Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Second Saber - MB  (Read 1034 times)
cmillion
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -12

« on: February 17, 2018, 09:04:42 PM »

I’ll keep this review short and sweet.  My second order from 1/11 finally shipped this week.  Missed out on the delivery yesterday so had to trek on over to the lovely USPS a few blocks away.

Got the long box home, took a deep breath and went all hulk on the tape.  Came nicely wrapped once again and no peanuts to worry about.  Didn’t see a white sticker, but not disappointed about it at all, I’ll tell you why later.  Couldn’t make out some of the writing very well so just went for it.  It felt oddly familiar in size as my first saber.  Silver.  A Sentinel v4 appeared as I pulled it from the packaging pommel first.  Matching AV, sweet!  Wait... could it... what?  A recharge port too!  Almost out... windows!  Nice!  Okay, let’s check out the blade color.  Green.  Nice and rich.  A $151.99 saber in total.  Feels really good in the hand.  Looks sleek.  The perfect addition to my Dominix v4.  Now I have a Dark/grey and a true light side stunt duo.

I have fulfilled my gamblers itch.  Two weeks ago I began toying with the idea of just buying parts and building my own.  I love to tinker.  As of today, my first build is a few solder joints from coming alive.

My Sabers:
Dominix V4 - AS - AV
Sentinel V4 - CG - AV - Windows - Recharge Port

“Power! Unlimited power!”

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »

Nice score, congrats!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

Did you actually get a rechargeable battery pack?  If not, the recharge port as it stands is a bit useless as best I can tell.

cmillion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 04:13:26 AM »

Did you actually get a rechargeable battery pack?  If not, the recharge port as it stands is a bit useless as best I can tell.

No, I did not get the 14500 pack, however, wouldn’t it work with AAA rechargeables so long as you have the correct smart charger?  I don’t see why not.

My Sabers:
Dominix V4 - AS - AV

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 04:41:21 AM »

Congrats on the saber.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 05:09:16 AM »

It would probably work, if you can find the right charger.  You're talking about a 2.1MM charger built to charge 4 AAA style batteries in series, which means 6V charge (probably 7v in reality to charge them).   I've looked and not found anything suitable for such a setup yet.  If you spot one, let me know!  I have a saber with a similar setup, the recharge port, but no rechargeable battery pack.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 09:33:53 AM »

The recharge port won't be hooked up to the standard battery pack.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

cmillion
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »

The recharge port won't be hooked up to the standard battery pack.

US probably doesn’t want to be handing out Darwin awards, makes sense.  I may look into swapping out the internals for 18650 cells and holders at some point.  Cheap and easy solution since I already use that size at home for other things along with the saber I just completed.

My Sabers:
Dominix V4 - AS - AV

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »

US probably doesn’t want to be handing out Darwin awards, makes sense.  I may look into swapping out the internals for 18650 cells and holders at some point.  Cheap and easy solution since I already use that size at home for other things along with the saber I just completed.
It's not too terribly hard if you are comfortable with electronics and soldering.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Diesel
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -91

Give Yourself To The Dark Side

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:21:55 AM »

That's a good saber. Congrats on the recharge port. Don't see a lot of people getting them in mb.

Chosen One CE, Diamond
Graflex CE
Fulcrum, diamond
Manticore, custom install
Menace. custom install
Dark Menace, custom install
Raven, custom install
Guardian, emerald, obsidian v4 sound
Scorpion, red w/silver FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Dark Initiate le v3, red w/va FOC, obsidian v4 sound
Aeon le v4, artic blue
Dark Sentinel v4, quad green, custom sound