Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RANKING THE MCU VILLAINS  (Read 501 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: February 18, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »

With the 18th movie release in the all conquering MCU being another smash hit, I thought it time to look at the one consistent criticism audiences have had with Marvel’s movies and that it their villains.

Back in 2008 when Ironman came out the MCU was born, our lord and saviour Kevin Feige, head honcho at Marvel Studios decreed that the movies will focus on the heroes and not the villains. It was an interesting and bold decision, one that (for the most part) has paid off; virtually all the MCU movies have been loved by critics, casual movie-going audiences and comic book fans alike (I’m not saying they are all perfect, but the success of the MCU cannot be denied).

However, with Cate Blanchett in Thor: Ragnarok, Michael Keaton in Spiderman: Homecoming and now Michael B Jordan in Black Panther, Marvel have given us three movies in a row with legitimately great villains, who equal (or in some cases surpass) Loki.

So, I thought it would be fun to rank all the MCU villains from best to worst. This is just my personal opinion on the subject. Feel free to disagree (but if you do, at least give a reason why) and please post your own list if you want.

1=) The Vulture (Spiderman: Homecoming) & Killmonger (Black Panther)

3) Loki (The Avengers)

4=) Red Skull  (CA: The Winter Soldier) & Hela (Thor: Ragnarok)

6) Ultron (A: Age of Ultron)

7) Alexander Pierce (Captain America: Winter Soldier)

8 ) Winter Soldier (CA: Civil War)

9) Ego the Living Planet (GOTG)

10 Helmut Zemo (CA: Civil War)

11) Ronan the Accuser (GOTG)

12) Kaecilius (Dr Strange)

13=) Ironmonger (Ironman) & Whiplash (Ironman 2)

15) Abomination (The Incredible Hulk)

16) Yellow Jacket (Antman)

17) Malekith (Thor: The Dark World)

18=)The Mandarin & Aldirch Killian (Ironman 3)

(Dis)honourable mentions: There weren’t necessarily villains in my opinion or just didn’t do enough against the heroes.

The Grandmaster
Baron von Stricker
Justin Hammer
Armin Zola

Purposely left off the list
Thanos. Purely as he has been teased, but we have to wait until Infinity War is released in May before we have any indication of where he will fall in this ranking.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »

Great list Knox!

I think my only disagreement would be Zola.  Without Zola, the Red Skull wouldn't have been nearly as effective, nor would Alexander Pierce.  Zola nearly killed Cap twice, once on the train ambush and then again in the bunker.  What other villain can say that?

Other than that, I think you're pretty much spot on.  I do think Ironmonger and Whiplash had more potential, but they needed to be taken alive so they could come back.  Maybe team up in a villain version of Iron Man/War Machine.

Hmm.  Now that would have been an EPIC Iron Man III - IronMan and WarMachine against Ironmonger and Whiplash.  GRUDGE MATCH!!!!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: