Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED stopped working  (Read 1952 times)
diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

« on: February 20, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »

my led is no longer working on my raven i just got Sad

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

Batteries are probably low, need to try charging them.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:35:30 PM »

i thought that too but the sound went out after the led is that normal?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »

If the batteries are low and it doesn't have a buckpuck, yeah the LED and sound cutting out at different times is normal.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »

waiting on charger will update once it comes and I charge battery's hopefully that's just the issue.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:17 PM »

99% it's the batteries. What are the exact specifications of your saber? We need the exact battery type, current regulation type (Resistor or BuckPuck) and the sound board type. You said light went out before the sound died. That's mostly the case for sabers that is equipped with a resistor. Light needs more power than the sound board, that's why it fades out with the sound still playing. Once the power is too low, the sound board will also stop working.

A BuckPuck prevents this, leading to a simultaneous and immediate shutdown of sound and light when power is too low.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »

99% it's the batteries. What are the exact specifications of your saber? We need the exact battery type, current regulation type (Resistor or BuckPuck) and the sound board type. You said light went out before the sound died. That's mostly the case for sabers that is equipped with a resistor. Light needs more power than the sound board, that's why it fades out with the sound still playing. Once the power is too low, the sound board will also stop working.

A BuckPuck prevents this, leading to a simultaneous and immediate shutdown of sound and light when power is too low.
I know he has Emerald and Ob v3 so Li-Ion as well. My guess is he has a resistor.

Darkside Points Please

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »

No, Emerald doesn't need a resistor except for the illuminated AV switch if present. The Emerald board itself controls current and voltage to the LED. We should wait until he has fresh batteries and then check if the problem persists.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 02:39:09 AM »

everything is okay now, was the battery thank you everyone for the help. i feel dumb lol

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 03:05:19 AM »

No problems.  Glad that it was an easy fix.  We recommend having an extra spare pair of batteries.  A greater majority of us when first collecting sabers have had at least one learning lesson regarding batteries and chargers.  Smiley

diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 03:12:17 AM »

thanks, Iplan on getting extra batteries Smiley

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:38 PM »

Good to hear you got it solved Smiley And yeah, definitely get some spare battery sets Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: