Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Please help me with my superhero spoof movie!  (Read 444 times)
DanFelix
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 19, 2018, 05:33:26 AM »

I'm trying to write a superhero spoof movie, but what I'm finding incredibly difficult is how to structure it. Like what are the plot points that have to happen?

I don't want to build the script on jokes, I want it to be its own story and for the spoof stuff to be sprinkled on top, so I'm trying to nail the story elements but make them an interesting story.

So what I've got so far is: a guy is dating this girl, all is going great until he meets her parents for the first time and everything that can go wrong, does, and they break up. Now a few years later, he meets another girl, they start getting serious, and then at a point she asks him to meet her parents, to which he says no because of what happened before (but of course he doesn't tell her that). Then he gets powers and a tragedy befalls him. He realises he must use his powers for good, so begins fighting crime, all the while trying to balance his love life with his crime-fighting life, and keeping his identity a secret. A villain surfaces and the hero goes to take him down, but the hero loses and comes away badly injured. He gets home to find his girlfriend has left him, and he blames the powers and the crime-fighting for ruining his life, so gives it all up. He begins to better himself as a person and right the wrongs with the girl, but just as things are looking up, the villain rears his head again and the hero must don the costume once more. The girl swears this is it for them, but is soon kidnapped by the villain. The hero manages to save the city and the girl, who upon discovering his identity, takes him back. The villain is defeated and all is well in the hero's life.

Does this sound alright or am I missing anything? Obviously this sounds incredibly generic but it being a spoof that's the idea. I just wondered if there are any pointers anyone could give me on story structure or anything like that? How many fight scenes should there be and when should they take place? Are any of these plot points above the wrong way around? I just find the structure thing an impossible task.

Thanks so much!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: