Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: my 3 $75 myster boxes and a non funcioning recharge port..  (Read 2071 times)
Yuri_Orlov
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: February 19, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »

Here is my review of not only my 1st $75 mystery box that I got when I went in with a friend over Christmas time, but the 2 $75 mystery boxes I received when I placed my own order. One of them has a recharge port but does not function? am I the only one this has happened to or is this standard??

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSaSs9vtas" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSaSs9vtas</a>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:36:22 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Kagetsume
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 12:08:25 AM »

Same thing happened to me.  If you get a setup with standard AAA batteries and the saber has a recharge port, the recharge port is useless.  Very odd they are shipping these.

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 12:45:08 AM »

There is always the option for upgrades down the road.

Perhaps a Li-ion setup to include the port and eliminate battery changes?

I would be happy if I received a port, even if it was non functional at the moment.

It is an $75.00 option.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Yuri_Orlov
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:14 AM »

Its $75.00 With included .2A Charger, Which I received no charger. Its $62.00 for the port and no charger but correct me if i am wrong wouldn't that price include a full installation of the port, hooked up and ready to go? I would be OK with it even if it was hooked up with and functional with rechargeable AAA batteries at that point, that is just my opinion.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 01:58:27 AM »

So, my first guess is that someone made a mistake doing an order build, so it got put in with the lots for Mystery Box draws.  People are human, they make mistakes, especially if they are under pressure, and seeing that US just went through one heck of a busy season...  Seems to me that would be a better use of such oopsies than tossing them.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Yuri_Orlov
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 02:28:01 AM »

Here is the 2nd Email response I Received today:

Thanks for taking the time to put together your review on your latest Mystery Boxes!  To help dispel any confusion regarding the A/V Switch: "Filler" can mean that we were trying to make sure that the hole wasn't going to lead to any of the electronics in the hilt.  When we craft our sabers, we make the hilts in batches, and must craft a number of them with the hole tapped for the recharge port, as well as those without.  If we were out of the hilts without the Recharge Port hole tapped and didn't have the Lithium-Ion battery setup to offer in the same saber, the technician was most likely trying to make sure that your saber was still sturdy and sound in its construction.  Definitely a confusing feature though, and we do try to do this as little as possible.

This is better information to what I originally received:

I’m sorry for any confusion regarding your Mystery Box order.  If you have a standard battery setup and you received a recharge port, this recharge port is not functional and would need to be upgraded to a lithium ion setup with recharge port functionality. That recharge port is merely a filler.  If you wanted to send your hilt back to have it upgraded with the recharge port and lithium ion rechargeable battery setup please let me know and I can give you pricing and instructions on how to send your saber in. And again, I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Thanks for choosing Ultrasabers. Feel free to email us here with any other questions or concerns. 

Now that I have a better understanding I feel more at ease. As the previous poster said it could have been a mistake, or in my opinion they must have run out of the normal hilts. I also agree that this a far better use for them than tossing them. Now I know.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 02:46:12 AM »

Here is my review of not only my 1st $75 mystery box that I got when I went in with a friend over Christmas time, but the 2 $75 mystery boxes I received when I placed my own order. One of them has a recharge port but does not function? am I the only one this has happened to or is this standard??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSaSs9vtas

I'm going to suggest that the $75 MB are not the way for you to go.  I only get green and blue blades from my MB and grab bag sabers... still waiting for that illusive red blade.  lol  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:00:04 AM »

Thanks for the review video. As you have already heard of have seen others get the recharge port with the AAA battery set up. I'm glad they sent the 2nd email better explaining why.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

Its $75.00 With included .2A Charger, Which I received no charger. Its $62.00 for the port and no charger but correct me if i am wrong wouldn't that price include a full installation of the port, hooked up and ready to go? I would be OK with it even if it was hooked up with and functional with rechargeable AAA batteries at that point, that is just my opinion.

Your logic is sound.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer but I would have no problem with this. It makes the hilt unique and it's not like you didn't get what you paid for.

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

ThanatosPa
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side points

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »

I'm going to suggest that the $75 MB are not the way for you to go.  I only get green and blue blades from my MB and grab bag sabers... still waiting for that illusive red blade.  lol  Smiley
[/quote]

I just got a Dominix V2 in Orange(review and video coming soon). This is my 3rd MB. And, for now, my last at the $75. I want sound  Lips sealed

Dark Sentinel LE Windowed silver
Aeon LE V2 Green
Also for those awarding points Dark Side please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: