo absently brushed a strand of red hair from her face oblivious to the dirt that she’d smudged as a result, her armor even more filthy.  Say what you would about the false Kage, but he and his followers knew how to fight, and hard.

But what mattered is that they were in retreat.

“Kio.  Kio!  Major Urope!”  She finally got her adjutant’s attention, the shorter woman’s face a mask of determination with a hint of incredulity.  “What is it, Kio?”

Kio approached, her arm dropping from holding up her portable holoprojector.  “Yes, ma’am?”  Niyo saw that she had some carbon scoring across her armored shoulder, in indirect hit.  …A few centimeters to the left and I’d be writing another “letter of condolence”… The taller woman thought.  She suppressed a smile, very glad that Kio was uninjured.

“Major, report.”  Niyo’s brown eyes surveyed the battle raging in the street before her.  Something about—

“Colonel, all columns report enemy withdrawal across the city.  However, the general consensus is that Kazic Ovarug’s forces are engaged in a determined rearguard defensive.”  Kio’s clear blue eyes—so much like frozen ice—looked beyond, grudging respect evident in her gaze.  “Niyo…they just don’t want to give up those positions.”

Niyo slowly nodded, her eyes intent upon the major’s.  “Assessment?”  Kio grinned.

“They’re going to pull back entirely, perhaps off-planet.  Most likely to Lus’phor.”  The smaller woman fell silent.

Niyo allowed herself to smile broadly.  “Very good.  That’s exactly the conclusion that the other colonels told the generals and Speakers.  We’ll link up with the other columns and destroy what remains of the false Kage’s army.  But first, we’re to eliminate the nearest enemy contingent that’s been harassing Colonel de Ravin’s convoy.”  She began to issue orders to pull out, leaving a token force to occupy Ovarug’s rearguard as the rest of the column circumvented them.

Kio took one more look at the scene before her: devastated buildings, smoking tank remains, the sickly-sweet smell of burnt flesh, bodies strewn throughout the urban sprawl.  The sooner the end, the better…

Colonel Saedrin clapped Kio on her pauldron.  “Major, let’s move out.”

<<<<< >>>>>

Just as Kazic was about to call Valens to account, his eyes lingered upon the holofeeds.  And he stared.  Again, he found himself amazed.  How had he not seen it before?

“Valens…they’re…”  Kazic crossed his arms, stroking his black hair.  For his part, Valens gave a small, perfunctory smile.

“Yes.”  Was all he said.  He then hefted his enormous black sword, his helmet’s visor polarizing.  Kazic could no longer see the man’s face, not even with his infravision.  …Interesting armor… He thought.  A sudden idea struck him.

“Valens.”  The armored head turned.  “Can you not give my people some of your armaments?  Weapons?  Or even your armor?”

Instead of answering, Valens unclasped his helmet for the first time and offered it to Kazic.  As an Anzat, Kazic was markedly stronger than most humans.  He nearly fell over from the shock of the weight.  Straddling the helmet in both of his cupped hands, he shoved it back to Valens, amazement on his face.

“Your bodies are too frail to cope with our weapons and armor.”  He quickly resealed the helmet as though to breathe the same air were an affront.  “Now, I must do my part.  I shall continue to give instruction…”  He hefted a small, round orb, the twin of the one that hung around Kazic’s neck, Ari’s gift to him and Saani.  “…but events in motion should follow the inertia of…our plans.”  The pause was miniscule but Kazic’s keen hearing caught it.  He could have sworn that Valens had started to say “my plans.”  Instead, the Anzat said nothing, watching silently as the hulking armored form of Valens appeared to vanish into the shadows…

<<<<< >>>>>

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2018, 02:37:48 AM »

Chapter 21: Absolute War-Feints, Misdirections, & Traps, Part II

Niyo was certain that enemy forces were around the corner in the plaza beyond.  She’d still insisted on having her reserves protecting her flanks despite what her scouts had reported.  A good commander never relied upon a single source of information.  But when she saw Kio approaching, a frown upon her face, Niyo’s mind started working overtime.

“Colonel, there are no enemy combatants in the buildings.  In fact, beyond a few abandoned emplacements, there is no evidence that Kazic’s infantry was ever here in force.”  The major’s ice-blue eyes mirrored the confusion that Niyo herself felt.  “I contacted the scout that made the original report but there was only static.”

Niyo exhaled slowly.  …What Bogan-cursed shavit is this…?  She thought.  “Major, all stop.  Have our troops find cover behind our armor but I want those tanks ready to move.”  She took her electrobinoculars and gave several passes of the urban terrain in front of her, surveying the plaze and surrounding buildings.  After confirming visuals in IR, UV, and along the electromagnetic spectrum, Niyo lowered them, a perplexed look upon her face.  Something didn’t feel right…

“Kio…order a withdrawal to grid…” The colonel consulted the holomap on her armored wrist.  “…46-herf, 23-qek.”  Niyo kept a wary eye on the buildings surrounding them, expectation tempering her unease.  With her lightsaber in hand, she opened herself fully to the Force.

Nothing, nothing at all.  As her armor redeployed, the vanguard of the column passed Niyo down the avenue.  Above, the Galtean sun shone through the high cirrus clouds, the buildings creating a maze of shadows upon the ground, the surrounding structures, and Niyo’s ground troops.

A sudden commotion broke out along the rear perimeter of the column.  Looking behind her, Niyo couldn’t make out anything, but she could hear a growing cacophony of sounds mingled with shouting.  Directing her own hovertank backwards, she could finally make out some of the individual voices, some words now instead of just a single droning wordless tumult.  She could have sword that she’d heard a sniper shot but had seen nothing…

And that’s when she saw…it.  She hadn’t seen anything before when it was motionless, waiting in the shadows.  But when it moved… The suddenness of the attack was only surpassed by its violence.  Already, a dozen bodies lay strewn across the ground, what seemed to be a river of blood canvassing the sides of buildings, the tanks, those troops still standing, most wide-eyed.  Four tanks were suddenly airborne, as if pulled to the sky on invisible tethers and just as quickly rammed back earthward with more force than gravity could account for.  The tanks crumpled like so much tin, internal explosions ripping through the armored skin as reactors went critical.  Anyone within a 20 meter radius was killed by the concussive blast, those further out knocked off of their feet as flash-fires erupted.  Some of the Vhal’Dan unceremoniously dropped dead courtesy of a sniper’s blaster bolt having seemingly come from nowhere.

And amongst the shadows…was a figure as black as death.

Igniting her saber, Niyo jumped to the ground, running directly at the living shadow.  And none too soon; her hovertank (among others) was suddenly propelled skywards in an eerie replay of what Niyo had just witnessed.  More explosions, more people down, more blood painting the world red.  Many of her troops regained composure, Major Urope among them.  Like Niyo, she held her ignited saber in her fist, the pale silver blade casting a pall illumination of the blood-soaked streets.  “Kio!  Over there!  In the shadows between the buildings!”  

And that’s when the shadow looked directly at them.  They both felt it in the Force a split-second before it happened and the only reason why the two Vhal’Dan Jedi weren’t surprised.  Both women swerved and grabbed onto the nearest building’s support columns as a roughly spherical void almost 10 meters across suddenly formed just ahead of the incoming Vhal’Dan infantry.  The rushing wind pulled almost everyone from their feet as the Galtean atmosphere attempted to fill the vacuum that had appeared 25 meters above the ground.  Gravity did the rest.

Carefully emerging from their spot, both maenowan and koawan saw that the shadow was still in front of them, motionless as if waiting.  With an unspoken rapport developed after years of working together, Niyo and Kio rushed towards their target, lightsabers drawn.

<<<<< >>>>>

Kio’s head hit the ground hard causing her to bite her tongue as a result.  This fight had gone…badly.  As her master and her had advanced, attacking in unison, the shadow had emerged to reveal itself as a giant armored humanoid.  Even working together, the shadow had proven itself a superior swordsman, easily countering Kio’s and Niyo’s saberwork.  With sudden swiftness, a backwards kick had caught her master unawares, sending her crashing against a tree.  Even though she had her armor on, Niyo crumpled down upon the ground.

And then the shadow was upon Kio.

Kio’s proficiency as a warrior was proven many times over but her skill with a lightsaber was only middling.  The hulking black monster battered against her defenses, drawing blood with no less than five cuts.  Her opponent was shrewd; Kio knew that such injuries were not meant to kill but rather weaken.  And they had their intended effect as she slowly bled out.  Her arms heavy, her opponent’s enormous black sword knocked her saber wide.  Pain erupted from her forearm as the black blade effortlessly severed her hand from wrist, the silver blade of her saber extinguishing.  A savage body blow doubled Kio over as she came crashing to the ground, spitting blood.

“No!”  A high voice behind the armored giant pulled its attention from Kio.  Working her saber furiously, Niyo fought savagely with the beast as she attempted to strike her opponent down.  But to no avail.

Kio was frozen…utterly frozen as she watched her master struggle against a far superior opponent…every moment she was weakening as the black creature sidestepped with horrible ease.  Finally bored it decided to finish Niyo, catching her wrist as it tugged her shoulder out, a punch to the torso shattered the armor into dust and all but came out through her back.  Kio screamed against her frozen lips to see her master spin like a mannequin booted to the ground and decapitated.  She hated the creature Kazic had unleashed—the Anzat would pay dearly for this—but she hated herself more for being too weak to stop it…

<<<<< >>>>>

As the minutes turned to hours, Kazic watched the various holofeeds, listening as multiple reports came through.  Saani’s face remained impassive but the tightness in her eyes had lessened.

Anson’s forces were reeling; aside from the powerful Force Illusions that Ari’s people deftly used, Valens took advantage of the confusion to penetrate into the enemy perimeter, carrying out assassinations against Anson’s colonels.  At last report, he’d dispatched eleven of them, often including their first officers, leaving multiple battalions without their most experienced leaders.

But Valens wasn’t finished.

Saani watched her husband smile.  “So that’s why he did that.”  The Anzat Kage had to admit that he would not have been able to devise a strategy with the layers that Valens had laid down.  And, Kazic knew, Valens still wasn’t finished.  There were several threads that Kazic saw and could deduce the outcomes of…but there were still some left hanging that he still had no idea what part they played in the overall strategy.

…What are you doing, Valens…?

<<<<< >>>>>

Captain Caro Pzandor yelled at the tank’s driver in an effort to be heard over the constant cannonade barrage firing from the main weapon.  “Corporal, keep them in our sights!  We’ve almost got ‘em!”  Another minute and he knew that his column would hook up with Colonel Saedrin’s…now under the command of a junior lieutenant.  Even if only half of the reports Pzandor had heard were true… He shuddered.  Some…thing had been systematically killing all of the regimental commanders.

And their First Officers.  And field grade officers.  Generally: any officer that had asserted themselves in taking command was having a really bad day.  Pzandor smiled humorlessly at that thought.  It was only luck that he’d turned his body at the last instant before a sniper’s shot burned the air past him, hitting the tank’s turret door and not his head.  And now that he’d assumed command, he’d collected all reports, getting a very good picture as to where the enemy was retreating to.

Lus’phor.

Which meant, that they were heading towards Vhal’Ulhadv’s main spaceport.  Captain Pzandor had been able to secure what remained of the five columns, driving them hard to cut off the enemy and deprive them of their objective.

…Damn that Anzati bastard… He thought.  Pzandor wasn’t a Vhal’Dan Jedi but he was Galtean Army.  And he knew a soft politician when he saw one.  Oh, sure, he’d heard the stories surrounding the military exploits of Kazic Ovarug but from what he’d heard from the defectors… Well, let’s just say that he couldn’t blame them from switching sides.

“Captain!  Something’s messing with our sensors, blanketing the entire area.”  Pzandor’s comms officer had to yell in his ear to be overheard over the hovertank’s machinery.

“EMP?”  But he knew that couldn’t be the case; communications disruptions this potent would blind the enemy as well… Pzandor didn’t even bother waiting for his comms officer to nod.  He checked the visuals of his telescope.  They were in a long avenue leading to the Meegido Bridge.  And just a half-click in front exposed on the bridge was their prey…

“We’ll just have to shoot from the hip!  Give me a firing solution!”  He smiled, thinking about the luck of his surroundings.  The enemy was completely trapped on the bridge with no escape. 

…how did they get caught in that positon…?  A small voice nagged in the back of his mind.  Shaking his head, he promptly dismissed the thought.

“Captain, we have a firing solution!”  Pzandor smiled.

“Fire!”

A horrendous noise of rending metal combined with choking smoke and shrieking screams of pain, fear, and confusion filled Captain Pzandor’s world.  Something must have been wrong with his eyes, he couldn’t focus properly.  Neither could he move for some reason.

After some time—had it been a minute?  And hour?  A day?—Pzandor raised his head and looked around, the smoke having cleared enough, although his vision was still slightly blurry.

His tank…or rather the remains of it…was in shambles.  What members of his crew he saw were dead and most were missing limbs, body parts, or even a head.  By some miracle, the main display showing the telescope feed was still working and positioned in his line of sight.  He blinked several times, attempting to clear his vision.

…no… He thought, despondently as the sight before him focused into crystal clarity.  It showed horrible devastation: twisted, smoking metal-and-composite remains of ruined vehicles, bodies, limbs, blood, and viscera splattered across the landscape, a panorama showing a wide open plaza full of the destroyed, dying, and dead.  One and all, the dead wore the armor and uniform of a single faction.

Anson’s.

As Captain Pzandor’s life-blood flowed, his heart pumping its last, his broken mind fixated upon how Anson’s forces had come to fire upon their own…

<<<<< >>>>>

As Anson listened to the newest—and often conflicting—reports, his anxiety and mistrust began a slow-boil.  He could not figure out how Kazic had managed to once again turn the tides or war…especially given his vastly diminished forces and compromised strategies.

“What’s that, J’Nessah?  What did you say?”  Something caught Anson’s attention, something that the dark Speaker had just said.

Smoothly, she repeated the account she was reading.  “…We’ve holofeed showing contact with multiple enemy combatants demonstrating incredible physical and Force abilities have prefaced events influencing or directly leading to grievous losses to your forces, Kage.  Every report agrees on certain details: aside from their unbelievable power, they are clad in hulking black power armor that is resistant to most attacks.”  Even J’Nessah’s normally unflappable face betrayed her unease.  Not that Anson could blame her.  So: they finally had proof.

Anson was used to being one of the most powerful Force-users; in fact, he was—had been—second only to Arkady Cyne.  But even if hal…a tenth of the reports were true, these…beings were doing things that Anson himself would have to work hard at accomplishing, much less maintaining for hours…

Yet, these armored giants had given Kazic an advantage where before he’d faced ignominious defeat.  Instead, it was his own forces that had experienced loss after loss.  The past days had been more than a mere setback, Anson was in danger of losing this war.  Before J’Nessah could continue, Anson stood, knowing exactly what need be done.

“Speaker Raahn…call Congress.  Gather all remaining Gray Masters, maenowans, and koawans.  It is time that Kazic Ovarug feel the full force of our Jedi.”  The corded muscles in Anson’s arms flexed.  Unperturbed, J’Nessah bowed, watching as her Kage strode confidently away.  Before he disappeared into the hallway, she called out to him.

“Kage, what of his…creatures?”  Her voice didn’t quite tremble but Anson could feel fear, real fear, radiating from the Speaker.  He turned, his eyes burning with resolve.

“Like Kazic, we shall deal with them.”  Already, he was forming his contingencies and plans.  And as he walked away, he thought that much of this might be proven moot, should his agent be successful.  His regret was now a very small thing compared to the losses he’d experienced today.

But try as he might, he could not dispel the fact that he still considered Kazic a brother.  But such was the weight of a Kage: everything was secondary when compared to the survival of the Vhal’Dan Order.

<<<<< >>>>>

Hidden among Vhal’Ulhadv’s urban sprawl, Black-armored beings continued their devastation, heavily supplemented by Kazic’s armor and artillery.  Where Valens peoples’ preemptive strikes would “shock and awe,” drawing attention, Kazic’s forces would provide another surprise with their flanking positions and firepower.

And all the time, pushing Anson’s forces towards his objective.

Valens smiled.  This entire endeavor had been fortuitous: their Oblivion weapons had proven themselves, the new Mark II armor as well.  The tactics that the People had learned with their battles against the Jedi had been put to good use as well as learning some new tricks here from the Vhal’Dan.  And while his and Kazic’s aims were close, they were not identical.

But it would be too late before Kazic could do anything about it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: