Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: upgrade sound  (Read 975 times)
diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

« on: February 19, 2018, 05:15:53 AM »

So I got the raven in a mb with the v3 sound and emrald but was wondering if you can  upgrade a saber with v3 sound board to the v4?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:59 AM »

So I got the raven in a mb with the v3 sound and emrald but was wondering if you can  upgrade a saber with v3 sound board to the v4?
You can do whatever you want. If you want to send it in to get it upgraded email US about details and cost. If you want to do it yourself the sound board is $135 on the site and you will have to wire it yourself.

My advice would be to enjoy the V3. You can still change sound fonts by hooking up to your computer and just only hold one at a time.

Since your saber already has the V3 that's a high cost to go to the V4.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

Hi.  Solid advice from Tuff.  Even though this is a higher end saber... I'd stick with finding one sound font that you find best connects with this saber and your use for it.

The v4 is really nice to have those extra sound and mute options... but ultimately most owners rarely switch out fonts once they find the one that resonates with the saber.  The Obsidian sound standard font is quite popular with a lot of owners.

If you still want to switch it out... factor in the charge for removing the v3 board, cost of v4 and shipping fee both ways.

You can email them with your questions below.  Provide specific details regarding what you want and US will let you know if they can do this and the total cost.  

info@ultrasabers.com    Expect a minimum of a few days to receive any reply.  Smiley

diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »

already got the reply from US it would cost $85 with the shipping fees to upgrade, ill have to think about it.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

That's not so bad of a cost... you must be living in the USA.  Take your time deciding and try out single fonts.  Smiley

WhillB
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »

already got the reply from US it would cost $85 with the shipping fees to upgrade, ill have to think about it.

Only $85?!

Do they then keep the V3 board?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 07:31:40 PM »

Only $85?!

Do they then keep the V3 board?
Cheaper then I thought, clearly they are keeping the V3. Its a new saber so guess they will reuse it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: