Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Change  (Read 2348 times)
ThanatosPa
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side points

« on: February 19, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »

I read a post a bit back, now I cant find it. I want use a Power pack to replace the batteries as the one that came with the saber was broken. The pack is a 5V 2A pack. I cant remember the specs is this amperage to high?

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-Speed-Technology/dp/B01CU1EC6Y/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1519050419&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=power+bank&psc=1

Thats the link to the pack.

Dark Sentinel LE Windowed silver
Aeon LE V2 Green
Also for those awarding points Dark Side please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:49:58 PM »

You are talking about replacing a 4 AAA battery pack?

I think the 4 AAA battery pack outputs 6V (you need to make sure this is right). If that is in fact correct then using a 5V should be fine.

But if I was you I would rather use a set up that is made for what you want. Both US and TCSS sell rechargeable batteries for the sabers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ThanatosPa
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side points

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »

The pack it came with arrived broken. As it took so long for it to get to me I dont want it gone another month plus the shipping.

Aeon LE V2 Green

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:10:31 AM »

If you want to get from Amazon because maybe it is faster you can order a 4 AAA battery holder just like the one you need to replace.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »

If it were me, I'd at least use the same part to replace it.

They do sell those here: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-aaacombo.htm

Yes, TCSS also carries them.  A quick search on Amazon yielded nothing, so be sure you do in fact get the right one.

I will add that your saber has a one year warranty, and you'd void that by altering the electronics.

I recommend at the very least, emailing US directly first, just to see what's involved.  customerservice@ultrasabers.com

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »

If it were me, I'd at least use the same part to replace it.

They do sell those here: https://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/z-sound-aaacombo.htm

Yes, TCSS also carries them.  A quick search on Amazon yielded nothing, so be sure you do in fact get the right one.

I will add that your saber has a one year warranty, and you'd void that by altering the electronics.

I recommend at the very least, emailing US directly first, just to see what's involved.  customerservice@ultrasabers.com
If there is nothing wrong with the speaker no need to replace it. I was just referring to a 4 AAA battery holder. And you can get those at Amazon, but I don't want to post a link.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »

What's wrong with having an extra speaker?

I mean, if ThanatosPa is set-up for swapping out his own, then why not have one for the next hilt?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ThanatosPa
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side points

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:22 AM »

It is a stunt so no sound....I did contact US and they are quite willing to fix it, but I have to pay shipping and wait who knows how long to get it back. The post I had read, and since cant find, had said this works and even brightens the saber a bit. I am worried about the 2 amps part. Is that to high? Also this is a direct 2 wire connect not anything hard. I can solder and shrink wrap it no big deal.

Aeon LE V2 Green

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 03:36:42 AM »

OHHH!  You want to use a USB power bank thing...

...sorry ThanatosPa.

Yes, that is doable.  Here's a thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26812.msg399247#msg399247

ThanatosPa
Knight Lance Corporal

Dark Side points

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:47 PM »

OHHH!  You want to use a USB power bank thing...

...sorry ThanatosPa.

Yes, that is doable.  Here's a thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26812.msg399247#msg399247

YES!!!! That was the post I was looking for.

Aeon LE V2 Green

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: