Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Reply if you LOVE The Force Unleashed!!!  (Read 17542 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »

The Force Unleashed is a lot of fun, especially the Playstation 2 version. I have it for both the PS2 and the XBOX 360 because I didn't have the 360 when TFU was released, but I picked it up later. The 360/PS3 version has way better graphics, of course, but the PS2 version has features I like better. There are parts that take place within the Jedi Temple. Vader sends Starkiller there for research, and you fight force ghosts of long dead Sith lords. It's really cool, they're like bonus boss fights. Also, when you're playing, you can block blaster bolts and move, which you can't do in the 360 version. I think some of the other Force powers are slightly different. Anyway, it has some other cool features too, and it does showcase just what the PS2 hardware can do with graphics, since it came out towards the end of life for the PS2, as far as game releases. I think the Wii might have gotten that version too, since the Wii also has less advanced hardware than the 360 and PS3.

Ironically, I've only ever beat the game on the PS2. I've played it through more than once. I can't seem to be bothered to finish it on the 360. Wink (good thing I bought the 360 copy used for not a lot of money)
The PS2 version sounds similar to the Wii version.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 06:17:39 PM »

The PS2 version was definitely better than the 360 version and I have both and beaten on both consoles.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 12:37:58 AM »

The PS2 version sounds similar to the Wii version.

I think they're the same. They were done by a separate studio to work with the lower hardware specs of the Wii and PS2.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »

I think they're the same. They were done by a separate studio to work with the lower hardware specs of the Wii and PS2.
That would explain the lack of graphics. I had the strategy guide. The PS3 version was identical to the 360, but if you started from the other end of the book, it had the walk-through for the Wii. It's how I first heard of Darth Phobos, and that was one of the factors in how I came up with my own Sith name.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 10:37:15 PM »

Yeah, the Wii could never hang with the PS3 or XBOX 360 in terms of graphics. That's why it cost so much less. I never owned one, but I've played a bit on my sister's Wii, and it's OK. But, at least it got the cool version of TFU. Wink

I have some HD Retrovision cables on the way from Castlemania Games for my PS2, and you can bet TFU is one of the first games I'm going to play once I get the PS2 hooked up in HD. I tried it on an emulator on my computer the other day, but there were too many graphical errors for my liking.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »

Yeah, the Wii could never hang with the PS3 or XBOX 360 in terms of graphics. That's why it cost so much less. I never owned one, but I've played a bit on my sister's Wii, and it's OK. But, at least it got the cool version of TFU. Wink

I have some HD Retrovision cables on the way from Castlemania Games for my PS2, and you can bet TFU is one of the first games I'm going to play once I get the PS2 hooked up in HD. I tried it on an emulator on my computer the other day, but there were too many graphical errors for my liking.
If the PS2 version was "so great" why is does the novelization follow the PS3 version?

Or perhaps it's a mix of the two. How did the adventures on Raxus Prime play out?

Sig by For Tyeth

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 11:42:53 PM »

If the PS2 version was "so great" why is does the novelization follow the PS3 version?

Or perhaps it's a mix of the two. How did the adventures on Raxus Prime play out?

I said I prefer the PS2 version, I never said it was "the" version. I just like what I like. Wink

Though, the novel doesn't really follow anything. The whole project was a multimedia project that was developed simultaneously, much as they did with Shadows of the Empire about a decade earlier. However, the answer is really pretty simple: the PS3 and XBOX 360 were current generation consoles when all of this was released, the PS2 wasn't. The PS3/360 version would probably be considered the more "official" version.

Either way, it's a great game and if you play both versions you can note the differences. Since they were done by different studios and the PS3 and 360 are technically superior, the levels are completely different. But, that actually makes it more fun to play both versions.

One of these days, I need to pop my XBOX 360 disc into my XBOX One because I can. The game is one of the many older Star Wars games that work on the One.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »

I said I prefer the PS2 version, I never said it was "the" version. I just like what I like. Wink
1) You know I was kidding?

2) You didn't specify the events of Raxus Prime. I remember the novel deviated from the plot of the PS3 game. I wondered if it followed the PS2 version.

Sig by For Tyeth

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »

I'm testing out my new HD Retrovision cables for my PS2, and I have The Force Unleashed in right now. Cool

1) You know I was kidding?

It's hard to tell in text sometimes.

2) You didn't specify the events of Raxus Prime. I remember the novel deviated from the plot of the PS3 game. I wondered if it followed the PS2 version.

I never read the novel, I've just played the PS2 game all the way through and part of the 360/PS3 version.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2018, 10:40:16 PM »

I remember the Raxus level. That was the one in the junk temple in TFU1 right?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2018, 10:43:24 PM »

Yes, that's the first Raxus Prime level. You actually go there twice.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 10:43:33 PM »

Yes, that's the first Raxus Prime level. You actually go there twice.

I don't think I made it to the second one. I just remember thinking Kazdan Paratus was one of the most unique Jedi I have ever seen.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 11:06:31 PM »

Yep. He's also slightly crazy. Wink

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet