Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I'm gonna turn into Grievous....  (Read 1126 times)
Tyanem
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

I don't like sand.

« on: February 17, 2018, 06:12:54 PM »

"You think I'm gonna walk out with an UltraSaber and take down the whole First Order?"

I could see it. Might need a Heavy Grade blade though.

Hello all, I'm new here. I wanted to briefly review my first ever saber! Just came in yesterday after ordering it just earlier this week (so that was fast) - an Aeon V4 in SRD w/UE 36" blade! This thing is gorgeous.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156357560@N04/39608653544/in/album-72157691800611741/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156357560@N04/26447955538/in/album-72157691800611741/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156357560@N04/40274840092/in/album-72157691800611741/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156357560@N04/39608649854/in/album-72157691800611741/

I could barely put it down yesterday, its just so cool. Of course, the blade isn't quite as super crazy bright in person as it appears in these photos, but it still looks fantastic. On camera obviously, it looks like its straight out of the movies and it blows my mind. So surreal.

"That white blade core tho...."   Smiley

NOTE: I've heard some people say that SRD looks a little more on the Blue side in person than the Green side. Personally, I lean a little bit more towards the opposite - I think the Green hue shows up a slightly more than the Blue. Granted, that's not a critique of the color by any means, just an observation for those looking to get SRD. The color is really nice, and I have a thing for Turquoise/Teal so this was the obvious choice to pick for my first saber.

I elected not to get FoC partially due to money constraints and partially because I wanted this particular saber to be more "decorative" than "duel." I'll likely get it eventually though - probably with a HG blade. I did however get Obsidian Lite Sound. It just wouldn't be a lightsaber without the sound effects, in my opinion.

The white illuminated switch was a great extra touch, and the windows in the emitter are particularly beautiful. I almost didn't get either of those things (also due to wanting to save money) but I did it anyway and I am so glad I did.

I also am very fond of how lightweight it is, and the Aeon hilt is incredibly comfortable in my hands. Moreover, it has a simple and smooth design that doesn't have a bunch of stuff or jagged edges sticking out of it like a lot of lightsabers do. A friend of mine has an Obi-Wan replica saber made by one of the other guys and it is cool, but the hilt is just cumbersome with a huge block-shaped power switch and doesn't feel very nice. So when I got my UltraSaber Aeon, the contrast was pretty stark - in a very good way. The sound is also good and loud, not to mention much more sensitive to movement than other sabers I've seen (such as my friend's).

I suppose if there is one thing that I kind of regret, it was that rechargeable batteries were not an option for Obsidian Lite. Not a deal-breaker or anything, but it would've been a bit more convenient. Despite trying to save money on my purchase, I probably would've forked over more since it would save me money in the long run. Again though, not a bad enough thing to be a deal-breaker.

Most of this review is cliché already so I'll stop here, but the point is that I'm incredibly happy with this. Coolest swag that I've found to date.

I have to admit that I feel somewhat foolish because I bought this saber thinking that I would just get one and have that be my lightsaber. Something tells me that given enough time, I'm going to end up like General Grievous, having at least several of them.   Roll Eyes  (I guess that's a lot of people in this community though) I'll have to start wielding them with my feet or something.

Anyway, thanks UltraSabers. I'll definitely be back for more.

Also, a special shout-out to user Prowl 1701 - your video review of SRD convinced me to get UE over Midgrade for this color, and it looks awesome.

Tyanem
Force Sensitive

I don't like sand.

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:15:15 PM »

Addendum to my review: the pictures of the saber didn't post.  Sad

I linked them from Flickr - anyone know how to get pics to post properly?

Tyanem
Force Sensitive

I don't like sand.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »

Nevermind that second post, I just copy/pasted the links to the pics.   Grin

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »

A very nice looking setup there.
SRD is definitely a nice color for these. I have a Dark Catalyst in SRD simply because of the color

Cadazz21
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:21:41 PM »

Looks Sweet!!

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »

Sweet looking hilt and I've always been a big fan of the SRD.

point!

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 04:47:02 PM »

The only way rechargeable LiIon would have been convenient is if you had also specified a recharge port, which is another $75-85 bucks on top of the batteries. Otherwise, you have to take them out to recharge, just like regular batts. So let's say it was even an option for ObLite, then you're out another $100. Buy yourself a set of 4 rechargeable AAA batts and a charger for about $20 and call it good. Have a regular set on hand just in case your rechargeable set dies in the middle of your moment of glory.

DizB
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »

Very nice hilt.  Aeon V4 is sweet and I love the color of the blade.  And yes, you will be ordering more.  We just ordered two more MB a week after our first sabers arrived.  Smiley

To truly become a complete Jedi one must fully understand the power and potential of the dark side.

Tyanem
Force Sensitive

I don't like sand.

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 07:11:25 AM »

Thanks for the feedback all!  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: