Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Reply if you LOVE The Force Unleashed!!!  (Read 17538 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »

TFU brought me to the Dark Side, and is the source of my all time favorite scene. Can anyone say "Star-Destroyer-killer"? Wink

That bit killed me. I don't know if it was just me, but the on-screen indicators for what to do were showing Up when of course it was supposed to be Down.

I must have plugged away at it for an hour or more before giving up and looking it up. Realising that there was such a fundamental flaw really spoiled that moment for me. Ten years later, still annoyed. Cheesy

I played II but didn't enjoy it as much. I devoured I, but II annoyed me in places, and I eventually got stuck fighting a whole bunch of clones - couldn't work out how I was supposed to get past them without, essentially, becoming much, much better at the game, and i just didn't have the motivation to go back and practise enough.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »

That bit killed me. I don't know if it was just me, but the on-screen indicators for what to do were showing Up when of course it was supposed to be Down.

I must have plugged away at it for an hour or more before giving up and looking it up. Realising that there was such a fundamental flaw really spoiled that moment for me. Ten years later, still annoyed. Cheesy

I played II but didn't enjoy it as much. I devoured I, but II annoyed me in places, and I eventually got stuck fighting a whole bunch of clones - couldn't work out how I was supposed to get past them without, essentially, becoming much, much better at the game, and i just didn't have the motivation to go back and practise enough.
The scripting for that scene sucked, but the concept art is just......hmmmmmmmmmmm Roll Eyes My biggest issue with it was grabbing the damn TIEs.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »

The Force Unleashed I really blew my mind away...loved it from the moment I first put the disc in my Xbox360. The stroy was just perfect for me. The powers were so much fun to use. And the style of it all was a dream come true. I is one of the reasons for my Xbox360 to be still connected to my TV.

Years later, I actually ended up making my own Starkiller costume inspired by the way he is dressed at the begining of the last mission (the white cloak). Of course mine was not at all an exact copy but having made it myself I still feel very proud of it. Just going to a convention wearing that with my Aeon V4 saber with silver hilt and Sun Rider's Destiny blade and having someone actually recognize him in me was a great moment for me.

The second game I bought without hesitation. It wasn't bad but it just didn't feel as good to me as the first one so I never really thought about it much in years that followed.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

raven61960
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »

Absolutely loved TF1 the most.  I am still using PlayStation 3, but if they come out with some more I'll make the jump to a new console.

AntiqueAshes
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

寺院の灰は私たちを強くする

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »

I loved both Force unleashed games. They were both GREAT games, and I was sad when they didn't make a third.

DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

It may not be red but it can still kill jedi

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »

I loved both Force unleashed games. They were both GREAT games, and I was sad when they didn't make a third.
Aye, I think all of us are upset or angered they didn't make a third, I want to find the genius responsible and run them through with Galen Marek's saber, just my opinion

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »

Aye, I think all of us are upset or angered they didn't make a third, I want to find the genius responsible and run them through with Galen Marek's saber, just my opinion
I think he looks like this

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 01:39:34 AM »

Have the original and the sequel for my XBox One, still play it. My favorite Star Wars game to date

DennisScreenwatcher
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

Guardian of the Light and Keeper of the Peace

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »

I too love the original and sequel games! I've owned both games in the past, but now my younger brother owns the original for PS3, and recently my Playstation system has been undergoing some problems with it's software. But yeah. I really like both titles, although Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II was short and had more of a civilized Empire feel to the game and a total lack of native population in the game unlike the first did. Though I do know the reason why it was created shorter than the first; Disney's franchise takeover from Lucan Film, and as a result the shutdown of LucasArts and the "Expanded Universe" being made "uncanon".  Undecided

Saber Arsenal:
Sentinel LE V4, (soon to have) Butcher...

Training my hands for battle, being observant of the seen as well as the unseen, being diligent in my studies as I advance beyond my peers... I Fight For Victory of The Light... and Destruction of The Dark.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 05:20:04 PM »

I do hope it gets revisited one day although I’ve read that the Fallen Order game will borrow some things from TFU series. I’m soeculating some of Starkiller’s specials like Force choke, Force hold, saber throw, and some of the game play.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 04:03:06 PM »

just played it for the first time a few days ago, I love this game! I really enjoy the gameplay, and I really like all the fun combo's you can do. I had to stop in the middle of the first level but I did enjoy being able to throw the TIE's around.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »

just played it for the first time a few days ago, I love this game! I really enjoy the gameplay, and I really like all the fun combo's you can do. I had to stop in the middle of the first level but I did enjoy being able to throw the TIE's around.
Te he he. Just wait.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »

Te he he. Just wait.

guys, Logos is laughing, I am thoroughly scared now.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Jagen Moonrider
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

☆Fade☆To☆Black☆

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 12:19:21 AM »

TFU is probably the best games ive ever played wayyyy to much fun 100/10 IGN

I need them Dark Points give them to me

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 12:28:48 AM »

The Force Unleashed is a lot of fun, especially the Playstation 2 version. I have it for both the PS2 and the XBOX 360 because I didn't have the 360 when TFU was released, but I picked it up later. The 360/PS3 version has way better graphics, of course, but the PS2 version has features I like better. There are parts that take place within the Jedi Temple. Vader sends Starkiller there for research, and you fight force ghosts of long dead Sith lords. It's really cool, they're like bonus boss fights. Also, when you're playing, you can block blaster bolts and move, which you can't do in the 360 version. I think some of the other Force powers are slightly different. Anyway, it has some other cool features too, and it does showcase just what the PS2 hardware can do with graphics, since it came out towards the end of life for the PS2, as far as game releases. I think the Wii might have gotten that version too, since the Wii also has less advanced hardware than the 360 and PS3.

Ironically, I've only ever beat the game on the PS2. I've played it through more than once. I can't seem to be bothered to finish it on the 360. Wink (good thing I bought the 360 copy used for not a lot of money)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: