Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Just got a Mystery Box saber. Want to upgrade. How?  (Read 762 times)
SWfan_Fictions
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 18, 2018, 03:21:42 AM »

After 10 days of waiting, I finally got my first US. A $75 Mystery Box w/ Standard plug. Unfortunately, it was only a Dominix LE v4 w/ windows Stunt saber. I know I can't really complain about a MB saber(but I mean...so what)

I don't want to spend another paycheck, and another week, just for a guaranteed sound saber. I like the way the green blade shows through my saber, and its going to work in my Episode 9 story. I just want to know what I should buy and what I need to do so I can get sound and possibly the blade to "shoot out" and "shoot back" not just appear.

Ive never done this whole saber thing before, so please give simple terms and links (if allowed).

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 04:03:40 AM »

The shoot out and shoot back blade lighting effect is only possible with string blade leds which are not usually duel worthy.  They are not offered by US.  You will need a board capable of controlling that effect as well.  Light is light it travels fast in a manner that makes it just appear, a movie effect such as this must be simulated by lighting a string of leds in a sequence to mimic the movie effect.

If you want sound then US offers this:
https://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/92.htm

However I think it is best if you do a lot more independent research so you have a better understanding of what a sound install will take.  You can use the search function (magnifying glass) to pull up topics on this subject in the forum.

Otherwise you can always ask US customer service for a quote on how much a sound install will cost and you can send your MB back for them to do it.  But if you think 10 days is a long wait, it really shows you have not tried any other vendors, more like 10 weeks/months...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 04:16:38 AM »

Here is my advice. Keep and enjoy MB saber. Then research research and research some more, not just here but other places too. This way you will be better prepared next time you spend your hard earn money on another lightsaber, or if you decide to gut that one (the only thing you will still is is the LED) you will have a idea of how to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: